Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're guessing on the conversion rate just like Ford is. You, the dealer, Ford, or anyone will not actually know the true conversion rate until they start... being converted.

As for the price hikes, get a different dealer or make them commit to X-Plan. Get it in writing. Do your negotiating now before you can't change dealers, that includes all the other dealers in your area.

Yes you might not see yours until 2022. I probably won't being a week three reservation holder. For me, that's the plan. But comparing the Bronco to the F-Series is ridiculous. They have multiple lines for their bread and butter profit machines. The Bronco is sharing a line with a Ranger because, more then likely, once all of the initial demand is met then that'll be all the production capacity they need. Don't forget that they're not getting a full year in with 2021, either.

TL;DR - relax and be patient, and maybe find a new dealer.
[/QUOT
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine that is the CFO for a local dealership in my area. He is claiming that they just got word today that Ford will only be able to fill 50% of their reservations for 2021. He went on to tell me that they are going to be raising prices to reflect this supply/demand conundrum...

My opinion on this is that it is BS and they are hearing inaccurate or incomplete information. Ford produces close to 1,000,000 F-150s each and every year, it is difficult for me to believe they can't produce 150,000 Broncos, especially considering the financial difficulties Ford has faced over the last decade. It seems to me that the last thing Ford would do is squander the opportunity they have in front of them with this product by not doing everything in their power to retool their manufacturing to meet this demand. Thoughts?
there is a ton of inaccurate coming out...even from Ford own people (I.e. September build and price).. I think they are going to do their best to get dealers stocked up as quick as possible and get as many of these on the road ASAP
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, have heard pretty much the same. I've posted it all here, and everytime I do I get chastised or called a liar. Like when I posted about commodity shortages and the fact that Ford felt like some of the commodity issues would naturally take care of the number of reservations. That wasn't a popular statement, but that's what they told us. And when they told us they anticipated building roughly 80k Broncos. Again, unpopular. Or when I said a lot of the reservations/orders were going to be filled as 2022 models...again, unpopular. They've been prepping us...I've been prepping my customers.
You make it seem like people would be excited by that information. Ha. Also... I'd like to point out that it's not always just your information.... Its the way you convey your info that rubs people the wrong way.

I'm just trying to clear up if Ford themselves have said they will only be "able" to fulfill 50% or if they only "plan" for 50% to actually go through. If they're only planning on 80k is that capacity reasons, sales reasons, or customer reasons?

Seems like a specific number.

I'm well aware that there will be issues with fulfillment. I'm not living in a silver lined cloud like some. Just wondering where the info comes and why we here so much varying information from different dealers with no actual source other than "Ford" which could mean anything from a manager to Jim Farley.

I'd just rather hear nothing than little tidbits and half-truths with no source is all.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I will say, due to lack of supply, a dealer could easily sell a Bronco to a customer at the dealer's net cost, collect all taxes, fees, etc, register the car, buy it back at the total cost pricepoint, then turn around and sell it on the lot as a pre-owned vehicle and turn a profit. I guarantee that. If you have a state that has a small flat tax, like SC's $500 tax, then even better. Dealers are creative, especially the successful ones. They don't get big by luck.
This is exactly the kind of game that causes so much hatred of traditional dealerships.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
165K reservations will turn out to be <60K actual orders. Calling it now. Ford will fill them, this is the most hyped vehicle since the Model 3 hit the streets.
The “Model 3” - what’s that?

Is that one of them coal burning veee-hickelz? Uses a steam engine and a really long extension cord? No scrubber on the smoke stack?

Sounds like it pollutes. I’d rather use my gas engine with a catalytic converter.

<wink>

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pricing yeah I doubt it.

production? Wouldn’t surprise me. Full production is probably may or june, that is only 7 months or so of production in 2021. IIRC Michigan assembly was targeting 100-150k Broncos per year so that would just about line up with half the current pre orders.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

w
Yeah, have heard pretty much the same. I've posted it all here, and everytime I do I get chastised or called a liar.
You have posted this exact comment ad nauseum on many threads. You have quite the persecution complex. Such thin skin! Grow a pair or don't post.

You made your points. People made theirs. What do you want to satisfy your hurt feelings. If somebody in FLA gives you a friggin hug will you get over yourself?

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the fact that the reservations are essentially short term interest free loans to ford. 165,000 X 100 is 165 MILLION.... They can get capacity going.
Don't get too attached to the build estimate for your new Bronco...it may be off by a factor of 10x.
iStock_000038546718_Small.jpg

Sponsored

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is exactly the kind of game that causes so much hatred of traditional dealerships.
Why is that? It's not illegal. How is it any different than a dealer offering a stellar deal to build reservations? I'm offering my reservation holders a stellar deal if they don't want to keep their Bronco. Seems most would like the get out option. No?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Traditionally most new year models arrived in August . Given that they plan on shipping the 1st batches out in June they should just sell them as 2022 year model anyway . We're all waiting a year to get our Broncos and then they will immediately be a year old when we drive them off the lot :(

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford actually stated that they would only fill 50% of the reservations, do you really think they would STILL be taking reservations? C'mon man! They would have pulled the link a long time ago...and guess what, you can still reserve a Bronco right now.

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly I really want the bronco, but the more time goes by, the more I contemplate in my head and the logical side of me says I should wait 2-3 years. It's a hefty price tag for a vehicle that I've never seen in person, nevermind driving one.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.