Badlands
Clubs

I have a full line of Diode Dynamics lights on my bronco:

* SS3 Ditch lights
* Series 6 fog lights
* 30' light bar

Easy install and they all work great!!
tempImageVHJYZN.jpg
What did you do for the backlight on your a pillar lights? I can't find anyone that connected it to DRLs, and I don't want to put it on a second switch. Looking for direction on how to accomplish.
Sponsored

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did you do for the backlight on your a pillar lights? I can't find anyone that connected it to DRLs, and I don't want to put it on a second switch. Looking for direction on how to accomplish.
I don't have the backlit pillar lights, just the basic SS3 pods

juniorobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you ever figure this out ? same issue here

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you ever figure this out ? same issue here
Fuse tap. Simple. Plugs in-line with an existing fuse circuit, gives you a little power leg for the DRL. Problem with that is, you can't turn it off. It's always on or off.

juniorobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fuse tap. Simple. Plugs in-line with an existing fuse circuit, gives you a little power leg for the DRL. Problem with that is, you can't turn it off. It's always on or off.
I think I may try running it to parking lights. I have my fogs already t tap into them now. just gotta see how i’m getting the wire from pillar to headlight harness

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I may try running it to parking lights. I have my fogs already t tap into them now. just gotta see how i’m getting the wire from pillar to headlight harness
Use this product from SPV to tap into your headlights for parking/running lamp signal:

SPV Parts Harness System Bronco Parking/Headlight Connector Adapter (P (specialtyperformanceparts.com)

I'm currently using this for my Rigid Radiance fog lights to trigger my amber backlight instead of using another aux switch or a fuse tap. So my backlights come on with my headlights or parking lights. In the next week I'll be adding A-Pillar / Ditch Lights with an amber backlight and am going to tie those into this same wiring harness.

juniorobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Lighting 3D107D06-4282-4513-8B39-F3112FB8EB55

got impatient. wired it to an aux , maybe will change it when it’s not winter lol

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use this product from SPV to tap into your headlights for parking/running lamp signal:

SPV Parts Harness System Bronco Parking/Headlight Connector Adapter (P (specialtyperformanceparts.com)

I'm currently using this for my Rigid Radiance fog lights to trigger my amber backlight instead of using another aux switch or a fuse tap. So my backlights come on with my headlights or parking lights. In the next week I'll be adding A-Pillar / Ditch Lights with an amber backlight and am going to tie those into this same wiring harness.
I'm electrically ignorant, but this seems like it would make sense over taps as other backlights get added. Any chance you can document your install? Trouble visualizing what connects where.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Lighting 9853E28F-D588-4872-A9FC-D6F395D35BFA

Got 4 ss3’s and 2 ss2’s for fogs, love them

if I had the money, do the bumper pods as well, also figure out how to wire them. Definitely no such thing as too much lights

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm electrically ignorant, but this seems like it would make sense over taps as other backlights get added. Any chance you can document your install? Trouble visualizing what connects where.
Here is the install video from SPV on how to do it. It's plug & play into the passenger side headlight, but requires loosening your airbox and removing some trim for wire concealement.

2021+ Ford Bronco - Installing the SPVparts Marker Adapter for Rigid Industries Radiance Backlights - YouTube

Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the install video from SPV on how to do it. It's plug & play into the passenger side headlight, but requires loosening your airbox and removing some trim for wire concealement.

2021+ Ford Bronco - Installing the SPVparts Marker Adapter for Rigid Industries Radiance Backlights - YouTube
Thanks. Gonna have to do some routing with backlight wires over by the fuse box.

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Just ordered some DD fog lights. Really looking forward to getting them installed. 4x4truckLED folks are great too.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just ordered some DD fog lights. Really looking forward to getting them installed. 4x4truckLED folks are great too.
Thank you, we appreciate the business. You'll love your kit. Everything you need is included.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

so thats what I need? I want my pods to work when its just runnin, disappointed I gotta use aux switches and this is just exposed like this
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Lighting 6E681FBF-FD62-47D7-BF36-8C3B6773C063

Still, major upgrade compared to the old stuff
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Lighting DEA5A76A-2AE9-47EB-9019-7838C2BC9B59
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Lighting 5C4C72B3-2614-4784-B28C-A92625566259

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so thats what I need? I want my pods to work when its just runnin, disappointed I gotta use aux switches and this is just exposed like this

Still, major upgrade compared to the old stuff
Yes, use that. The amber backlighting will only work when your headlights or running/parking lights are on. It won’t work if the Bronco is just running or DRL is active. Has to be headlights or running/parking lights.

Not sure what that mess of exposed wires is in your pics.
Sponsored