Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A bit off topic, but a bunch of comments have been made about no loaner. I can't remember the last time I was offered a loaner when my car was in for any type of service or repair.
10 years with a Charger that had numerous recalls, I was never offered a loaner or a shuttle. I asked one time for a ride home 2 miles away and was denied.
The last shuttle ride I got was from an Audi dealership to work, about 5 miles, and that may only have been because the new car left me stranded on the side of the highway.
Sponsored

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't remember the last time I was offered a loaner when my car was in for any type of service or repair
The local Hyundai dealership gave us a loaner for almost 2 weeks while they did a recall service on my (ex) wife's Sonata Hybrid because they had to wait for parts, but the local Ford dealer has never offered me a loaner (or even a shuttle ride) when my Mustang has been in for service.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
During Covid, I agree. But there should be no excuse now. I have numerous other cars from different manufacturers and have no problem getting service…and treated like a paying customer.
It's funny that people that have no idea how the business works are the authorities on it now. I pay my techs $42 a hour. I will take three more if you send them my way. I have been advertising for 2 months and have received 0 applications. I have posted jobs with all the tech schools within 400 miles of me. It tells you on the sites how many people have looked at the listing and 0 have over the same 2 months. I think until you have our experience with what's going on you will never understand. The Chevy dealership in my town is down to 1 tech and has been trying to hire for over a year with nothing also.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's funny that people that have no idea how the business works are the authorities on it now. I pay my techs $42 a hour. I will take three more if you send them my way. I have been advertising for 2 months and have received 0 applications. I have posted jobs with all the tech schools within 400 miles of me. It tells you on the sites how many people have looked at the listing and 0 have over the same 2 months. I think until you have our experience with what's going on you will never understand. The Chevy dealership in my town is down to 1 tech and has been trying to hire for over a year with nothing also.
I've heard the same thing about recruiting nurses for nursing homes. Offering to pay for education, licensing, housing, etc.
You can't stay in business without employees.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just had my Explorer in for warranty service at a Ford dealer I've used for decades, but did not buy the Explorer from and they were very helpful and gave me a 2023 Edge ST-Line loaner with about 400 miles on it to drive. They had mine for two and a half weeks and it will need to go back again for more warranty work, parts delays. My experience with Ford has been whatever you bring in for warranty work, you'll get a like vehicle loaner to drive.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just had my Explorer in for warranty service at a Ford dealer I've used for decades, but did not buy the Explorer from and they were very helpful and gave me a 2023 Edge ST-Line loaner with about 400 miles on it to drive. They had mine for two and a half weeks and it will need to go back again for more warranty work, parts delays. My experience with Ford has been whatever you bring in for warranty work, you'll get a like vehicle loaner to drive.
I haven't needed a loaner since pre-covid. My salesman is a smart guy and he knows what I am looking at as my next vehicle. When I take my vehicle in for service he gets notified through the dealers computers and he finds me to go say hi and get me a loaner. That loaner is usually what I've been eyeballing.

He's sold me a couple of cars that way.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get your situation and dilema. But I can buy a used car as I always do, and take care of it myself. I'm buying a new car in large part because it should work without old car issues, and because of warranty and getting it serviced.

If for whatever reason the car companies with the way they have this system setup, are unable to conveniently provide me that benefit and service on the new car, then I'm not buying a new car. I should not have to care how the sausage is made behind the scenes. If Ford wants my business buying one of their new cars, they better easily provide me the benefit of a new car, else goodbye Ford.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In '21 loaners cost us $101,003 and $73,426 in '22. This was after what Ford paid us for warranty rentals and we're just a medium small dealer. This is not the cost of the loaners, just the fuel, insurance, repairs, etc. As of this morning, almost all of my loaners are out and maybe one of those will be eligible for me to claim anything with Ford.

OP
OP
CarGuy

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't needed a loaner since pre-covid. My salesman is a smart guy and he knows what I am looking at as my next vehicle. When I take my vehicle in for service he gets notified through the dealers computers and he finds me to go say hi and get me a loaner. That loaner is usually what I've been eyeballing.

He's sold me a couple of cars that way.
Exactly! When I get my Mercedes serviced, I pick the loaner from a wide variety of vehicles. Also helps that I get 4 cars serviced there throughout the year.

OP
OP
CarGuy

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In '21 loaners cost us $101,003 and $73,426 in '22. This was after what Ford paid us for warranty rentals and we're just a medium small dealer. This is not the cost of the loaners, just the fuel, insurance, repairs, etc. As of this morning, almost all of my loaners are out and maybe one of those will be eligible for me to claim anything with Ford.
This is not a customer problem. It's Ford's and the dealer's to figure out. If repairs were a day, most customers would not mind being without a car for a day - i.e., no loaner. But even the simple fixes are taking days/weeks - e.g., my Bronco went in on a Thurs. and returned end-of-day Monday (4-days, not counting Sunday) to change the hood latch and window trim piece, and oil change. Most of the customer cars are in "waiting mode" for parts, thereby elongating the service appt.

I know...covid, supply chain, talent, etc. But that is something Ford and its dealers need to address. Other manufacturers have managed through these problems. I know Mercedes was hit hard as well during/after covid, but they did a great job shielding it from customers and delivering on expectations as best as possible. The American manufacturers voice the problems to the customers as an excuse.

As a customer, I welcome open discussion with dealers on timing and issues they may face that impact me, but we're well beyond that - it's a crutch, like they are doing you a favor. Run your business and lead your way out of the problem(s).

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure refusal to do Warranty work is against the Magnuson-Moss Act.
But does the M-M Act apply to Ford as a coporation and not the dealer per se?
I am not saying that the dealer is not culpable. Ford needs to step in here and tell these jack asses that they represent the company and therefore must provide service regardless whether you purchased the car from that delaership or not.

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

haven't read this thread :sneaky: but my bronco has been in the dealership for now 4 weeks - just to have the seat fixed.

Waited over 800 days, had it for 5 months, and now it's been in the shop for a month - owning a bronco is such a great experience. Please let me give you more money Ford.

and 0 loaners offered

Wish I would've known buying/owning a Ford was such an abysmal experience.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't expect to lure in new customers if you turn down service. Seems to be a certain recipe to make your business fail eventually. Unfortunately, workers today do not seem to be invested in the success of their businesses they work for.

OP
OP
CarGuy

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will be seeing dealers sponsoring H1Bs :oops:

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer model is dead and needs to end. Electrification is merely an excuse to get rid of costly dealerships that add no value. Once dealers are gone in 20 years Ill bet ICE is offered again direct.
Sponsored