SuicidalSmurf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Velocity Blue Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just want to check back in and say Alan really stands behind his products and answered several back and forth emails. He walked me through loosening the appropriate bolts to shift the whole unit just enough to get the tailgate to close. This also made that front drop down panel easier to secure though it's still tight.
Sponsored

barracuda

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Four door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If somone had the jbl soundbar installed would there still be a clearance issue with the lid?

SuicidalSmurf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If somone had the jbl soundbar installed would there still be a clearance issue with the lid?
I think it would be worse, doesn't the sound bar hang down lower? Everyone seems to complain about it blocking the rear view.

barracuda

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Four door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it would be worse, doesn't the sound bar hang down lower? Everyone seems to complain about it blocking the rear view.
[I donā€™t have one but] I believe lower but also further forward so it may clear the little corner pieces of the speakers

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Eagerly awaiting my order to be shipped out. Iā€™m cautiously optimistic about this product, the functionality and customer service seems solid but this seems very inconvenient for soft top users. Particularly ones that have the IAG E-Z Lift Assist installed.

Sponsored

mohner72

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruuser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After installing 24ā€ bungee cords on the pin/retainers, not a single sound from the Slipstream heard while driving even over speed bumps, rough roads etc. Plus I use them to secure items that I donā€™t want rolling around inside and or on top.
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation DC495E8C-3D61-426D-B2C9-BB9C9916BE49

Last edited:

SuicidalSmurf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Eagerly awaiting my order to be shipped out. Iā€™m cautiously optimistic about this product, the functionality and customer service seems solid but this seems very inconvenient for soft top users. Particularly ones that have the IAG E-Z Lift Assist installed.
It's definitely a compromise in my opinion as a soft top owner. On the other hand, the peace of mind I get from having my contents secure is well worth the trade off.

It just occurred to me, I wonder if a second set of hinges could be added to the tailskin to allow it to flip down and clear the soft top mechanism? When it sits flat against the top rails, it shouldn't be any less secure if the hinges only open in a downward direction. I may have to experiment.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed mine today on my soft top Bronco and I absolutely cannot for the life of me get the soft top to latch successfully shut with the brackets installed. Iā€™ve used a dremel tool to file down the factory soft top latches on the edges of the tailgate frame and still no luck. VERY unhappy so far with this as a soft top owner šŸ˜’

EDIT: I filed down the factory latches some more and also discovered that the actual latch mechanism assemblies on the rear of the soft top can be moved side to side in a C-channel. Additionally, the latches on the edges of the tailgate can actually be repositioned up or down while youā€™re screwing them back in. Turns out, gravity can actually pull them down and out of reach of the soft topā€™s latches if you donā€™t hold them up with your other hand while screwing them in. These two discoveries finally got me to a good spot with this product.

Last edited:

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He walked me through loosening the appropriate bolts to shift the whole unit just enough to get the tailgate to close. This also made that front drop down panel easier to secure though it's still tight.
Any chance you can share for those of us with the exact same issue?

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I absolutely cannot for the life of me get the soft top to latch successfully shut with the brackets installed.
I just installed mine today and saw a few differences compared to the video which had me worried. But, it turned out ok. Can you post some pics of what the latch looks like with the tailskin parts installed?

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine's sitting in the garage awaiting a Bronco to install it in :sneaky:

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just installed mine today and saw a few differences compared to the video which had me worried. But, it turned out ok. Can you post some pics of what the latch looks like with the tailskin parts installed?
I finally got most of the issues worked out by sliding the soft top latching mechanisms inward slightly in their C-channels and by lifting the tailgate latches themselves while screwing them in. Itā€™s still a pain to unlatch it due to the small openings but that was kind of expected given the design. Iā€™d rather it be harder to open than close, if I had to choose one.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After installing 36ā€ bungee cords on the pin/retainers, not a single sound from the Slipstream heard while driving even over speed bumps, rough roads etc. Plus I use them to secure items that I donā€™t want rolling around inside and or on top.
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation DC495E8C-3D61-426D-B2C9-BB9C9916BE49
Are you sure you didnā€™t use 24ā€ bungee cords? I just installed 36ā€ ones and there is some slack left in there. Doesnā€™t seem tight enough

mohner72

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruuser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure you didnā€™t use 24ā€ bungee cords? I just installed 36ā€ ones and there is some slack left in there. Doesnā€™t seem tight enough
Youā€™re absolutely right, my mistake. I purchased both and these were the first ones that I tried and the way they were laying on my work bench I assumed that I grabbed the 36ā€ ones, but I just looked at the unused ones in the bag and sure enough they are 36ā€ which means the 24ā€ ones are on the Bronco. My apologies!

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update after months of use on quality and rattle?
Sponsored