Sponsored

Dealer Says I'm Previewing. Too Late To Add Tow??

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I removed tow at the beginning of the year to try and expedite my build.
After exchanging emails with my dealer, it appears I previewed last week, and am previewing again this week.

My question is: If he puts Tow back on, does anyone know for fact that it will affect my preview/scheduling?
(Will I go back to the bottom of the pile instead?)

And YES, I know: "Why doesn't my dealer know the answer?"

No clue.

Ford Bronco Dealer Says I'm Previewing. Too Late To Add Tow?? Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.23.51 PM

Ford Bronco Dealer Says I'm Previewing. Too Late To Add Tow?? Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.23.57 PM
Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you want a production date? If so, don't fuck with things as they sit right now. I wouldn't chance it.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't do it, unless you just love waiting, than go right ahead

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Previewing means Ford is looking at your build to make sure they have the parts to produce the vehicle. If you throw the tow package in now (if it's even possible) it could bring everything to a screeching halt. If you want your Bronco now, like Sean said, don't take that chance.

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Previewing means Ford is looking at your build to make sure they have the parts to produce the vehicle. If you throw the tow package in now (if it's even possible) it could bring everything to a screeching halt. If you want your Bronco now, like Sean said, don't take that chance.
This is what my gut is telling me too.
But I wasn't sure if just altering the order automatically kicks me back out of Preview, or if it continues to Preview and consider the re-jiggered build.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is what my gut is telling me too.
But I wasn't sure if just altering the order automatically kicks me back out of Preview, or if it continues to Preview and consider the re-jiggered build.
Tom, like you I'm don't know for sure what would happen either. But, I suspect it would put your build back in the que waiting once again. Also, as far as I know the tow package is still on constraint, and that doesn't help your chances at all. I'd hold fast, and just get an aftermarket hitch.

Also, you saleperson is right. Any priority between 10-19 means the same thing in Fords system. And, that's the spread most all special orders are placed. Good luck, I hope you hit the bullseye with your build this time.

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
After exchanging emails with my dealer, it appears I previewed last week, and am previewing again this week.

My question is: If he puts Tow back on, does anyone know for fact that it will affect my preview/scheduling?

No clue.

Ford Bronco Dealer Says I'm Previewing. Too Late To Add Tow?? Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.23.57 PM

I was previewing last week and again previewing today. You have some of the most constrained aspects to a build and Im betting that if you add tow you won't get scheduled. Just wait and let them add the 4 pin when your Bronco arrives.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you dont need 7-pin/brake assist skip it. really. i had it, dropped, and got a vin a vin two weeks later.

the dealer can install a ford tow for the same price that is 4-pin. if you dont need wiring you can put a hitch on even cheaper.

you can change when previewing, i did and removed tow. if you add it plan to preview for a long time. i previewed a dozen times when i had tow on, and that was the constraint.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No clue.

Don’t do it. You could miss 22’ pricing and pay 23 pricing and receive in 23.. for towing…?

Sponsored
OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My opinion, if you were willling to remove tow to get it scheduled, why would you add it back on right as your plan started to work?? Keep it off!
Well, it's the only compromise I was willing to make, in an effort to get it quicker. But as I've sat in purgatory ever since I removed it anyway (back in January), I had contacted my dealer to put it back on, but now I happen to be previewing.

Looks like I'll just leave it off, and hopefully enjoy my Bronco by the end of summer 🙂

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, it's the only compromise I was willing to make, in an effort to get it quicker. But as I've sat in purgatory ever since I removed it anyway (back in January), I had contacted my dealer to put it back on, but now I happen to be previewing.

Looks like I'll just leave it off, and hopefully enjoy my Bronco by the end of summer 🙂
Cant wait to see pictures of your sweet ride!! Ill be waiting for about another year🤣

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you dont need 7-pin/brake assist skip it. really. i had it, dropped, and got a vin a vin two weeks later.

the dealer can install a ford tow for the same price that is 4-pin. if you dont need wiring you can put a hitch on even cheaper.

you can change when previewing, i did and removed tow. if you add it plan to preview for a long time. i previewed a dozen times when i had tow on, and that was the constraint.
We have a boat that I'd like to be able to tow, BUT we do have a Tundra that usually gets that privilege. But I'would like to have the option of maybe getting a teardrop trailer in the future.

Any chance of an after-market 7-pin coming down the pike? (i'm not that familiar with the aftermarket options for tow packages)
Sponsored