newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you. I forgot to get some footage of blankets, pillows, and me with the fiancé and dog all in there together but I posted a pic on this forum at least so people can get sleeping ideas. Even if it’s not the deep sleep bronco.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, so just a couple pads was enough to level out the cargo area? Are these all inflated with air?

EDIT: Sorry, just notice the pic was a video link. Answered my own question, and also realized that my Sea2Summit mattress paid I camp with probably has two valves with only one being an inlet which explains occasional frustrations.

OP
OP

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice, so just a couple pads was enough to level out the cargo area? Are these all inflated with air?

EDIT: Sorry, just notice the pic was a video link. Answered my own question, and also realized that my Sea2Summit mattress paid I camp with probably has two valves with only one being an inlet which explains occasional frustrations.
Yep. I think if you are solo camping in your bronco, your choices are almost limitless. Given that I have to fit my fiancé and dog in the back with me, the deep sleep has the great advantage of maximizing the sleep space by contouring to all the cutouts and shapes of the bronco. Only downside is that I have to move all my gear into my screen tent outside. This is fine but the cooler and bears has me a little concerned.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is this designed specifically for the Bronco or you are using ones for a Jeep?

I don't see it on their site, nor do I see the leveling portion.

OP
OP

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Gramsquanch

Black Diamond
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I found the deep sleep mattresses for the bronco to be very high quality and great to sleep on. Can fit 2 people and a small dog very comfortably.

Ford Bronco Deep Sleep (Mattresses) Jeep...errr...Bronco IMG_2182
Thanks for posting this, I have been looking into the Deep Sleep mattresses for our 4 door Bronco and it's great to see the demo of the set up. I was curious about the leveling mattress, it looks like it works well. I think I'll be ordering this now that I have seen your review.

Quick question... In the picture, what bug screen did you use? And is it hanging over the tailgate window with the window open?

OP
OP

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for posting this, I have been looking into the Deep Sleep mattresses for our 4 door Bronco and it's great to see the demo of the set up. I was curious about the leveling mattress, it looks like it works well. I think I'll be ordering this now that I have seen your review.

Quick question... In the picture, what bug screen did you use? And is it hanging over the tailgate window with the window open?
No probs. I saw there weren't any good videos of the deep sleep on youtube so I decided to make my own for others. I usually like to see videos of a product before I buy.

The netting is just regular mosquito netting from REI that I wedged in the top above the window with a cut up pool noodle. That worked well. The sides I taped. That worked less well. The bottom I just draped and shut in the tailgate so no bugs could get in that way.

I really want more elegant solutions for window screens. I already made the devices shown here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-for-in-vehicle-camping.32555/#post-1088315 but no formal 3rd party products have come out for the tailgate window.

Sponsored

Gramsquanch

Black Diamond
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Perfect, thanks! I'll give that a try once I've got the Deep Sleep mattress.

deepsleep Overland

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Team deepsleep
Threads
Reaction score
Website
deepsleepoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, 21' Toyota 4runner, 23' 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found the deep sleep mattresses for the bronco to be very high quality and great to sleep on. Can fit 2 people and a small dog very comfortably.

Ford Bronco Deep Sleep (Mattresses) Jeep...errr...Bronco IMG_2182
Thankyou for doing that video! We've been able to get our hands on one for design and fitment, but we are unfortunately still waiting on our Bronco. Great setup vid. đź‘Ť

OP
OP

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thankyou for doing that video! We've been able to get our hands on one for design and fitment, but we are unfortunately still waiting on our Bronco. Great setup vid. đź‘Ť
Thanks. There were plenty of pictures of deep sleep bronco floating around on the internet but no videos showing setup and teardown so I decided to make my own so people can buy with more confidence.

If deep sleep ever figures out how to make a rear tailgate bug screen for the bronco, I'd wager it would sell well even for non-deep sleep individuals. Especially if it's first to market. I know deep sleep sells window screens but those don't work on the bronco's frame-less doors.

I'll keep my eye out for any more deep sleep bronco products in the future.

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. There were plenty of pictures of deep sleep bronco floating around on the internet but no videos showing setup and teardown so I decided to make my own so people can buy with more confidence.

If deep sleep ever figures out how to make a rear tailgate bug screen for the bronco, I'd wager it would sell well even for non-deep sleep individuals. Especially if it's first to market. I know deep sleep sells window screens but those don't work on the bronco's frame-less doors.

I'll keep my eye out for any more deep sleep bronco products in the future.
I just got my deepsleep this week and tried it out with the home made mosquito netting I posted a few weeks ago:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diy-soft-top-mosquito-netting.48482/

both worked great and I’m glad I found this post before I started building a sleep platform.

OP
OP

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got my deepsleep this week and tried it out with the home made mosquito netting I posted a few weeks ago:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diy-soft-top-mosquito-netting.48482/

both worked great and I’m glad I found this post before I started building a sleep platform.
Pretty good setup you have there. I have the hard top so implementation wouldn't be identical. But you bring up a good point. If I have the rear glass up, I could put the netting on the outside instead of inside. That way I could use some magnets on the rear quarter pannels. If I am recalling correctly, those are the only steel panels. The tailgate, doors, and hood are all aluminum. Maybe I'll take a look to see if that screen door would work for the hard top.
Sponsored