Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...which means auto and that might "force" the 2.3 to 2.7 upgrade...
Might??? Who... are you? ;)

I need the manual transmission. I want the Badlands for the disco and suspension with the highest level of pampering AKA Lux package. I don't want all of the Lux, but it looks like they're pulling some subscription BS with the navigation with any other package and that's a hard pass.

I still don't know which color, but maybe my wife will have an opinion when I decide to tell her that I'm ordering one...as I'm ordering it.
Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My main decision point is:

OBX w/ sasquatch

vs.

Badlands w/out
I'm basically in the same boat. I'm not an off-roader so I'll probably end up with the OBX. I will possibly put larger tires on it and maybe one day if I regret the painted fender flares I'm sure Ford will sell the black plastic ones for cheap.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, I think, I need heated mirrors, remote start (not sure if I really need it but I sort of REALLY liked it the short time I had it) which means auto and that might "force" the 2.3 to 2.7 upgrade and also limited slip for the rear. Desires would be washout floor and most likely fabric seats (hopefully the fabric is like the Police Interceptor fabric). However, I still feel like I NEED to see what the tail lights and the various headlights look like when they are on in order to make a more finalized decision on trim.

Such a dumb thing to almost base my decision around something that I won't even see while I'm driving.

SO, to all of the dealers, when you get models in, would you PLEASE send some really short videos of the tail lights, headlights and directionals in action?
It's nice having features like remote start and heated mirrors which I have in my Escape but not having remote start wouldn't be a deal breaker for me personally. However i do like having upgraded head lights with the DRLs and tail lights. But i'm not sure what the difference between the two selections of the head and tail lights. I like the amber DRLs on the base lights but the upgraded headlights are nice two.
I agree even if there's a dealer that has one of the pre-production models to show off some of the features or designs. But for me I think if they let us build our Broncos today, I'd just make my decisions and just live with them. I really just want to see how the options will go together with the different packages and trims.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say try to be honest about what features and attributes you really will use, and what about the vehicle will give the most fun for the money. I mean the essentials are there in the base model. You can have top down and doors off fun with base just like the guy sending tens of thousands more for the upscale version. And off-road adventure will mostly be predicated on what you are up for, not so much the vehicle. Plenty of loaded Sasquatch versions will never see much action because the owners aren't up for it.

So think about what makes you tick, what will provide the most fun, and what you could do with the money saved not throwing it at a loaded model. For my part, I recently bought a nice condition used sports car that is loads of fun. Myself and family will be enjoying that for the next year or so until (if lol) a new Bronco finally materializes. Then I will buy a base Bronco as well. I'll have both vehicles at around same cost some guys will spend on one loaded Bronco. More fun in my book.

But you got to do what works for you. If you are a gadget guy, simply must have heated mirrors, cooled seats or whatever, then you will likely have to spring for the upscale Bronco versions.
Good solid advice there! Like I said, I know which exact vehicle I'd order, and it is an unsquatched 2.7L base model. I'm well aware of the idea of opportunity cost, which is the reason the entire "decision point" is just the buy/don't buy decision. Even the relatively cheap base model comes out to $35ish all in, which pre-Bronco me would have never even considered spending on a giant piece of transportation metal. But then I saw the Bronco and here I am, drooling every day like the rest of you.

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Needs: a Bronco
Wants: heated steering wheel, universal garage door opener, intelligent access, rubber floors, vinyl seats, 2.7L EcoBoost, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and I'm sure 150 of the so-called 200 accessories that can be added.

Final decision will be made when B&P is out...if ever.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Decision maker for me is if they cave and offer washout interior on all trims. If so I'll go Big Bend. If not Black Diamond.

Desires:
Heated seats and steering wheel packaged together in the Mid package or stand alone cold weather package

Grabber, nitrous or some shade of light blue. I have it in my head now I don't think I will be happy with any other color. I'm sure they will offer it eventually. Hopefully second MY when I will be buying.

Other than that I'm good.

OP
OP
Used2jeep

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Used2jeep

Heated mirrors are standard on all models. So you are good.
What would be VERY helpful is one of those matricies that have each individual item listed. SO COOL and easy to use.

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gas mileage would be really the only outstanding concern for me. I'm going with a two door (17 gallon tank), so it would have to be extremely bad fuel economy for me to consider backing out, something like 13 MPG city/16 MPG highway. It's going to be my only vehicle so I really can't accept something that has less than 350 miles of range on a full tank on the highway.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sold on what I've seen. So it's down to:

1. I have to drive one, in the trim that I decide on.
2. Money. I like a few other vehicles that cost quite a bit less than a well-optioned Bronco will.

That's aboot it. I can compromise on pretty much everything else.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gas mileage would be really the only outstanding concern for me. I'm going with a two door (17 gallon tank), so it would have to be extremely bad fuel economy for me to consider backing out, something like 13 MPG city/16 MPG highway. It's going to be my only vehicle so I really can't accept something that has less than 350 miles of range on a full tank on the highway.
I will say this. I averaged 22/26 with my 2.7 F-150. The Ranger is rated 21/26 with the 2.3. The thing about those turbo engines is they are so much fun to drive it's hard to be light on the pedal. So if don't drive it like you stole it all the time you should have no issue getting good gas mileage. Of course there are other things too. Like adding a lift and big tires. That will send your mileage south pretty quick.

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say this. I averaged 22/26 with my 2.7 F-150. The Ranger is rated 21/26 with the 2.3. The thing about those turbo engines is they are so much fun to drive it's hard to be light on the pedal. So if don't drive it like you stole it all the time you should have no issue getting good gas mileage. Of course there are other things too. Like adding a lift and big tires. That will send your mileage south pretty quick.
Yep, I've learned the hard way with a Tundra. I'm basically looking at stock suspension/tire size Badlands with the 2.3L, so I don't think it's unrealistic to expect something like 16 city/20 highway.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Decided:
2 door
Sasquatch
Lux
Towing
AOD 4X4

Undecided:
OB or Wildtrak
Color
Painted black or body colored modular top
HD modular front bumper
Leather seats

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My decision points really have nothing to do with the vehicle. I pretty much have it nailed down on the trim, upgrades, etc and know within a few hundred dollars what it'll cost to get the one I want. My decision point is figuring out if I'm going to make the smart financial decision (keep my perfectly good paid off car) or go YOLO and buy the one I really really really want. And that's why I hang around this forum soaking up secondhand peer pressure :)
“This is not the perfectly good paid off car you’re looking for.” “Let the Bronco flow through you!”
Just doing my peer pressure part, is it working?

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The decision point is being able to sit comfortably and see the front at night. Being short sucks. I would be SO depressed if the Bronco didn't work since I've been waiting years to own one. :mad:

Am happy with the most basic Base two door + 2.7L and automatic. Want as few nanny features as possible.
Sponsored