First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A few weeks ago reached out to my salesman to see if I could change colors and a few options. He told me no because it had been ordered.

My reservation day was 4/18/21. Went to dealership 4/19/21 to order. Placed money down, filled out what I wanted, and went on my way.

Logged in yesterday to Ford’s site since a lot of random order dates seemed to get build dates assigned, mine says it’s just on reservation not ordered. Reached out to my salesman, he said “Ford didn’t pick up many of the orders.” He told me I was for sure ordered. I called Ford. They said there is no order associated with my reservation code or name. They told me orders are currently closed, but were open when I placed the reservation and put money down.
Trying to figure out what to do.

From what Ford told me, I won’t have a locked in MSRP now.

I still have a 2021 reservation for a 4 door that was just never ordered per what Ford tells me.

You guys have any thoughts on this? I put money down on it to be ordered, and it just seems like the dealer never ordered it.
Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Price lock only applies to orders placed before 20 March so in any case your price wasn’t going to be locked in

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hate to say it, but you’re screwed for 2021. When you did not receive an order confirmation from ford, you should have contacted your dealer. Did you receive an order summary or DORA from the dealer?

UpNover

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Dealer done the same thing , they ordered my Bronco but not under my reservation number , not sure how, but they did get the order and reservation merged together.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still have a 2021 reservation for a 4 door that was just never ordered per what Ford tells me.

You guys have any thoughts on this? I put money down on it to be ordered, and it just seems like the dealer never ordered it.
1. You didn't have a locked in MSRP anyway. You would have had to have reserved prior to 3/20/21.

2. Your dealer sucks, sorry. Not much you can do. MY21 is completely closed out now. MY22 ordering starts 10/13. Check your ford.com account and email with more vigor in future. Ford WILL email you when your order is in.

Sponsored
OP
OP

The sasquatch

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hate to say it, but you’re screwed for 2021. When you did not receive an order confirmation from ford, you should have contacted your dealer. Did you receive an order summary or DORA from the dealer?
Unfortunately, I never received an order confirmation. I just didn’t realize I should have. On me for that one, but on them for just not ordering it.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since no order was placed can't he get his deposit back and at least switch the reservation to another dealer?

OP
OP

The sasquatch

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since no order was placed can't he get his deposit back and at least switch the reservation to another dealer?
I asked Ford this today… they told me if I put money down associated with the reservation number, they wouldn’t suggest that till I got that money in hand

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unfortunately, I never received an order confirmation. I just didn’t realize I should have. On me for that one, but on them for just not ordering it.
yeah you’re right there. That dealer screwed up. I would see what they have coming in terms of their mannequin model and strike a deal to buy it when it’s available. If it’s something you’d be happy with. If not, then I’d raise holy hell with the GM or Owner and see what they offer.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few weeks ago reached out to my salesman to see if I could change colors and a few options. He told me no because it had been ordered.

My reservation day was 4/18/21. Went to dealership 4/19/21 to order. Placed money down, filled out what I wanted, and went on my way.

Logged in yesterday to Ford’s site since a lot of random order dates seemed to get build dates assigned, mine says it’s just on reservation not ordered. Reached out to my salesman, he said “Ford didn’t pick up many of the orders.” He told me I was for sure ordered. I called Ford. They said there is no order associated with my reservation code or name. They told me orders are currently closed, but were open when I placed the reservation and put money down.
Trying to figure out what to do.

Yeah- your dealer is a jerk

go elsewhere if you can

Sponsored

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah...that's on you. I order a toothbrush from Amazon, I am getting and holding on to the order confirmation until it's delivered. I'm not going to assume Bezos is sending me my toothbrush without it.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Find another dealer. Screw those guys.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had a similar experience. My reservation is 8-4-21. Went in on Saturday 8-7 to order and was told it would be placed that Monday (8-9). I never received an order confirmation from Ford. Never got a WBDO from the dealer. I called Ford a couple times and they kept asking for my order number. Well- I don’t have one! All I have is the build sheet we went over at the dealer. I asked my dealer and got “we don’t know why”. Called Ford again and they said there was a software issue not allowing reservations to be converted to orders. Yet I see a few folks on here and another forum getting confirmed orders with later reservation/orders. Then of course order banks closed.
I talked to the general manager and he called their Ford rep who said “we have everything we need to confirm the order- when ordering opens back up”.
Pretty frustrating process. I don’t know if it’s the dealer or Ford. Probably both. I’m going to stay on them come 10-13 and if I don’t get a confirmed order I’m telling them to screw off and buying a Jeep Mojave. I didn’t even look at Ford for 27 years due to some dealership BS when I was younger. I’m getting close to doing that again.

OP
OP

The sasquatch

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With the options I ordered, I’m not sure it changes much that they didn’t order, but it’s frustrating. Had I used another dealership I could have been in the mix. I drove a hybrid rubicon yesterday that honestly has more power than the bronco I test drive a few weeks ago. Also it has better aftermarket support and is available now. Will try to get my money back from the dealer and attempt to wait on raptor version of bronco…. In the mean time I’ll get that 7,500 tax credit for getting a plug in hybrid.
Sponsored