First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I picked up my Bronco about 7 weeks ago now. Got it from Healey Ford in Goshen, NY. At the time, they said that it only came with one key fob, probably due to either chip shortage or manufacturing issues. It's the special "Bronco" key fob, instead of the generic "Ford," but essentially just says Bronco on it.

I was initially told I could "just come back next week" but they haven't been able to get me a second one. Has this happened to anyone else? Just wondering how long I might have to wait, or just get a generic Ford fob.
May not be strange. I got two fobs when I picked up my Bronco in June.

However, at the end of May, my wife only got 1 fob with her Audi Q3. Dealer said they had a severe shortage of the chips and were only getting one per vehicle. Said they anticipated supply to ease up within a few months and she'd be able to get the second.

Come to think of it, I don't think she's called over yet to see if they have them so she can go over and pick up the second and have it programmed.
Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine came with two. However, a few days after I picked it up, I asked my wife what happened to the little bag that was on the counter. She said "I thought it was food from one of the kids and threw it out." Garbage had been picked up earlier that day.
So, I have one.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The other one should be in a yellow envelope with a physical manual
They don't come that way. That is something your dealership did. They come by themselves in individual bags.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I took delivery of mine, one was handed to me directly which I expected as they need a loose one to remove it from the carrier, and the other was shrinkwapped with all the papers that come with it (Manual, warranty forms, etc.). Did you get those papers/warranty forms?
That is something your dealership did. They don't come the factory that way. The keys are in their own little bags by themselves.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford's come with two fobs.

Dealer lost one. They owe you a 2nd fob. Honestly I wouldn't care if it said Ford instead of Bronco. Or make them give you one that says Mustang on it.

When we bought my wife's F-150, the dealership had misplaced the 2nd keyfob. No big deal. Sign a form that says they owe me one. They ask nicely if I can wait a week. No problem. They still can't find it. Can I wait another week? Sure. Still can't find it.

I've been patient. Say, it's been two weeks, I'm coming in on Wednesday and you are making my my 2nd key. Get my 2nd key made.

3-days later my salesman texts me. Hey, we finally found the 2nd key. It was in the sales manager's desk. You can have it for free if you want it.

So, I ended up with three of them for the F-150.

The OP has been far more patient than anyone has a right to expect. Go get your key.

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don't come that way. That is something your dealership did. They come by themselves in individual bags.
Maybe so, but i did get 2. The envelope also had my vin number in a sticker and i picked up my car within minutes of it arriving

Joer

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bunch of BMWs, M5, 135i, x5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine came with one key fob and one key blade in a small envelope. The dealer gave me a signed “we owe” document for one fob on delivery and got me the second one a week later

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealerships have a “We Owe” document. I think everyone missing and damaged things upon delivery need this document. Think there is also a spot on the contract that states a “we owe” exists. At a minimum, get a paper listing your issues, signed by the dealership.

NOTE: Read the “we owe.” Hearing some have a 30-day expiration statement.

OP
OP
MrParticular

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for all the witty replies. Based on replies, it seems like only myself and @Joer only got one, so certainly doesn't sound like a Bronco Key Fob shortage like my dealer said.

Anyway, I called them yesterday and said hell with it, I'll just take a non-Bronco Ford fob. Not that I have ever lost a fob, but I really didn't like having only one.

And of course it took two hours, which I can't imagine why o_O

Dave
Sponsored