Sponsored

Dealer Says I'm Previewing. Too Late To Add Tow??

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I mean really....what's the BIG restraint with tow anyways? Isn't it basically just a harness and a hitch? Where's the issue with getting the tow package?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed engines while in preview status. In my case I went from 2.7 to 2.3. I did not make the change to improve my build chances, but rather to avoid any potential 2.7 failures. Of course this switch also had the benefit of removing an option listed in the limited commodity category. Changes can be made, but if your change requires an option that is limited, you most likely will not be scheduled. BTW, the tow receiver and harness can be added aftermarket for less then the Ford option.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say roll the dice and see what happens.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any chance of an after-market 7-pin coming down the pike? (i'm not that familiar with the aftermarket options for tow packages)
They are available today. You plug your 4 pin connector into it and then you have to add three new wires (trailer brake controller, reverse backup lights, and a 12 volt wire to the trailer that allows it to run accessories while you're towing). Some even have a backup audio warning device that sounds off just like the big boys when you backup. I've seen them for about $40.00.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have a boat that I'd like to be able to tow, BUT we do have a Tundra that usually gets that privilege. But I'would like to have the option of maybe getting a teardrop trailer in the future.

Any chance of an after-market 7-pin coming down the pike? (i'm not that familiar with the aftermarket options for tow packages)
Not aware of anything yet

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean really....what's the BIG restraint with tow anyways? Isn't it basically just a harness and a hitch? Where's the issue with getting the tow package?
We have all been asking this question for months now. I think this is a total BULLSHIT constraint and cannot believe this is holding orders up. I know I don't know dick about manufacturing, but the company that INVENTED mass production more than 100 years ago having such a simple problem.....just baffling. By the way, I have a friend with my same dealer that took TOW off his order about 4 or 5 months ago hoping his order would get scheduled for production. NO DICE!! We both have 2-door orders, so I would suggest anyone that has a 2-door order planned, don't back off of a TOW package feature as I feel the 2-door/MIC hard top is probably the most major constraint and what is holding things up and NOT that tow package.

Tow package?!?!? WTF Ford?!?!? Such a bullshit little thing to tag as a constraint. Straw man excuse? Could you have been more creative?

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The deal is the factory Tow Package comes with a Tow Module located under the rear carpet. The left and right turn signals and the brake light signals along with the trailer brake command are sent via CAN to this module and from there to the trailer 4 or 7 pin plug. The PCM communicates with this module and can alter engine and transmission commands if it sees you are towing a trailer. Not sure what other things are included but it could alter the rear camera too.

It's easy to add a conventional 7 pin plug and trailer brakes but you cannot add the tow module once the truck leaves the assembly line. This is the BIG DEAL with the Tow Package.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The deal is the factory Tow Package comes with a Tow Module located under the rear carpet. The left and right turn signals and the brake light signals along with the trailer brake command are sent via CAN to this module and from there to the trailer 4 or 7 pin plug. The PCM communicates with this module and can alter engine and transmission commands if it sees you are towing a trailer. Not sure what other things are included but it could alter the rear camera too.

It's easy to add a conventional 7 pin plug and trailer brakes but you cannot add the tow module once the truck leaves the assembly line. This is the BIG DEAL with the Tow Package.
REALLY?!?!?!.....compared to all the other computer module integration items that are being delivered in these vehicles? ABS? Heated fucking seats? Come on.....just don't buy it. Again, I don't know shit, but logic just doesn't feel right here.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say go for it. The worst that’ll happen is you won’t get a vin and production date.

Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not aware of anything yet
Here's the wiring diagram. As you can see the Trailer Tow Module sends signals and POWER to the 7 Pin Connector. It also talks to the BCM (Body Control Module) as well as the PCM and all of the 30+ modules in the CAN Network.
Ford Bronco Dealer Says I'm Previewing. Too Late To Add Tow?? TOW

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to know who this Dealer is who actually communicates...

Bronco_Mo

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i took the towing off in early January, still no VIN....so I put it back on. I figured I gave them 3 and a half months to preview and schedule me without the tow package, if they're not in a hurry to get my Bronco built I'll wait for the Bronco I want...besides its probably allocations anyway....

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I deleted my tow package from my 2 door Badlands and finally got a May 16 Build Week. I'm going to buy the bolt-on trailer hitch from Ford and bolt it on. This is a piece of cake. Then I'm going to buy a Curt or a Tekonsha Wireless 7 Pin Brake Controller, not sure which one yet. One uses your iPhone as the controller and the other comes with a controller that plugs into the cigar lighter for power. This will save running wires from the front of the vehicle and tearing up seats and carpet. It won't be tied into the network but for what I tow it will work just fine.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have a boat that I'd like to be able to tow, BUT we do have a Tundra that usually gets that privilege. But I'would like to have the option of maybe getting a teardrop trailer in the future.

You can always add a 7 pin or 4 pin as you want down the road. It might not be "factory" but seriously, the Bronco doesn't even have a tow/haul mode. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I was able to get the tow package, but I would have foregone it if it meant the difference between getting my VIN number 1-6 months sooner (and at this point that's the reality). The tow package has set plenty of people to the end of the line.
Sponsored