First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company need to look at this and get involved. This is just wrong.
I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that Ford isn't complicit and supportive of these type dealer actions. The only real actions that have been taken by Ford are against dealers charging less than MSRP. Ford is short-sighted and is losing future vehicle sales left and right due to this apparent support or apathy, including my own.
Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, playing devils advocate here (or at least both sides).

I donā€™t think them adding the charges/accessories was right so Iā€™m not excusing that. Nothing Iā€™m about to say gives them cover on that front.

Looking at the reviews online, overall positive and appeared to be from legit posters (not a bunch of five stars from accounts that only had one review). A couple of negative they didnā€™t fix my car right but nothing red flag. Then 3 days ago the angry mob takes over. Lots of 1ā­ reviews specifically mentioning this forum and your original post. Also links to the actual thread and screenshots of your paperwork.

Itā€™s possible they saw the reviews and said screw it, Iā€™m not dealing with this guy. From the look of it their rating has dropped about half a star in 3 days. You may have shot yourself in the foot by posting this to the forum.
This is possible. However, based on OP dealings, this dealership was not budging even before the 1 Star posts. When does it stop? These shady dealers legitimately damage FMC reputation and Ford should act by removing some of their allotment As punishment.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say no due to the relatively low cost of the bullshit accessories.

Woodbridge Ford in NJ (formerly Bell Ford) came under new ownership, voided all existing price agreements (including written ones on which a deposit was already paid), and informed their customers they were gonna pay a minimum of $14k ADM.
What happened to the vomit react?!?

That is pretty awful. I still award a lot of scumbag points for outright stealing this order to try for 30k ADM from the public.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still award a lot of scumbag points for outright stealing this order to try for 30k ADM from the public.
Yeah this one is a shit dealership for sure.

I find the accessory scam somehow even less savory than a dealer openly charging a markup, but I don't track it because unfortunately there are a ton of dealers who pull crap like this, and I want to keep my list ADM focused. The only silver lining is that usually this scam happens at dealerships that have gotten people in the door with suspiciously low pricing. For the MSRP or higher dealers to be pulling this is really bad.

Also a lot of dealers straight-up rob people on trade-ins and financing.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know the law in Arizona, but id try to file a case and get an injunction the dealer selling the Bronco....I think that might make them lose interest in this mess and sell it to you just to make it all go away.

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I donā€™t think them adding the charges/accessories was right so Iā€™m not excusing that. Nothing Iā€™m about to say gives them cover on that front.

Looking at the reviews online, overall positive and appeared to be from legit posters (not a bunch of five stars from accounts that only had one review). A couple of negative they didnā€™t fix my car right but nothing red flag. Then 3 days ago the angry mob takes over. Lots of 1ā­ reviews specifically mentioning this forum and your original post. Also links to the actual thread and screenshots of your paperwork.

Itā€™s possible they saw the reviews and said screw it, Iā€™m not dealing with this guy. From the look of it their rating has dropped about half a star in 3 days. You may have shot yourself in the foot by posting this to the forum.
I don't think he shot himself in the foot. The dealer was refusing to remove the extra charges and the OP was refusing to pay the extra charges. Neither side was going to budge. In that situation, the car was not going to get sold to the OP no matter what so might as well bomb their reputation on the way out. Keeping quiet and continuing conversation with the dealership is essentially BEGGING and groveling for the dealer to sell you the car at the MSRP price. Not worth my respect to resort to that IMO. I'd rather just wash my hands of it and find another dealer and restart the process, no matter how much that may suck.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perfect time to consult a lawyer hope you have some documentation.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is possible. However, based on OP dealings, this dealership was not budging even before the 1 Star posts. When does it stop? These shady dealers legitimately damage FMC reputation and Ford should act by removing some of their allotment As punishment.
Like, I said, not excusing their behavior.
I don't think he shot himself in the foot. The dealer was refusing to remove the extra charges and the OP was refusing to pay the extra charges. Neither side was going to budge. In that situation, the car was not going to get sold to the OP no matter what so might as well bomb their reputation on the way out. Keeping quiet and continuing conversation with the dealership is essentially BEGGING and groveling for the dealer to sell you the car at the MSRP price. Not worth my respect to resort to that IMO. I'd rather just wash my hands of it and find another dealer and restart the process, no matter how much that may suck.

You may be right, but there was still time to potentially work things out. Instead the dealer went nuclear.

All I know is that the dealer didn't have the typical reviews we've seen for dealers with shady stuff going on. Lot's of 5 stars that appeared legitimate. They obviously care about their reputation and something may have been worked out. Now neither party wins.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My understanding is they pulled it from him and will not attempt to sell it to another customer. (With a higher ADM Iā€™m sure)
Not sure. I have not received anything in writing.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I learned years ago that little 'family' owned dealerships are NOT the place to go. Sad because I usually try to support the little guy. Every sale is so precious to them, they won't deal and try to get every dime they can out of you. Mid range and big dealerships don't have to squeeze you to make a living. Anyway that is my personal experience buying new rides over the last 35 years. I ordered my Bronco from one of the largest dealers in the state. Sorry for your pain.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as there are some dealers willing to sell at MSRP, the "cost" of walking away is basically going to the back of the line and waiting longer. As the reservation line dwindles, so does that cost, especially since it is abundantly clear that the way Broncos get scheduled is very, very far away from being FIFO (even for identical builds).

Unfortunately another part of the cost is the knowledge that the scammy stealership is going to make even more money off selling your customized Bronco to some other sucker. But the psychology of that is kinda warped... you're going to do a major transaction with a total scumbag just so the scumbag's profits are a little less? Better to cut the scumbag out of your life and move on, I say.

We were sold on the reservations being really important, but they aren't. That $100 was enough to get a lot of us feeling trapped by the sunk cost fallacy.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Like, I said, not excusing their behavior.

You may be right, but there was still time to potentially work things out. Instead the dealer went nuclear.

All I know is that the dealer didn't have the typical reviews we've seen for dealers with shady stuff going on. Lot's of 5 stars that appeared legitimate. They obviously care about their reputation and something may have been worked out. Now neither party wins.
The dealer and the buyer went back and forth already many times. At what point does the negotiation turn into begging? Got to move on at some point and it seems that point had already been reached. The dealer must really be hard up if they can't remove $1500 of unnecessary accessories or this was planned by them since the start. In the end, the dealer is going to win if that car is delivered and they are able to mark it up on their lot.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The moral of every one of these stories: Negotiate the price when ordering, get an agreement in writing! Do not wait for car to be delivered... When will people learn??

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I understand your point, but they had many opportunities to make this right. What Bronco6G does on their own is from the community, not me. Yes, I posted the information for input and support. I feel that the Bronco6G did what they needed to do and that is always appreciated. When we feel alone and have no other recourse, this forum is a great place to get support and guidance. I do not regret posting anything to this forum and my only regret is choosing a dealership close to a military base, thinking they support the Troops. Obviously, they only support their bottom line.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I learned years ago that little 'family' owned dealerships are NOT the place to go. Sad because I usually try to support the little guy. Every sale is so precious to them, they won't deal and try to get every dime they can out of you. Mid range and big dealerships don't have to squeeze you to make a living. Anyway that is my personal experience buying new rides over the last 35 years. I ordered my Bronco from one of the largest dealers in the state. Sorry for your pain.
Agreed. All my bad dealership experiences have come from small family owned dealerships. I always stay clear of them. High volume dealers only for me. They can have their shortcomings too but it's nothing like those small family dealers IME.
Sponsored