Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if I missed this before, but is the expected delivery of a 3/20 reservation actually spring '22?
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How can they possibly offer the same level of service as a smaller dealership?
The level of service I need is them having a pen and handing over the keys. That's all that's needed for many here.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think 2% of that is using dealership financing
Actually it wasn't when I was on the verge of ordering a 2021 ecodiesel gladiator. No strings attached. I won't disclose which dealerships they are, but they're here in the mountain west region and popular with some of the jeep forums.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The level of service I need is them having a pen and handing over the keys. That's all that's needed for many here.
And I don't even need a pen. Just have me electronically sign the paperwork and when I show up give me keys and Im off. Did that with my f150 in Texas as well. Spent all of 20 minutes there and 15 of those minutes were me test driving the truck before pulling out of the parking lot and driving 11hrs home.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got an early 2nd day, I would have had MY21 but chose to let the dust settle and wait for the MY22 improvements especially the Heritage and new colors.

Sorry but can't see go to the back of the line even for 4%. I'm patient and cheap but not that much patient and cheap.
If you're waiting on a '22, you've already self-moved far back in line. That said, it's a unique situation for everyone based on where their reservation would have put them, what kind of deal they have setup and how much longer they would end up waiting. Anyone who didn't reserve until 2021 or even late 2020 might want to seriously consider the deal given how far back in line they already are. Even with the best deals for us early birds, there's $1,000 to be saved with this. So everyone has to ask what $1,000 is worth to them. :)

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As much as I LOATHE dealer badges or license plate frames, if Tom got some plate frames made up with "Thank U Appreciate U" on the bottom I'd actually run it for a few weeks before hanging it in the garage.
Seriously... this needs to happen!

Capture.JPG

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're waiting on a '22, you've already self-moved far back in line. That said, it's a unique situation for everyone based on where their reservation would have put them, what kind of deal they have setup and how much longer they would end up waiting. Anyone who didn't reserve until 2021 or even late 2020 might want to seriously consider the deal given how far back in line they already are. Even with the best deals for us early birds, there's $1,000 to be saved with this. So everyone has to ask what $1,000 is worth to them. :)
How do you get $1000? To go from a 3% discount to a 4% discount on a $50k Bronco is only $500??? Maybe I am missing something although I agree if you aren't in a big hurry every bit extra helps.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whoa there... absolutely not a dealer or a troll. I am simply looking at this from a logistics and allocation perspective. The 2 dealers askong people to switch to them are going to have hundreds, maybe thousands of customers with trailer load after trailer load of broncos arriving. How can they possibly offer the same level of service as a smaller dealership? How is Ford handling allocations to these mega dealers? A different formula?

Again, I am not a dealer, and the only skin I have in the game is wanting my Bronco yesterday. It seems like a reasonable concern... no?
There aren't going to be "thousands" of Broncos going to any dealer. Maybe a couple of hundred. That averages to one Bronco per day at dealers with the highest allocation. In reality, several may arrive at the same time and maybe none again for a week.

Granger has three guys handling Bronco orders. If they can't each get paperwork completed on two Broncos a day while still providing plenty of customer service, they'll need to get more efficient. :) Customers picking up their Broncos may need to schedule an appointment rather than just dropping in, but it all seems pretty manageable.

As far as dealer allocations go, figure that statistically, every dealer will likely have a similar proportion of Broncos based on orders. Being 25th in line with a dealer getting 75 Broncos is basically the same as being 50th in line with a dealer getting 150. (With all the caveats about limited availability configurations and such.)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa there... absolutely not a dealer or a troll. I am simply looking at this from a logistics and allocation perspective. The 2 dealers askong people to switch to them are going to have hundreds, maybe thousands of customers with trailer load after trailer load of broncos arriving. How can they possibly offer the same level of service as a smaller dealership? How is Ford handling allocations to these mega dealers? A different formula?

Again, I am not a dealer, and the only skin I have in the game is wanting my Bronco yesterday. It seems like a reasonable concern... no?
All great questions.

These discussions were litigated over many months, and more than one dealership employee has swooped in here to try to convince us that Granger wasn't going to get a single bronco and that we'd "all be sorry." After much deliberation the forum has settled on this not being a concern and I'll try to sum it up now...

Every dealer is having allocation calculated with the same formula. The formula does give deference to dealers that have historically higher SUV sales and dealers in markets with high Jeep and 4Runner sales... but each of those considerations are weighed half as much as the actual Bronco orders a Dealership gets.

People have made a lot of assumptions about whether these are small dealers or mega dealers, but truth-be-told we don't know exactly what the formula is, or exactly what a particular dealer's variables/inputs are. What we do know for certain is that these dealers, by courting more actual Bronco buyers, will receive more actual Bronco allocation as a result.

Will many of their customers be waiting for MY22? Of course, but so will many other customers across the country irrespective of their dealer.

Let's say that Ford can only produce 1/3 of the ordered broncos before MY21 production runs out. Because the way dealer allocation works, and Ford utilizing Timestamps to determine build order, that means that irrespective of the dealership, or how many customers they have, the first 1/3 of their reservation holders will receive a MY21 bronco.

The dealership with 30 orders will get 10 MY21's allocated... the dealership with 300 orders will get 100 MY21s allocated. Assuming that generally, distribution of reservation holders is consistent across all dealers, if you're in the front 1/3 at dealer A, you'll still be in the front 1/3 at dealer B... and it doesn't matter whether one has a million orders and the other 10.

Ford will be churning out Broncos, and they are going to just head right into MY22 production and keep trucking. The last 2/3 of reservation holders will just be waiting long enough for ford to get to theirs that we'll enter into MY22 production and they'll get one of those.

Now, of course, with the allocation formula, there will be some variations away from the straight 1/3 example I gave, based on their SUV sales and market shares... but just from what we've learned from the dealership's "estimated" allocations Ford provided and have been shared here... dealerships are all basically in the same neighborhood of one another. Some were estimated 27% of their reservations, others 32%... but from the ground where you and I are, those percentages are close enough that it's otherwise meaningless. There's no way I will ever know whether my ordering going through Granger meant I got my bronco 3 weeks sooner, or 3 weeks later, compared to my local small volume dealer. It's even more pointless to try to game the system now based on these concerns... especially when such a good deal and customer service is staring you in the face.

Now, to your question about service.

What you're forgetting about these big deals is that we are super easy customers. The dealership has to worry about the logistics of entering orders, and maintaining a relationship now... but they don't have to *sell* us a car we're not sure we want. Their customers from the forum are all highly educated and enthusiastic and want to do business with them. We reserved, they kept a spread sheet. They had a plan to call and reach out, confirm what we wanted, and then did the data entry.

Eventually Ford will do their magic, the customer and the dealer will get a delivery estimate, and when the vehicle shows up at the dealer they'll prep it, the customer will walk in and sign the paperwork for the price they already agreed to, and walk out. No games, no funny business, no bluffs, etc.

I don't run a car business myself, but if I had to hazard a guess I would say that this model actually affords them an easier time with customer service. Obviously they have to be attentive to messaging and emails, but they don't have to spend any energy courting us.

In the case of Granger, Zach had assigned an existing employee to Bronco stuff FT, and recently hired a new FT employee to help. They're taking this seriously and I'm not concerned.

Also, there's some sneaky things... like I believe Granger does a TON of fleet sales for .gov agencies, so they're used to trucks and trucks of vehicles rolling in and getting processed quick and rolling out... a dozen bronco's coming in on a transport isn't going to even be a blip for them.

And, even if the customer service SUCKS when it comes time for the broncos to start shipping.... it's still already WAY BETTER than the customer service others have already experienced.

There's a thread right now where someone's dealer just straight up stole their reservation. The dealer refuses to talk to the reservation holder other than to say that they're going to order what they the dealer wants, and they'll sell it to whomever the highest bidder is.

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you get $1000? To go from a 3% discount to a 4% discount on a $50k Bronco is only $500??? Maybe I am missing something although I agree if you aren't in a big hurry every bit extra helps.
I was using my deal, which was $1,000 under invoice, offered to us early-res holders. I didn't really pay attention to Chapman's other deals because I'm out west.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer was $800 below MSRP, so I was fairly content... but Toms 3% deal took another $2500 off of that. Yep, it’s a long drive from Alabama, but I’m turning it into a 4 day vacation... which those savings are paying for. Win win in my opinion.

Shawntrex

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All great questions.

These discussions were litigated over many months, and more than one dealership employee has swooped in here to try to convince us that Granger wasn't going to get a single bronco and that we'd "all be sorry." After much deliberation the forum has settled on this not being a concern and I'll try to sum it up now...

Every dealer is having allocation calculated with the same formula. The formula does give deference to dealers that have historically higher SUV sales and dealers in markets with high Jeep and 4Runner sales... but each of those considerations are weighed half as much as the actual Bronco orders a Dealership gets.

People have made a lot of assumptions about whether these are small dealers or mega dealers, but truth-be-told we don't know exactly what the formula is, or exactly what a particular dealer's variables/inputs are. What we do know for certain is that these dealers, by courting more actual Bronco buyers, will receive more actual Bronco allocation as a result.

Will many of their customers be waiting for MY22? Of course, but so will many other customers across the country irrespective of their dealer.

Let's say that Ford can only produce 1/3 of the ordered broncos before MY21 production runs out. Because the way dealer allocation works, and Ford utilizing Timestamps to determine build order, that means that irrespective of the dealership, or how many customers they have, the first 1/3 of their reservation holders will receive a MY21 bronco.

The dealership with 30 orders will get 10 MY21's allocated... the dealership with 300 orders will get 100 MY21s allocated.

Ford will be churning out Broncos, and they are going to just head right into MY22 production and keep trucking. The last 2/3 of reservation holders will just be waiting long enough for ford to get to theirs that we'll enter into MY22 production and they'll get one of those.

Now, of course, with the allocation formula, there will be some variations away from the straight 1/3 example I gave, based on their SUV sales and market shares... but just from what we've learned from the dealership's "estimated" allocations Ford provided and have been shared here... dealerships are all basically in the same neighborhood of one another. Some were estimated 25% of their reservations, others 30%... but from the ground where you and I are, those percentages are close enough that it's otherwise meaningless. There's no way I will ever know whether my ordering going through Granger meant I got my bronco 3 weeks sooner, or 3 weeks later, compared to my local small volume dealer. It's even more pointless to try to game the system now based on these concerns... especially when such a good deal and customer service is staring you in the face.

Now, to your question about service.

What you're forgetting about these big deals is that we are super easy customers. The dealership has to worry about the logistics of entering orders, and maintaining a relationship now... but they don't have to *sell* us a car we're not sure we want. Their customers from the forum are all highly educated and enthusiastic and want to do business with them. We reserved, they kept a spread sheet. They had a plan to call and reach out, confirm what we wanted, and then did the data entry.

Eventually Ford will do their magic, the customer and the dealer will get a delivery estimate, and when the vehicle shows up at the dealer they'll prep it, the customer will walk in and sign the paperwork for the price they already agreed to, and walk out. No games, no funny business, no bluffs, etc.

I don't run a car business myself, but if I had to hazard a guess I would say that this model actually affords them an easier time with customer service. Obviously they have to be attentive to messaging and emails, but they don't have to spend any energy courting us.

In the case of Granger, Zach had assigned an existing employee to Bronco stuff FT, and recently hired a new FT employee to help. They're taking this seriously and I'm not concerned.

Also, there's some sneaky things... like I believe Granger does a TON of fleet sales for .gov agencies, so they're used to trucks and trucks of vehicles rolling in and getting processed quick and rolling out... a dozen bronco's coming in on a transport isn't going to even be a blip for them.

And, even if the customer service SUCKS when it comes time for the broncos to start shipping.... it's still already WAY BETTER than the customer service others have already experienced.

There's a thread right now where someone's dealer just straight up stole their reservation and refuses to talk to them other than to say they're going to order what the dealer wants and they'll sell it to the highest bidder.

Thank you for the thorough and detailed response. I apparently missed the previous threads on this topic.

I agree that customer service is probably less of an issue for us since we are very informed buyers and we already know what we want. Also as you point out, if these dealers are used to fleet sales and are dedicating staff to this rollout, then probably less of a issue.

I guess time will tell how this all shakes out :)
Sponsored