Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The ford rep I spoke to said that

I had multiple messages with Ford and the department of commerce and utahs consumer protection agency. That’s just one of many screenshots from my interactions with ford. The first time I’d reached out to ford was 3/14/22 because on my conversation after visiting the dealership
So that dealer never made you put another $500 on top of the already $100 reservation for the car?? Cause my dealership and salesman did, maybe he was right, it's to protect them (the dealership) and the customer from probably a situation like this.
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was this the bad review? You should have waited. My salesperson wasn’t the best but certainly I was going to try to nurture that relationship to be sure I received my vehicle. Was Bryce unresponsive because you contacted him too many times? There shouldn’t have been too much communication considering most is the ordering process with the dealer is just a waiting game.

Ford Bronco Dealership sold my bronco Order 2C51AE4A-AC94-411E-9656-6DD2743090E5

EDIT: ALSO NOTICED THAT YOU POSTED ON YELP AS WELL. Seems a little aggressive for a lack of communication issue.

Ford Bronco Dealership sold my bronco Order 29459E92-007E-4CC3-BAB7-E2A55D017D22

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like the same review under two different user names.

OP, live and learn. Sorry it did not work out for you.

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a civil issue not a criminal one. The police won't do anything.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's terrible, it's wrong, but you have zero leverage against a dealer on an order. It's a terrible system. The best you can do is take the lesson and in the future give your business elsewhere.

Sponsored

philown

Big Bend
First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big bend 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And that would be my last Ford car ever... i would print screen shot, send them to ford customer service, doing an estimate of how many car i could still buy in my life from them, saying that now you're leaning towards another brand forever, create 40 fake accounts to leave bad review on the dealer and never ever buy ford again. If it was a 3 months wait maybe i would be forgiven but since it's over a year there's no way i ever wait that again for a brand that screwed me unless I get an awesome deal as a apologize.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And that would be my last Ford car ever... i would print screen shot, send them to ford customer service, doing an estimate of how many car i could still buy in my life from them, saying that now you're leaning towards another brand forever, create 40 fake accounts to leave bad review on the dealer and never ever buy ford again. If it was a 3 months wait maybe i would be forgiven but since it's over a year there's no way i ever wait that again for a brand that screwed me unless I get an awesome deal as a apologize.

I don't know how this works in Canada, but in the US there is nothing Ford can do to intervene.

Ford is required to work through dealerships by law, laws that are extremely favorable to the dealer. Those dealerships are independent and have a contract with Ford to sell their vehicles. If the dealership puts in a special order and stays within the terms of the contract, Ford has to fill that order and sell that vehicle to the dealer. It's then up to the dealer whether or not the sell that vehicle to the customer that ordered it.

Ford can do things at the macro level such as the name match criteria they've spelled out (that admittedly most people call toothless), but on an individual case, there isn't much that can be done by Ford, especially once the VIN is created. Maybe they could of moved the order before the VIN, but once that VIN is created the power shifts completely to the dealer.

This is why, and I can't stress this enough, you got to vet your dealers in these cases. Its not like a normal purchase where you can walk out at any time and go down the block to the next Ford dealer.

It's no different than living in a town with a "good" McDonalds and a "bad" McDonalds. Sometimes you go out of your way to avoid that bad McDonalds.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, if this escalates that Ford rep is probably not going to have a job anymore. Their advice to have you call the police is absolutely ludicrous. As much as I agree you were very much entitled to this vehicle, from a legal perspective the dealership does still own it 100%

Crazy that they suggested this tactic instead of putting pressure on the dealer themselves.
"Entitled," even. I'm pretty sure, until he has a bill of sale in hand, he isn't entitled to anything.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"Entitled," even. I'm pretty sure, until he has a bill of sale in hand, he isn't entitled to anything.
So orders should mean nothing? For anything else out there, when I order it, it is for all intents and purposes mine. On an order, the dealers only job is to produce papers to sign and hand over the keys. They are a delivery agent. I don't owe them huge for being the place ford parks my order for a couple days.

Last edited:

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I talked with Ed Kenley when looking to settle on dealership. Like every other Utah dealer I called, they sucked at their job. So I broke all the rules and bought “outside my region” in the middle of Iowa.

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sue that damn dealer!

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So orders should mean nothing? For anything else out there, when I order it, it is for all intents and purposes mine. On an order, the dealers only job is to produce papers to sign and hand over the keys. They are a delivery agent. I don't owe them huge for being the place ford parks my order for a couple days.

With cars yes, the online order means nothing. You can not buy the car directly from Ford. You have to purchase it from the dealership. The dealership "owns" the Bronco until you sign paperwork with them.

That is one of the major issues with the Bronco. Ford allowed "online" ordering for a high demand car and people who have never custom ordered a car before ordered one off the Ford website thinking it would be a similar process to ordering something off Amazon or Best Buy. It's my item being delivered somewhere.

It isn't. It sucks, dealerships lobbied for this to be the system. I think it should change and I think in the next 5-10 years the dealership model is going to heavily shift but as of now... we're stuck with this system.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With cars yes, the online order means nothing. You can not buy the car directly from Ford. You have to purchase it from the dealership. The dealership "owns" the Bronco until you sign paperwork with them.

That is one of the major issues with the Bronco. Ford allowed "online" ordering for a high demand car and people who have never custom ordered a car before ordered one off the Ford website thinking it would be a similar process to ordering something off Amazon or Best Buy. It's my item being delivered somewhere.

It isn't. It sucks, dealerships lobbied for this to be the system. I think it should change and I think in the next 5-10 years the dealership model is going to heavily shift but as of now... we're stuck with this system.
I should be more clear. I realize how things are today. I'm talking more about an ideal. The way things should be. I'm just not willing to call today's system acceptable.

Xtermin8

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ed Kenley Ford in Layton is where my order is. My buddy is a salesman there, so I ordered thru him. I noticed on your review you wrote "buyer beware. RACiSTS, bigoted, unprofessional... Bla bla bla. So you lied about the dealership and complained about waiting a couple months when others have waited long past a year. I think this is a you problem.
Sponsored