Sponsored

Do dealers compensate for turning over Bronco after it is delivered?

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just take it and then sell it to CarMax for a cool $10k profit
Sponsored

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just take it and then sell it to CarMax for a cool $10k profit
Maybe. Before taxes, on each end of the deal. The days of flipping non-raptor broncos are fading fast.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe even ask the other dealer if that’s where the vehicle your looking at what they could do ya for with a new bronco to offer.

Cliff White

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07GT/CS, Ranger, Bronco Sport, Harley
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered two Broncos. Took delivery of #1 already. The second Bronco I made a deal with the dealership to keep the Bronco, but sell be a Bronco Sport for dealer invoice and give me a premium on a Ford Escape trade in. I am waiting on the special order BSport to be delivered to see if they uphold the arrangement put in writing by email.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And here I can't even order one so I can start waiting for 2049 when it would be delivered.... but can't bring myself to pay $55k for a base model 2 door either. heh.

Sponsored

DaddyMuffin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two convertibles, a station wagon, and a bus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am posting this with some trepidation as I know it might frustrate some folks who have been patiently waiting for their Bronco for a LONG time. Nonetheless, I am curious whether anyone has any experience or information about the situation in which I find myself. I ordered a 4 door badlands with soft top a long while ago, and received word from my dealer that it has been built and is in transit to the dealership. During the wait, I made arrangements for another vehicle and am loving it, so I am on the fence whether I want to take delivery of the Bronco at this point.

I know if I choose not to take delivery at MSRP (which the dealer is honoring), the dealership will be offering it for sale with a $15k markup, so I am curious whether anyone has heard of someone in my situation who has been compensated any amount by the dealership to refrain from taking delivery from the dealer.

I ordered the vehicle with full intentions on buying the Bronco and enjoying the heck out of it, and my order was in no way intended to flip the vehicle and make a greedy buck due to supply shortages; however, my situation has changed and I am just exploring options. If anyone has any insight, I would look forward to hearing it. Thanks in advance.
Take delivery, mark it up 10 grand and sell it in a flash. Guaranteed somebody is gonna make money off it. Might as well be you. 😆

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a flame in any way, but why do you want to be compensated for something you don't own and you don't want? Move on and be at peace.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some of you are missing the point... If you tell the dealer you are not going to buy it, but want them to pay you for it -- they won't. But if you sell the idea that you will buy it and flip it if you have to, but would rather save the time, money and energy by "selling" it to them for less--there is nothing stopping them from making that deal. Maybe they will, and maybe they won't. But if they can sell it for even $10k over, why not pay you $4k to go away? Maybe you make it more appealing by taking Ford Accessories instead of cash or something. It is worth a try and has virtually no risk.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not a flame in any way, but why do you want to be compensated for something you don't own and you don't want? Move on and be at peace.
Maybe for the pain and suffering of this horrible mess Ford has created? Maybe to offset what he might have paid to get one sooner? I can think of lots of reasons. Why walk away from something that might have value?

Sponsored

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of you are missing the point... If you tell the dealer you are not going to buy it, but want them to pay you for it -- they won't. But if you sell the idea that you will buy it and flip it if you have to, but would rather save the time, money and energy by "selling" it to them for less--there is nothing stopping them from making that deal. Maybe they will, and maybe they won't. But if they can sell it for even $10k over, why not pay you $4k to go away? Maybe you make it more appealing by taking Ford Accessories instead of cash or something. It is worth a try and has virtually no risk.
I think the risk is that certain dealers will refuse to sell to you if you indicate you’re planning to flip it

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once this is brought up to the dealer, you need to fully expect a negative response and for them to no longer be willing to sell it to you at MSRP. There is some small chance that they pay you money for a vehicle that they already own. If you are looking for a way to make money on your order, buy the Bronco at MSRP and post it for sale. It would be best not to mention this to your dealer. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the risk is that certain dealers will refuse to sell to you if you indicate you’re planning to flip it
Well, that is the slight risk I was alluding to. It's not much of a risk if you really don't intend to buy it anyway. I think it is all in how you approach the dealership. It could make financial sense for everyone, but they may refuse on "principal." LOL.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My brother had a supercharged Rover in Dubai. It stayed in the repair shop a good bit until he got rid of it before coming back to the US. I believe he had electrical and transmission issues.

I personally would take Bronco but would have never gotten Rover to begin with but if you enjoy it just pass on the Bronco as I don't think the dealer will give you anything.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe. Before taxes, on each end of the deal. The days of flipping non-raptor broncos are fading fast.
Thank God, but they are not fading as fast as I wish as a non-scheduled res holder
Sponsored