Sponsored

Dealer Says I'm Previewing. Too Late To Add Tow??

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I wouldn't add it right now since you are previewing. If you get a production date, then I'd see if your dealer can add it after the fact. It's incredibly hard to get a production date, and there are thousands of others that wish their order was previewing like yours is. I wouldn't change anything while previewing unless you are ok with waiting weeks and/or months to get to the previewing stage again. Not to mention, the tow package was a constraint for a long time.

Most of the time, you cannot change anything about your order once you get a production date and a VIN, but it's possible (though I do not recommend it). I know from experience that it can be done.

Around a month or so ago, my dealer never code 99'd my order after I had requested them to, and I randomly got a build date email. Normally I'd have been excited about this, but I was kind of frustrated because I had only recently decided that I wanted to add the Sasquatch package, which was not on my order. The dealer made a request to Ford (after I received my VIN and production date), and the Sasquatch package was successfully added to my build about a week later. So, in your case, it's worth a try.

Although, I think Ford may have been accommodating because of my situation, and because that feature didn't affect any characters of the VIN (that I know of).
You seem knowledgeable about previewing sooo in that case, I was previewing last week, then previewing again yesterday morning. What exactly does that mean? I have no constraints on my build.
Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got scheduled week of 6/6 with keeping tow on! Hooray!

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got scheduled week of 6/6 with keeping tow on! Hooray!
..And I got scheduled the week of 6/13/22. (taking tow off probably had no affect on my build date, as you've mentioned we have identical builds.)

Ford Bronco Dealer Says I'm Previewing. Too Late To Add Tow?? dammit

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You seem knowledgeable about previewing sooo in that case, I was previewing last week, then previewing again yesterday morning. What exactly does that mean? I have no constraints on my build.
Have you checked the backdoor link today? Mine had ben previewing the last two weeks, and updated this morning.

Sponsored

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Have you checked the backdoor link today? Mine had ben previewing the last two weeks, and updated this morning.
Unfortunately I dont have the back door link because I was not a reservation holder. My dealer sent a screen shot showing a "P" by my order this morning in WBDO, I haven't heard anything since. I'm am at work just stressing!!

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately I dont have the back door link because I was not a reservation holder. My dealer sent a screen shot showing a "P" by my order this morning in WBDO, I haven't heard anything since. I'm am at work just stressing!!
Oh bummer.

Good luck!

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm guessing the "unicorn braking module" will eventually become available or one will be salvaged from a "totaled" Bronco. Then with enough study, it should plug into the harness and be re-programable. To say you can never have this feature after the vehicle leaves the assembly line seems a bit strong. My uncle always said, with enough money and time you can do anything.
Sponsored