Sponsored

Disabling auto/start stop w/Forscan disabled my Perimeter plus vehicle security system.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a note, I disabled the auto start stop per the excel spreadsheet floating around here, and it also disabled my added on perimeter plus vehicle security system.

The shock sensor doesn't work and the led doesn't flash.

Put the auto/start stop back to the way it was and the perimeter plus system works again.

Guess that change does more than just auto/start stop. I do believe I saw it somewhere labelled as 'advanced power management' or something like that instead of just auto/start stop.

Just something to be aware of.
Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disabled start/stop using forscan quite a while ago but Iā€™m sure I used that spreadsheet. Regardless, my perimeter plus alarm still works on my ā€˜21 Badlands/Lux

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a note, I disabled the auto start stop per the excel spreadsheet floating around here, and it also disabled my added on perimeter plus vehicle security system.

The shock sensor doesn't work and the led doesn't flash.

Put the auto/start stop back to the way it was and the perimeter plus system works again.

Guess that change does more than just auto/start stop. I do believe I saw it somewhere labelled as 'advanced power management' or something like that instead of just auto/start stop.

Just something to be aware of.
I know you know this Dave, but the Auto Stop Eliminator is really easy to install. I realize it costs $100, but if you really rather not have to bother pushing the button to turn it off (assuming you undid the Forscan change as you mentioned), it is a great option. I put it in the day after I brought my truck home and never thought about it again. Another nice thing is that unlike the Forscan disable option where the icon shows its turned off in the upper left corner of your dash, the Eliminator does not trigger that icon on your screen. For what it's worth.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disabled start/stop using forscan quite a while ago but Iā€™m sure I used that spreadsheet. Regardless, my perimeter plus alarm still works on my ā€˜21 Badlands/Lux
Hmm. Shock sensor still works? Do you have the status LED?

I even tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and reconnecting it before undoing the forscan change and it didn't help. But as soon as I undid the change and restarted the vehicle (and shut it off) it worked again.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. Shock sensor still works? Do you have the status LED?

I even tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and reconnecting it before undoing the forscan change and it didn't help. But as soon as I undid the change and restarted the vehicle (and shut it off) it worked again.
Yeah, a really loud motorcycle set it off the other day. I didnā€™t install the led as I didnā€™t see a need for it.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you know this Dave, but the Auto Stop Eliminator is really easy to install. I realize it costs $100, but if you really rather not have to bother pushing the button to turn it off (assuming you undid the Forscan change as you mentioned), it is a great option. I put it in the day after I brought my truck home and never thought about it again. Another nice thing is that unlike the Forscan disable option where the icon shows its turned off in the upper left corner of your dash, the Eliminator does not trigger that icon on your screen. For what it's worth.
When I had it disabled via forscan I didnā€™t have the icon on the dash.
Iā€™ve considered that device. But to me the auto start stop isnā€™t that annoying, so Iā€™ll just leave it stock.
Sponsored