Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone find the exit?
When Detroit Free Press announced Ford would begin clearing Dirt Mountain last week, I wonder if THIS is what they had in mind?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah less than 50, great start!
But it made for great press, which I now tend to believe was the whole point.
The masses believe the ship has been righted.

As I said awhile ago, Ford doesn't really care if they piss off a few thousand customers, these things will sell regardless.
It serves ZERO purpose to walk away at this point, they know it.

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But it made for great press, which I now tend to believe was the whole point.
The masses believe the ship has been righted.

As I said awhile ago, Ford doesn't really care if they piss off a few thousand customers, these things will sell regardless.
It serves ZERO purpose to walk away at this point, they know it.
especially when @PREMiERdrum says they were cranking them out, working OT, etc.

ps this is not a shot at Mr Premier, as he's just the messenger

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Built Emails anyone?
Nope. My contact confirmed mine is back at the MOD Center, though, so we're heading in the right direction. 7/16 Blend date, was built on 7/19, released from QC 7/26, moved to Dirt Mountain 8/26.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something just occured to me. Perhaps more are moving than we thought it's just that members are reporting back.

@skyman , @Lisi08 , @Imhazard , @treadlightly , @Greenbrick , @GAbronco , @Toogrady . Have you guys checked your Tracker lately?

Until we hear back from these fine folk, I'm calling this a Schrödinger's cat situation and blinding believe they are all built to protect my mental sanity.

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something just occured to me. Perhaps more are moving than we thought it's just that members are reporting back.

@skyman , @Lisi08 , @Imhazard , @treadlightly , @Greenbrick , @GAbronco , @Toogrady . Have you guys checked your Tracker lately?

Until we hear back from these fine folk, I'm calling this a Schrödinger's cat situation and blinding believe they are all built to protect my mental sanity.
I know they're cranking them out. They set up a roof change assembly line at the MOD Center and are moving through the 2 lots of Broncos brought over from DM. Pretty quickly, from the way it sounds.

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know they're cranking them out. They set up a roof change assembly line at the MOD Center and are moving through the 2 lots of Broncos brought over from DM. Pretty quickly, from the way it sounds.
+1 for the theory that it's just the tracker that isn't updating

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have a rough estimate how much they're moving per day? I'm wondering if it's less that they're taking longer to put the tops on and more that there's a bottleneck in shipping.

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have a rough estimate how much they're moving per day? I'm wondering if it's less that they're taking longer to put the tops on and more that there's a bottleneck in shipping.
I asked, but haven't gotten an estimate yet. I'll follow up. It sounded like they had two processes going - roofs for the main line and roofs being replaced in the MOD Center - to get Broncos out to customers. As of yesterday, they were cranking through them so they aren't out of roofs.

My guess is the bottleneck is with QCing them closely or transport out of MAP to dealers, honestly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my case, here in Canada, the vehicle is not in the online trackers. Mine is a June 18 Blend that was originally scheduled for August 24th delivery. Ford then told the dealership it was subject to "additional QC checks" but it has clearly been in DM. While there, Ford advised the dealership it would be delivered September 20 and, as of Monday, this has not changed. I asked for an update today.

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wish mine had updated, but it hasn't yet! I keep checking...

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I asked, but haven't gotten an estimate yet. I'll follow up. It sounded like they had two processes going - roofs for the main line and roofs being replaced in the MOD Center - to get Broncos out to customers. As of yesterday, they were cranking through them so they aren't out of roofs.

My guess is the bottleneck is with QCing them closely or transport out of MAP to dealers, honestly.
Thanks! Honestly this kind of update from Ford would soothe a lot of nerves on this site (mine included). Our numbers here are probably biased because of the relatively small percentage of cars represented here, but it sure seems like nothing's really happening given the announcement last week and the lack of communication/status update.

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! Honestly this kind of update from Ford would soothe a lot of nerves on this site (mine included). Our numbers here are probably biased because of the relatively small percentage of cars represented here, but it sure seems like nothing's really happening given the announcement last week and the lack of communication/status update.
Completely agree! I'm thankful for this forum and my contact; I'd probably be pretty bitter if all I had was my lack of Ford and dealer commo.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Completely agree! I'm thankful for this forum and my contact; I'd probably be pretty bitter if all I had was my lack of Ford and dealer commo.
That contact is huge, wish I had one :( Just having this forum is discouraging at times: the lack of update on this forum makes it feel like there's no movement at all!
Sponsored