First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
oooo - ok thanks, I was not focused on the security top... TX!!
I guess that security top is not "flipping up"

*I guess you dont need a slide if the beer is not under a metal security shield
**I assume this is all for top-off parking lot safety.... Like a trunk
The lid flips up on the 4dr version. Not sure on the 2 dr version.
Sponsored

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a dumb question - the rear facing part is just secured by the tailgate, correct? So if the top is off (or with soft top on, really either up or down) it isn't "secured" because you could just unlock the door. Am I understanding that correctly?

Thanks

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The lid flips up on the 4dr version. Not sure on the 2 dr version.
SO... WHY WOULD SOMEONE NEED THE PULL-OUT TRAY?
MAYBE IT DOESNT HAVE GAS STRUTS TO STAY OPEN
THAT WOULD BE A GOOD ADD IF IT DOESNT HAVE ALREADY

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The slide and cargo floor fits with the JCR table. I don't have the enclosure but I think it would clear above it.
From the pic here it's a decent guess, but the four-door pic on their own site has a trailgate table it clears. I'm glad they thought about those.

Ford Bronco Diabolical locker security enclosure with slide for 2 door Bronco - installed pics Screenshot_20230510_164458_Chrome

Credit: @Diabolical Inc

And: will the drawer be available without the security enclosure?
The four-door version is separate from the secure locker part, so I bet the two-door will be two separate items.

Sponsored

heliix

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Door OBX Lux Eruption
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a dumb question - the rear facing part is just secured by the tailgate, correct? So if the top is off (or with soft top on, really either up or down) it isn't "secured" because you could just unlock the door. Am I understanding that correctly?

Thanks
On the OBX (not sure of other models). When the locking via door button or remote will arm the security system. After 30 seconds of locking with the windows down the door interior lock button can not unlock the doors or gate. If the interior door handle is opened the security system starts a count down to alarming horn and the back gate is still locked.
Once an alarm is active the ford app will notify you.
if you test, make sure your remote is not near the vehicle otherwise the alarm system will disable and the doors and gate will unlock.

UncleTerry

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the OBX (not sure of other models). When the locking via door button or remote will arm the security system. After 30 seconds of locking with the windows down the door interior lock button can not unlock the doors or gate. If the interior door handle is opened the security system starts a count down to alarming horn and the back gate is still locked.
if you test, make sure your remote is not near the vehicle otherwise the alarm system will disable and the doors and gate will unlock.
Does that only work with the windows down? I’ve been curious if someone smashed a window could they reach in and unlock all the doors if the key isn’t present?

heliix

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Door OBX Lux Eruption
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does that only work with the windows down? I’ve been curious if someone smashed a window could they reach in and unlock all the doors if the key isn’t present?
I only tested with windows down. easy enough to test. Have your significant other lock you in the car and walk away. make sure you dont have the key in your pocket.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only tested with windows down. easy enough to test. Have your significant other lock you in the car and walk away. make sure you dont have the key in your pocket.
And they eventually come back, right? .......right??

heliix

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Door OBX Lux Eruption
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And they eventually come back, right? .......right??
Wellllllll,
funny story. about 12 years ago my wife and I were training for long course triathlons. at the time we had a 1 car garage that converted into a gym (since we don't park in the garage, I had latched the door closed)

one day I took off for a 530 am swim while she ran on the treadmill. I poked my head into the garage wished her a good day and accidentally locked the side door (neither of us knew this at the time).
When I was done swimming its now 7:00 am, and I had a bunch of missed calls and texts, even an email.
that weekend we got keypad locks for EVERY door and showed her how to unlatch the door and even how to escape a trunk of a car.
to this day she will bring it up, usually at a party.

so in my case, my wife would not come back for me at least a day.

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Appriciate that information - did not know all that. Will try it out.

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wellllllll,
funny story. about 12 years ago my wife and I were training for long course triathlons. at the time we had a 1 car garage that converted into a gym (since we don't park in the garage, I had latched the door closed)

one day I took off for a 530 am swim while she ran on the treadmill. I poked my head into the garage wished her a good day and accidentally locked the side door (neither of us knew this at the time).
When I was done swimming its now 7:00 am, and I had a bunch of missed calls and texts, even an email.
that weekend we got keypad locks for EVERY door and showed her how to unlatch the door and even how to escape a trunk of a car.
to this day she will bring it up, usually at a party.

so in my case, my wife would not come back for me at least a day.
Similar story - I grew up on a farm (1970's). My mother hated going into the chicken coop, but had to do it often to get the eggs. One day she was in there, and my dad, not realizing that she was in there, locked the door and went into the house. It was 20 minutes or so before he realized he didn't know where she was. Mom's grandkids always enjoyed hearing her tell that story.
Sponsored