Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MIC has been a disaster from the get go. Ford should do whatever it takes to get it right.
To be safe, I have a Bestop soft top for my 2 door, so the MIC 2.0 can early retire to the rafters until they figure it out, lol.
Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Greetings all,

Just back from the dealer (1-29-2022), after ordering my 4-door OBX and I was informed that Ford, for the time being, will no longer aloow orders for Broncos with the MIC, Molded In Color Hardtop on both 2 and 4 door Broncos. Evidently, FoMoCo is having major fitment issues, so that option is discontinued till Design can fix the fitment issue. I had to order mine with the soft top, or no order at all.
Yeah, yeah. Dealers say many things to compel customers to to close a sale. Ford would have sent out an email to the folks who matter: Customers.

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Greetings all,

Just back from the dealer (1-29-2022), after ordering my 4-door OBX and I was informed that Ford, for the time being, will no longer aloow orders for Broncos with the MIC, Molded In Color Hardtop on both 2 and 4 door Broncos. Evidently, FoMoCo is having major fitment issues, so that option is discontinued till Design can fix the fitment issue. I had to order mine with the soft top, or no order at all.
No mic for 2 door doesn't make sense.... They don't have a softop option as far as in aware. I'm not sure this dealer is being honest with you.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the ā€œ300 per dayā€ quote came from a customer service rep that got reprimanded for saying so. Everything Iā€™ve read so far says the MIC is still in short supply. I hope I get delayed until ā€˜23MY, so I can get a painted modular top.
Me too, but I love my Bronco I have now so much, I don't know what I'm going to do when mod tops are available. My husband is hinting that I should look into the Everglades when it comes out.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can make sure that happens by telling your dealer to change your priority code to 99. That preserves your order but ensures it wonā€™t get scheduled. Then when MY23 ordering season begins have them submit a new order with a regular priority code
In theory that's correct, but has there been a formal announcement made by Ford that 99'd reservations will be automatically forwarded to MY23 as was done for MY21 to MY22? I have a second order (7/14/20 reservation) on 99 in the hopes of letting it roll into MY23 to get a MOD top (assuming it is ready by then), but haven't seen anything official yet confirming Ford will allow 99s to ride another year. For sure some orders may get pushed to MY23 for various commodity constraints like this last time around, but that is different. Please correct me if I missed an announcement, it would be good news if it has been confirmed.

RSHart

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2013 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Greetings all,

On another post a man said he spoke with someone at great length on the subject and she said they were no longer suggesting people to order soft tops. My son ordered a BLs with hardtop on Tuesday and got his confirmation today, projected 15 months.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think I'm going to just start building my EcoSport.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i started a new thread with a quote from someone at ford saying more problems with the MIC top, it was deleted less then a day later by the mods here.
Whoa, that's news to me. I've taken delivery of 2 MIC roofs so far. Now I just need my Bronco to install one, then sell the other at a handsome profit.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me too, but I love my Bronco I have now so much, I don't know what I'm going to do when mod tops are available. My husband is hinting that I should look into the Everglades when it comes out.
If I end up with a MIC, Iā€™ll take a short term lease, then get the modular top when available. Canā€™t use a soft top where I live, shitty weather and no garage.

Last edited:

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where are you in Florida? Iā€™m heading down to my place on Marco Island tomorrow?

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m curious how much this is going to cost them in lost business. How many people will switch to a wrangler or buy something else instead of wait. Not a big deal as it isnā€™t costing anyone money right now but what happens when all of the dealers start adding the mark ups even if you ordered it over a year prior? I had to go to several dealers before I found one that wouldnā€™t charge market ad on.
Hell with it...I'm waiting on the MOD top. If it ever is built

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hell with it...I'm waiting on the MOD top. If it ever is built
It just pisses me off when I see a Jeep with a beautiful, painted hardtop. Why the hell canā€™t Ford get the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.