Sponsored

Do dealers compensate for turning over Bronco after it is delivered?

WitsBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Wildtrack 4 door soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am posting this with some trepidation as I know it might frustrate some folks who have been patiently waiting for their Bronco for a LONG time. Nonetheless, I am curious whether anyone has any experience or information about the situation in which I find myself. I ordered a 4 door badlands with soft top a long while ago, and received word from my dealer that it has been built and is in transit to the dealership. During the wait, I made arrangements for another vehicle and am loving it, so I am on the fence whether I want to take delivery of the Bronco at this point.

I know if I choose not to take delivery at MSRP (which the dealer is honoring), the dealership will be offering it for sale with a $15k markup, so I am curious whether anyone has heard of someone in my situation who has been compensated any amount by the dealership to refrain from taking delivery from the dealer.

I ordered the vehicle with full intentions on buying the Bronco and enjoying the heck out of it, and my order was in no way intended to flip the vehicle and make a greedy buck due to supply shortages; however, my situation has changed and I am just exploring options. If anyone has any insight, I would look forward to hearing it. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. No.

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No dealership is going to pay you for your Bronco. If you don't take delivery they they will sell it with like you said, "$15K markup".

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen a few posts from people who have been compensated for not taking delivery on the Broncos that they ordered. In fact, I've heard that this is occasionally occurring for other vehicles as well. You can certainly ask. I may or may not be in the same boat as I ordered a Wrangler and expected to take delivery within a couple of weeks while the Bronco that I reserved in October 2020 may not be coming until 2024.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am posting this with some trepidation as I know it might frustrate some folks who have been patiently waiting for their Bronco for a LONG time. Nonetheless, I am curious whether anyone has any experience or information about the situation in which I find myself. I ordered a 4 door badlands with soft top a long while ago, and received word from my dealer that it has been built and is in transit to the dealership. During the wait, I made arrangements for another vehicle and am loving it, so I am on the fence whether I want to take delivery of the Bronco at this point.

I know if I choose not to take delivery at MSRP (which the dealer is honoring), the dealership will be offering it for sale with a $15k markup, so I am curious whether anyone has heard of someone in my situation who has been compensated any amount by the dealership to refrain from taking delivery from the dealer.

I ordered the vehicle with full intentions on buying the Bronco and enjoying the heck out of it, and my order was in no way intended to flip the vehicle and make a greedy buck due to supply shortages; however, my situation has changed and I am just exploring options. If anyone has any insight, I would look forward to hearing it. Thanks in advance.
My dealer paid one of his res holders money to not take the order.

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Did the Rover sway your decision on the Bronco?

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Tell them you're thinking about not buying it and you'd like compensated NOT to buy it.....

Let us know how that goes for you!!!!

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
there is absolutely zero chance the dealer gives you anything at all.
It happens all the time. Nothing wrong with it as long as both parties agree to handle it appropriately.

OP
OP

WitsBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Wildtrack 4 door soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did the Rover sway your decision on the Bronco?
Yep. I was looking to upgrade from a 4 door Rubicon to the Bronco, but during the wait decided to to try the full size supercharged range rover which I was always curious about... and am REALLY enjoying it. I am just not ready to give it up yet and don't want to add another vehicle to the driveway even though it is so different.

Thanks for the replies, guys.. Experiences and responses seem to be mixed, and I am not expecting anything from the dealership. I won't be upset if they aren't inclined to throw me a bone to NOT take the Bronco, especially since they are doing the right thing and honoring MSRP offer.

I was just curious as I can't help but think that it would be possible to purchase the Bronco and offer it for sale and make out on the positive side.

Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you're friends with the salesperson, and they have a voice inside the dealership - it is a potential. I've thrown something towards a couple customers(they bought a different vehicle from me, versus their Bronco, because it was taking so long.)

If you bought it, you wouldn't flip it same day - might take awhile, but I believe you could break away positive. As long as your build is desirable.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Seriously just bringing up asking for money to not take delivery is all the dealer needs to sell to someone else they owe you nothing. If you really want to flip it, follow through with the purchase and put it up for sale.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy the damn bronco. Then flip it for 12k. Then proceed to buy what you really want. Take your free money. Nice guys finish last and die poor.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My buddy at work was offered several thousand to not take the Bronco. But, as others have said, if you are the one approaching them with this idea my guess is that they will quickly just decide not to honor MSRP for your purchase.