Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you order? Just print out the B&P and they’ll submit when available?

I placed my order and an extra $500 deposit at my dealer already. I'm going to be paying anyway so I don't mind.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t get the dealers getting slapped with big penalties if reservation holders don’t follow through. I know what they are trying to prevent but their plan is flawed.
Im not defending the dealers. They make good money doing what they do. Some are good guys, but many will gladly take $249 for nitrogen filled tires if you let them.

IMO, the penalty was to try to prevent a dealer from creating multiple order reservations (at only $100) in a name that has no promise to actually by the bronco. One way is to say for instance “you 45 dealership employees working here”, each of you log on and reserve a Bronco, order it and when it gets here walk away from it. That gets 45 Broncos on the lot the dealer can sell at big markup. It would have been within the rules until Ford said there will be big penalties for reservation orders that don’t go to a sale to the original reservation account.

Reactions: MJJ

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For 2K, I better get an email every day with a real update in progress.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How could you not expect a deposit at order? Have you ever ordered a new vehicle before? Ever dealer wants money when you place an order on a $60k new vehicle. I’m putting down 5k why not it’s all going toward the thing anyways. If you want something new and rare put skin in the game. If you don’t want to step aside wait for a 2022 and let us get the 2021s.
Bc $5k in a dealers pocket gets you nothing. $5k in my pocket invested can make me a few hundred. Why would I let someone else make money off my money? Especially since we're not talking a few weeks. You're talking almost 6-8 months. That's not a short amount of time to let someone else hold onto your money.

Even if you put it in a saving account, you'll make more money than giving it to someone else. Idk, that just doesn't sit right with me. I get commitment. But $5k is a bit much.

Unless you're a 1%er and $5k ain't shit to you. Then by all means.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Additional $400 requested in December/January at order time by Tomball Ford in NW Houston, TX.

I think that's fair. This isn't some exotic car they won't be able to sell if you walk. They'll not only sell it, but at a premium.

Asking for more than $1,000 in my opinion is too much.

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im not defending the dealers. They make good money doing what they do. Some are good guys, but many will gladly take $249 for nitrogen filled tires if you let them.

IMO, the penalty was to try to prevent a dealer from creating multiple order reservations (at only $100) in a name that has no promise to actually by the bronco. One way is to say for instance “you 45 dealership employees working here”, each of you log on and reserve a Bronco, order it and when it gets here walk away from it. That gets 45 Broncos on the lot the dealer can sell at big markup. It would have been within the rules until Ford said there will be big penalties for reservation orders that don’t go to a sale to the original reservation account.
I’ve read this type of concern in a few threads... the issue with that thinking is the dealers would have had to anticipate the demand the Bronco was going to have and place reservations those first days other wise they are behind us and it doesn’t really matter (unless of course they know what models are being built first.... ) I just don’t give them that much credit
Who knows I guess

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
$500 for my dealer.

OP
OP

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t get the dealers getting slapped with big penalties if reservation holders don’t follow through. I know what they are trying to prevent but their plan is flawed.

Dealers didn’t set the $100 fully refundable deposit limit
Dealers don’t control Covid or the unemployment rate
Dealers don’t control the piss poor launch from Ford corporate
Dealers don’t control the 12-18 month wait
Dealers don’t have control over high in demand options being delayed or interior choices that are sub-optimal

If Ford wanted a high follow through rate they should have set the initial deposit required closer to $1000 and had their act together before they launched like having the B&P live before the reservation window even opened up.
Dealers are being penalized for being greedy. Make them compete for your business not the other way around.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bc $5k in a dealers pocket gets you nothing. $5k in my pocket invested can make me a few hundred. Why would I let someone else make money off my money? Especially since we're not talking a few weeks. You're talking almost 6-8 months. That's not a short amount of time to let someone else hold onto your money.

Even if you put it in a saving account, you'll make more money than giving it to someone else. Idk, that just doesn't sit right with me. I get commitment. But $5k is a bit much.

Unless you're a 1%er and $5k ain't shit to you. Then by all means.
Some people also benefit from having an expense on this years books so money down in 2020 does way more then sitting in an account. You can call it a 1%er I call it being smarter then the system. Thanks for your money advice, it couldn’t be more worthless

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Out of Curiosity, what happens if I deny to pay the deposit when the Dealer asks? while ordering Bronco. This will be my first ordered vehicle.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Out of Curiosity, what happens if I deny to pay the deposit when the Dealer asks? while ordering Bronco. This will be my first ordered vehicle.
They probably won't order your vehicle and you'll get your $100 deposit refunded.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But why? If it’s $500 to $1000 and refundable.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2k is ridiculous. Mine asked for the same thing. I changed my reservation that day.
Sponsored