dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So orders should mean nothing? For anything else out there, when I order it, it is for all intents and purposes mine. On an order, the dealers only job is to produce papers to sign and hand over the keys. They are a delivery agent. I don't owe them huge for being the place ford parks my order for a couple days.
I did not say orders mean nothing. I said he is not ENTITLED to the vehicle until he has a bill of sale. Go ahead and see how well your entitlement works for you. Go to any dealer, make the best deal you can, and then drive off before you do any of the financial stuff. Make sure you claim your entitlement, loudly and clearly, when you are arrested for the theft of that vehicle.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4BE319F5-C64A-44FC-BC6E-7D7B4353B95D.jpeg

my reservation, MR. BANKS
VIN: 1FMDE5BH0MLA…

#metoo (not that original #metoo)

Did you receive your $100 back? I did. I think you may be out of luck with this dealer, but your last resort might be a heartfelt conversation with the owner of the dealership. He/She might get you back in the que with a different salesperson.

What I discovered in this process was that ultimately the dealership owns the order. Ford corp can not sell cars directly, that’s a violation of their dealership contracts. Some of those dealership contracts were signed 100 years ago by Henry Ford. Tied to those, Ford corp can only sell to dealers. Dealers choose who to sell to. Legally we had “reservations” not “orders”. Contrary to Ford’s confusing marketing emails. Those VIN marketing emails from Ford Corp are for brand loyalty building and use language that presumes that the dealers will be good actors and support your claim to that VIN. But mine was not, yours was not. I became emotionally attached to that Blue Outer Banks. I named my order MR. BANKS. Now I have to use CarFax if I want to see who is driving MR. BANKS. It’s a romantic disappointment, akin to some Olivia Rodrigo ballad. I have to say though, that my MR. BANKS order got me into Bronco Off Rodeo and some cool marketing merchandise like a desk calendar.

So, even though we had a “reservation” with $100 earnest money, that just helped establish original allocations and dealership orders. The dealership places the order and they own it. They would prefer to skip the reservation and upsell it to a preferred customer that pays above MSRP or is better connected to the Bronco/Internet Order sales person.
We don't know that this dealer was trying to upsell this particular vehicle, though. We do know OP chose to post a bad review, before the sale was complete. At that point, the dealer may see the customer, as the bad actor and choose to not do business with him. Why should the dealership be obligated to work with someone like that? What incentive does the dealership have to maintain its relationship with a customer who is giving bad reviews, before they have anything to review? That said, the dealer will probably sell the truck for well over MSRP, now; but we cannot say that was their intention, prior to the bad review.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ed Kenley Ford in Layton is where my order is. My buddy is a salesman there, so I ordered thru him. I noticed on your review you wrote "buyer beware. RACiSTS, bigoted, unprofessional... Bla bla bla. So you lied about the dealership and complained about waiting a couple months when others have waited long past a year. I think this is a you problem.
Nowhere in the original post did OP say anything about racism or bigotry. In fact, in one of his responses he claimed, "I was civil the entire time and don’t know why my review was taken so harshly."

To my way of thinking, calling someone racist or bigotted is far from civil. I have absolutely no doubts as to why the review was taken so harshly.

ThaSunn

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Mustang GT, 22' Jeep Cherokee, 22' BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ed Kenley Ford in Layton is where my order is. My buddy is a salesman there, so I ordered thru him. I noticed on your review you wrote "buyer beware. RACiSTS, bigoted, unprofessional... Bla bla bla. So you lied about the dealership and complained about waiting a couple months when others have waited long past a year. I think this is a you problem.
That wasnt his review. It's just part of the screenshot. His is circled below. It just repeats another review on another website.

Xtermin8

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That wasnt his review. It's just part of the screenshot. His is circled below. It just repeats another review on another website.
Oh ok I see. Overall the guy sounds like he was difficult. And as others stated, it's not his vehicle so maybe don't burn the bridge before you get the bronco. Shouldn't really be this way but that is the state of the market atm.

Sponsored

ThaSunn

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Mustang GT, 22' Jeep Cherokee, 22' BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh ok I see. Overall the guy sounds like he was difficult. And as others stated, it's not his vehicle so maybe don't burn the bridge before you get the bronco. Shouldn't really be this way but that is the state of the market atm.
No, i'm with you. He may be 100% right about salesman not getting answers, etc, but I wouldnt play games or be that guy when something you covet is in play.

67comet

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apileofcode.com
Vehicle(s)
"05 Crown Vic LX, "73 F250, "67 Mercury Comet 202
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d go with Larry h miller not (dead kenley) just avoid young’s
I live close to Young Ford in Ogden. I liked them when they were Westland Ford {all my scheduled maintenance was done there}. Haven't talked to them about my purchase desires yet. I'm going to be talking to several stealerships for my Bronco {one in Pocatello and two here north of salt lake}, I'll go with the one that can sign the best deal. I've never had a bad experience with Ed K or K Garff. Never had a good feeling with Larry H. but I've never used them for anything either {I knew Larry H via my dad and his circles .. He never impressed me}. I might have to get over myself and give them a call too.

I'm just bumbed that I procrastinated on selling some of my vehicles before the reservation list closed. Sitting on a healthy down payment now. Guess it'll just keep growing it while I wait for the 2023 list to open up.

Hopefully by next Spring I'll be picking up my dead simple 2 door Bronco {keypad, aux switches, and roof rack.. That's it.. I'll do the rest}.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live close to Young Ford in Ogden. I liked them when they were Westland Ford {all my scheduled maintenance was done there}. Haven't talked to them about my purchase desires yet. I'm going to be talking to several stealerships for my Bronco {one in Pocatello and two here north of salt lake}, I'll go with the one that can sign the best deal. I've never had a bad experience with Ed K or K Garff. Never had a good feeling with Larry H. but I've never used them for anything either {I knew Larry H via my dad and his circles .. He never impressed me}. I might have to get over myself and give them a call too.

I'm just bumbed that I procrastinated on selling some of my vehicles before the reservation list closed. Sitting on a healthy down payment now. Guess it'll just keep growing it while I wait for the 2023 list to open up.

Hopefully by next Spring I'll be picking up my dead simple 2 door Bronco {keypad, aux switches, and roof rack.. That's it.. I'll do the rest}.

Not sure if you’re want a bronco now or want too wait too order one I was on ksl and I saw that Karl Malone in hailey Idaho have several yes marked up of coarse like almost every dealer out there but they had a few wildtrack’s. Listed

67comet

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apileofcode.com
Vehicle(s)
"05 Crown Vic LX, "73 F250, "67 Mercury Comet 202
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if you’re want a bronco now or want too wait too order one I was on ksl and I saw that Karl Malone in hailey Idaho have several yes marked up of coarse like almost every dealer out there but they had a few wildtrack’s. Listed
I'm in no hurry (I've got a few cars). I'll wait and order the cheapest, most bare bones manual transmission, 2 door Bronco I can get. If it takes me a while to find a stealership that sticks close to MSRP or will dip below it. I'll just keep looking.

I bought my Durango in Eugene Oregon because they were the only ones that'd sell it for what I was willing to pay. $10K less than every other stealership I talked to. The majority said "There was no way anyone was going to sell you what you want for that price". I had a nice road trip/mini vacation on the drive out and back.

Being 50+ helps with being patient :) ..

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Best bet is to reserve another one and get back in line.
I don’t know if anyone can offer any advice. I reserved a 2022 Ford Bronco in 2020 directly from Ford. It was converted to an order and was built. I was given the VIN number and window sheet directly from ford. Ed Kenley Ford who was receiving the delivery of my Bronco started refusing the sale after I left a bad review for poor customer service and requested a new salesperson. I was told they would not do business with me and were canceling my order. I contacted Fords corp Customer service 3/18 and was told my bronco will be delivered on or around 3/21/22 and that my reservation is still confirmed and was advised by the Ford representative to go to the dealership on this date to claim my bronco and involve the police if The dealership does not let me claim order. I was told by the Ford corp that vehicle was mine and would sold to me and I am protected by my preorder and They are denying me my the property I contracted through Ford. Please let me know if this is something I can get any suggestion on routes to take. I was told on 3/28/2022 the the bronco had been sold.

AF919E16-1B21-43CE-856F-1825C358C0EB.png

ABF25922-4DDB-4964-B2F3-5664760DB67D.png

53950F32-D030-44D6-BF7C-7D208F723FBF.jpeg

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t know if anyone can offer any advice. I reserved a 2022 Ford Bronco in 2020 directly from Ford. It was converted to an order and was built. I was given the VIN number and window sheet directly from ford. Ed Kenley Ford who was receiving the delivery of my Bronco started refusing the sale after I left a bad review for poor customer service and requested a new salesperson. I was told they would not do business with me and were canceling my order. I contacted Fords corp Customer service 3/18 and was told my bronco will be delivered on or around 3/21/22 and that my reservation is still confirmed and was advised by the Ford representative to go to the dealership on this date to claim my bronco and involve the police if The dealership does not let me claim order. I was told by the Ford corp that vehicle was mine and would sold to me and I am protected by my preorder and They are denying me my the property I contracted through Ford. Please let me know if this is something I can get any suggestion on routes to take. I was told on 3/28/2022 the the bronco had been sold.

The situation sucks, but your were given bad advice about contacting the police. 1) ford does not sell directly to consumers, so the bronco actually belonged to the dealership it was sent to 2) you would have been on dealership property, which is private property and the police would have simply removed you from the property at the dealerships request 3) the police cannot tell someone the have to sell something to you, that’s would be a job for the courts. Having the police insist they sell the car to you would amount to intimidation

You probably need to follow up with someone higher up the food chain at Ford and let them know that their customer support is recommending that use use local law enforcement to tell a dealership they have to sell you a Bronco before this gets out of hand.

cyber007x

Raptor
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I'm going to guess you never signed a purchase agreement with the dealer? Sales order.. Agreed on price?

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the screenshot he sent certainly didn't say that.
I left the bad review because my salesman Bryce Taylor wasn’t responding to my messages and the 2 responses he gave me were rude and didn’t seem like he even read my messages and so I asked the dealership to switch me salesperson which they refused to to so after 3 more months of Bryce acting a fool I left the negative review. I was civil the entire time and don’t know why my review was taken so harshly. The sales manager did say Bryce was dealing with some issues from ford but that was the only excuse I got for his behavior before being told my order was going to be canceled.
I just have no idea what you were expecting to happen when you posted negative reviews before taking delivery of the Bronco. I'm sorry this happened to you. It was wrong. But just...why did you do that? And why didn't you do your own tracking through Ford Chat, rail lines, the ordertracker app, etc.? You would've had more information than the dealer had.

It was a series of bad decisions on your part when the dealer had all of the leverage.

michaeldc46

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK - 2 Door Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know how this works in Canada, but in the US there is nothing Ford can do to intervene.

Ford is required to work through dealerships by law, laws that are extremely favorable to the dealer. Those dealerships are independent and have a contract with Ford to sell their vehicles. If the dealership puts in a special order and stays within the terms of the contract, Ford has to fill that order and sell that vehicle to the dealer. It's then up to the dealer whether or not the sell that vehicle to the customer that ordered it.

Ford can do things at the macro level such as the name match criteria they've spelled out (that admittedly most people call toothless), but on an individual case, there isn't much that can be done by Ford, especially once the VIN is created. Maybe they could of moved the order before the VIN, but once that VIN is created the power shifts completely to the dealer.

This is why, and I can't stress this enough, you got to vet your dealers in these cases. Its not like a normal purchase where you can walk out at any time and go down the block to the next Ford dealer.

It's no different than living in a town with a "good" McDonalds and a "bad" McDonalds. Sometimes you go out of your way to avoid that bad McDonalds.
Allocations can be stripped/reduced from Dealer by Ford Corp. !
Sponsored