Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But why? If it’s $500 to $1000 and refundable.
I can imagine some dealers keeping the customer in the office for hours trying to convince them to buy before they finally give the deposit back. If it's fully refundable with zero hassle to get it back, that's fine, but some dealers will probably make it difficult.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I expect $500-1000 (total) 400/900 at time of the order. Not a question I even asked though...

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can imagine some dealers keeping the customer in the office for hours trying to convince them to buy before they finally give the deposit back. If it's fully refundable with zero hassle to get it back, that's fine, but some dealers will probably make it difficult.
As they should if you order to your spec and back out. We are here to order and have something that is new and the way we ordered it. If you arnt sure then wait till they hit the lots and buy then. But if you order one the way you want it and then back out when it’s in I don’t fault a dealer for trying to close the sales it’s their job.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As they should if you order to your spec and back out. We are here to order and have something that is new and the way we ordered it. If you arnt sure then wait till they hit the lots and buy then. But if you order one the way you want it and then back out when it’s in I don’t fault a dealer for trying to close the sales it’s their job.
They'll be many cases when it's not as simple as just changing their mind. There are any number of things that could happen in such a lengthy wait that the customer may need to cancel.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bc $5k in a dealers pocket gets you nothing. $5k in my pocket invested can make me a few hundred. Why would I let someone else make money off my money? Especially since we're not talking a few weeks. You're talking almost 6-8 months. That's not a short amount of time to let someone else hold onto your money.

Even if you put it in a saving account, you'll make more money than giving it to someone else. Idk, that just doesn't sit right with me. I get commitment. But $5k is a bit much.

Unless you're a 1%er and $5k ain't shit to you. Then by all means.
Yeah I personally don't get offering up an extra 5k so far in advance . . . why not have it working in some sense and put it down at the time of purchase . . . each to their own but it sure is not how I would do it. I am fine with a deposit (up to 1k) but I won't be depositing any more than required!

Sponsored

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say it's reasonable if it were the typical 6-8 week delivery time frame. In this case, it will be more like 6-8 months. That's a long time to be tying up someone's money.
I agree with you in that I don’t like having my money tied up for that long, but if it keeps some people from ordering a bronco they don’t intend to buy I’m ok with it. I’ve already put down $100, so $400 more isn’t that much.

I sold my F-150 in March and have that money set aside in some relatively safe investments for the down payment. At this point $500 isn’t going to make that much of a difference for me.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I visited a local Ford dealership today to look at colors.
The rep told me that they never ask for a deposit when ordering a car. Especially one that will take possibly 6 plus months to get. He was unaware that Ford was requiring additional money over the $100.
So who really knows what is true. I personally would not give any money to any dealer. What are they offering in return? If Ford can’t ship vehicle for some reason they get to use your money. If they made some guarantee that the Bronco would show up at a certain date and they would refund money with additional monies paid for missing delivery date I would consider. They won’t do that.
I have been told FORD is not asking for anything over and above the initial 100.00 deposit - anything more is the dealers choice and may even differ from customer to customer.