Sponsored

Dealer Says I'm Previewing. Too Late To Add Tow??

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have all been asking this question for months now. I think this is a total BULLSHIT constraint and cannot believe this is holding orders up. I know I don't know dick about manufacturing, but the company that INVENTED mass production more than 100 years ago having such a simple problem.....just baffling. By the way, I have a friend with my same dealer that took TOW off his order about 4 or 5 months ago hoping his order would get scheduled for production. NO DICE!! We both have 2-door orders, so I would suggest anyone that has a 2-door order planned, don't back off of a TOW package feature as I feel the 2-door/MIC hard top is probably the most major constraint and what is holding things up and NOT that tow package.

Tow package?!?!? WTF Ford?!?!? Such a bullshit little thing to tag as a constraint. Straw man excuse? Could you have been more creative?
Well believe it or not, the biggest BS constraint isn't tow, it's the paint protection film. That's far more lame of a thing to not build a Bronco over!!!
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nobody here knows. If you don't need the 7 pin, leave it be.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The deal is the factory Tow Package comes with a Tow Module located under the rear carpet. The left and right turn signals and the brake light signals along with the trailer brake command are sent via CAN to this module and from there to the trailer 4 or 7 pin plug. The PCM communicates with this module and can alter engine and transmission commands if it sees you are towing a trailer. Not sure what other things are included but it could alter the rear camera too.

It's easy to add a conventional 7 pin plug and trailer brakes but you cannot add the tow module once the truck leaves the assembly line. This is the BIG DEAL with the Tow Package.

Well you could, but it's next level pain in the ass, which no doubt would include FORSCAN mods to make work.

Also remember, it's a 3500lb limit, you don't need it integrated to the Bronco at that weight. It's a non-issue. Your Bronco will tow just fine at 3500lbs. I couldn't even feel my 25' Boat behind my Bronco at normal speeds (I didn't take it down the I-10 at 80 MPH like I did with my F-150).

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Donā€™t change it. You have high risk of losing price protection for both 22 and 22.5. That $500 tow package could cost you $2000.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't add it right now since you are previewing. If you get a production date, then I'd see if your dealer can add it after the fact. It's incredibly hard to get a production date, and there are thousands of others that wish their order was previewing like yours is. I wouldn't change anything while previewing unless you are ok with waiting weeks and/or months to get to the previewing stage again. Not to mention, the tow package was a constraint for a long time.

Most of the time, you cannot change anything about your order once you get a production date and a VIN, but it's possible (though I do not recommend it). I know from experience that it can be done.

Around a month or so ago, my dealer never code 99'd my order after I had requested them to, and I randomly got a build date email. Normally I'd have been excited about this, but I was kind of frustrated because I had only recently decided that I wanted to add the Sasquatch package, which was not on my order. The dealer made a request to Ford (after I received my VIN and production date), and the Sasquatch package was successfully added to my build about a week later. So, in your case, it's worth a try.

Although, I think Ford may have been accommodating because of my situation, and because that feature didn't affect any characters of the VIN (that I know of).

Sponsored

GatesHarris

Base
First Name
Gates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA 4X4 Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Base
The deal is the factory Tow Package comes with a Tow Module located under the rear carpet. The left and right turn signals and the brake light signals along with the trailer brake command are sent via CAN to this module and from there to the trailer 4 or 7 pin plug. The PCM communicates with this module and can alter engine and transmission commands if it sees you are towing a trailer. Not sure what other things are included but it could alter the rear camera too.

It's easy to add a conventional 7 pin plug and trailer brakes but you cannot add the tow module once the truck leaves the assembly line. This is the BIG DEAL with the Tow Package.

Thanks so very much for this explanation. Now it seems to make some sense.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so you gave up tow to jump ahead of people ahead of you in line and now you are asking if there is a loophole you can exploit to get tow back and keep your new place in line?

Big brass ones on you.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well believe it or not, the biggest BS constraint isn't tow, it's the paint protection film. That's far more lame of a thing to not build a Bronco over!!!
While I appreciate the sentiment on this one, I completely disagree. Think about it. PPF is hand-applied and not automated. They must pull each vehicle off the line to do a manual-intensive process to apply that. If there was one thing that was a constraint, I would suggest it is this. Anyone with a PPF order shouldn't expect expediency with their delivery......IMHO.

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so you gave up tow to jump ahead of people ahead of you in line and now you are asking if there is a loophole you can exploit to get tow back and keep your new place in line?

Big brass ones on you.
There are no lines. Iā€™ve had a reservation since July 15, 2020 and have seen thousands of people that ordered after me receive their orders. And Iā€™m not looking for a loophole, Iā€™m asking an honest question.

Iā€™m not skipping anyone in line, except hopefully you.

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to know who this Dealer is who actually communicates...
Heā€™s only ever reached out once. Iā€™ve literally been emailing him once a month for the last 6 months.

Who is your order with?

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I removed tow at the beginning of the year to try and expedite my build.
After exchanging emails with my dealer, it appears I previewed last week, and am previewing again this week.

My question is: If he puts Tow back on, does anyone know for fact that it will affect my preview/scheduling?
(Will I go back to the bottom of the pile instead?)

And YES, I know: "Why doesn't my dealer know the answer?"

No clue.

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.23.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.23.57 PM.png
Iā€™ll let you know, I have the same date and build with tow.

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I removed tow at the beginning of the year to try and expedite my build.
After exchanging emails with my dealer, it appears I previewed last week, and am previewing again this week.

My question is: If he puts Tow back on, does anyone know for fact that it will affect my preview/scheduling?
(Will I go back to the bottom of the pile instead?)

And YES, I know: "Why doesn't my dealer know the answer?"

No clue.

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.23.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.23.57 PM.png
If only 40,000 people would do that this week, I might stand a chance of finally getting picked.