Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it totally empty and it still does it. There is play in the drawer forward and backward. It seems to be caused by bumping the latch.
Hmm, that's strange. I've taken my full enclosure in and our of my Bronco a few times, and haven't had an issue. Just a few suggestions:

• Does the front of your slide out drawer have these rubber bumpers in the corner? See picture below.
  • Are the divider trays properly installed inside the drawer? They can move around easily and are bolted down in some areas. Make sure they're all properly installed and tight.
  • Is the drawer itself properly installed on the slider rails on both sides? Sometimes these can be a pain in the butt to line up properly. Make sure they're both in all the way and the drawer glides smoothly in and out.
  • If you're still having issues, reach out to Tuffy directly - They make the drawers, and their customer service is pretty good. I had a small issue in the past and they were able to resolve it. They may have some additional troubleshooting ideas.
Hope that helps!

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_2551
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_2579

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_2579

Looks like I'm missing a rubber bumper.
I had to warranty my sliders too (for a different reason). For that, I went through the local Ford Parts department who helped me get that resolved - They were awesome!

Not sure if they'll send you just a bumper, or all new sliders.

jarod7736

Badlands
First Name
Jarod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Called Ford... They said i'd have to send it in, they'd have to look at it and assess if it warranted replacing, and then they'd send a replacement if so. That's unacceptable.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Called Ford... They said i'd have to send it in, they'd have to look at it and assess if it warranted replacing, and then they'd send a replacement if so. That's unacceptable.
What a silly response - In my case, I sent some pictures via email to the Parts department, they contacted Tuffy, and Tuffy mailed me the new sliders directly to my house and said to dispose of the old sliders. Was super simple.

Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I installed mine I covered every inside surface of the box, and the bottom, sides, and back of the drawer with Siless sound deadening. No rattles at all from it, but missing bump stops and bad slides definitely could cause some unpleasant sounds.

jarod7736

Badlands
First Name
Jarod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sent a video to Tuffy support, they responded and suggested to take a pair of channel locks and push the "master pin" back in to the cabinet. That seemed to work. There was too much play between that and the locking mechanism.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent a video to Tuffy support, they responded and suggested to take a pair of channel locks and push the "master pin" back in to the cabinet. That seemed to work. There was too much play between that and the locking mechanism.
Glad it was an easy fix and they had some troubleshooting solutions.

Enjoy your drawer! They are a really awesome product - Probably one of my favourite accessories.

jarod7736

Badlands
First Name
Jarod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Tuffy support has been super helpful. Mine arrived with a battered box and no keys or mounting hardware, and they got that shipped out quickly, and they had a good suggestion for the rattle.

ecalvo

Wildtrak
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi, I bought this box for my Bronco but when installing I broke 1 of the double side screws, any idea of the measurement and where can I but it?

Saludos
Eduardo

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 3.29.47 PM.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, I bought this box for my Bronco but when installing I broke 1 of the double side screws, any idea of the measurement and where can I but it?

Saludos
Eduardo

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 3.29.47 PM.png
Try the Ford Parts department. I’m sure they can order it in - I was able to buy one single bolt from them for my wheels beauty rings when I stripped one.

Or try emailing Tuffy - they actually make the drawer, and their customer service is great.

ecalvo

Wildtrak
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Try the Ford Parts department. I’m sure they can order it in - I was able to buy one single bolt from them for my wheels beauty rings when I stripped one.

Or try emailing Tuffy - they actually make the drawer, and their customer service is great.
Thank you for the info, I will try right away.

Saludos

Dusmw

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy a metric stud and two nuts. Adjust as needed and install. <$1 at hardware store. Problem solved.

Doccruz1

Wildtrak
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed mine today did a few things , drilled half inch hole in plastic covers on floor and reinstalled, cleaner look. Cut up Raptor rear mat and installed on top.
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_3384
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_3385
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_3386

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine today did a few things , drilled half inch hole in plastic covers on floor and reinstalled, cleaner look. Cut up Raptor rear mat and installed on top.
I like what you did with the rubber mat on top - Well done.

I ended up doing the same with the plastic covers over the mounting anchors. I didn't think it'd make that much of a difference initially when I installed the drawer, but I'm glad I went back and did it after. It's such a simple, aesthetics thing to do.
Sponsored