Sponsored

Do dealers compensate for turning over Bronco after it is delivered?

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am posting this with some trepidation as I know it might frustrate some folks who have been patiently waiting for their Bronco for a LONG time. Nonetheless, I am curious whether anyone has any experience or information about the situation in which I find myself. I ordered a 4 door badlands with soft top a long while ago, and received word from my dealer that it has been built and is in transit to the dealership. During the wait, I made arrangements for another vehicle and am loving it, so I am on the fence whether I want to take delivery of the Bronco at this point.

I know if I choose not to take delivery at MSRP (which the dealer is honoring), the dealership will be offering it for sale with a $15k markup, so I am curious whether anyone has heard of someone in my situation who has been compensated any amount by the dealership to refrain from taking delivery from the dealer.

I ordered the vehicle with full intentions on buying the Bronco and enjoying the heck out of it, and my order was in no way intended to flip the vehicle and make a greedy buck due to supply shortages; however, my situation has changed and I am just exploring options. If anyone has any insight, I would look forward to hearing it. Thanks in advance.
Not sure why they'd compensate you not to take delivery. They can just slap a huge ADM on it and when you back out sell it to someone else!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep. I was looking to upgrade from a 4 door Rubicon to the Bronco, but during the wait decided to to try the full size supercharged range rover which I was always curious about... and am REALLY enjoying it. I am just not ready to give it up yet and don't want to add another vehicle to the driveway even though it is so different.

Thanks for the replies, guys.. Experiences and responses seem to be mixed, and I am not expecting anything from the dealership. I won't be upset if they aren't inclined to throw me a bone to NOT take the Bronco, especially since they are doing the right thing and honoring MSRP offer.

I was just curious as I can't help but think that it would be possible to purchase the Bronco and offer it for sale and make out on the positive side.

As an owner of a full sized Range Rover, you are right, they are so different, including the price tag. Our is a 2018 and the MSRP has gone up 40% in 4 years. You can easily spend $200K plus on an Autobiography

Ford Bronco Do dealers compensate for turning over Bronco after it is delivered? 52DF05E2-37A8-46CC-A225-D5DDD62A9C87

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure why they'd compensate you not to take delivery. They can just slap a huge ADM on it and when you back out sell it to someone else!
Well, they have to think you are going to buy it if they don't. Otherwise they have no incentive, or course.

Sponsored

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know if I choose not to take delivery at MSRP (which the dealer is honoring), the dealership will be offering it for sale with a $15k markup, so I am curious whether anyone has heard of someone in my situation who has been compensated any amount by the dealership to refrain from taking delivery from the dealer.
When my BadSquatch was on the train to my dealership back in December, my dealer said to me, "Just so you know, people are paying $25k or more over sticker for this vehicle. And we have a list of people without reservations wanting Broncos. Just putting it out there in case you want to work something out."

If I were in your shoes I would consider buying with the intent to sell yourself. You will have no problem moving it yourself without a dealership for a few thousand bucks over what you paid, and you can make some lucky person a Bronco owner without them getting gouged by greedy dealer markups. Nothing wrong with making a few bucks for having the foresight to early reserve a Bronco.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When my BadSquatch was on the train to my dealership back in December, my dealer said to me, "Just so you know, people are paying $25k or more over sticker for this vehicle. And we have a list of people without reservations wanting Broncos. Just putting it out there in case you want to work something out."

If I were in your shoes I would consider buying with the intent to sell yourself. You will have no problem moving it yourself without a dealership for a few thousand bucks over what you paid, and you can make some lucky person a Bronco owner without them getting gouged by greedy dealer markups. Nothing wrong with making a few bucks for having the foresight to early reserve a Bronco.
Don't forget there is about $4,500 or so in taxes and fees probably that you have to recoup BEFORE you starting making any money on the flip. And if you finance and pay off right away you could wind up with a "didn't pay as agreed" type note on your credit.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good question for the Facebook crowd. Damn I'm tired of these....

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget there is about $4,500 or so in taxes and fees probably that you have to recoup BEFORE you starting making any money on the flip. And if you finance and pay off right away you could wind up with a "didn't pay as agreed" type note on your credit.
Right. Make a few thousand bucks... including paying taxes... and you're still well south of the 10-20k+ markup of dealerships.

As for the "didn't pay as agreed" note, maybe I'm a bit out of touch because it has been a few years since I worked in finance, but modern auto loans are generally not subject to early payoff penalties, nor, what you're referring to, which I will say I'm not familiar with. In recent years (past 5) I have financed a couple of vehicles through the manufacturer to get rebate incentives only to refinance through a credit union at a better rate, and my credit was never affected beyond the multiple inquiries. I'd be interested to learn more about what you're referring to though.

Sponsored

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This post is just cringeworthy.
You gotta remember, there are a lot of people who haven't obsessed about their Bronco like I did (and maybe you?) and have not spent the past couple of years using this forum as their only social media lolol

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Right. Make a few thousand bucks... including paying taxes... and you're still well south of the 10-20k+ markup of dealerships.

As for the "didn't pay as agreed" note, maybe I'm a bit out of touch because it has been a few years since I worked in finance, but modern auto loans are generally not subject to early payoff penalties, nor, what you're referring to, which I will say I'm not familiar with. In recent years (past 5) I have financed a couple of vehicles through the manufacturer to get rebate incentives only to refinance through a credit union at a better rate, and my credit was never affected beyond the multiple inquiries. I'd be interested to learn more about what you're referring to though.
I don't have personal experience with this, but a "finance guy" at a dealership told me that you can pay off a loan early without financial penalty, but if you do, you can get a mark on your credit for not paying as agreed. He suggested waiting a year or so to refinance. I don't know if all lenders do it, or if it has any large effect.

If makes sense because lenders have certain costs to originate a loan that is paid through interest over time. If you pay off too early, they lose money and you are not a desirable customer. Let's face it, credit ratings are all about how profitable you are as a customer.

Then again, this was a finance guy at a dealer so maybe it's self-serving, I don't know. But that is what I was told. Others here may know better.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have personal experience with this, but a "finance guy" at a dealership told me that you can pay off a loan early without financial penalty, but if you do, you can get a mark on your credit for not paying as agreed. He suggested waiting a year or so to refinance. I don't know if all lenders do it, or if it has any large effect.

If makes sense because lenders have certain costs to originate a loan that is paid through interest over time. If you pay off too early, they lose money and you are not a desirable customer. Let's face it, credit ratings are all about how profitable you are as a customer.

Then again, this was a finance guy at a dealer so maybe it's self-serving, I don't know. But that is what I was told. Others here may know better.
Ah. Yes, that was absolutely a sales tactic. They will say "wait at least 6 months to refinance". They're trying to protect their own interests (the person in finance gets paid based on the loan and interest you agree to), which they only get paid after a deal they inked has passed the breakeven point of the loan, which absolutely includes paying that finance person their own commission on the deal.

In reality, there is no negative effect to your credit. Certainly nothing that matters. First I have heard of the "didn't pay as agreed" strategy though lol!

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am posting this with some trepidation as I know it might frustrate some folks who have been patiently waiting for their Bronco for a LONG time. Nonetheless, I am curious whether anyone has any experience or information about the situation in which I find myself. I ordered a 4 door badlands with soft top a long while ago, and received word from my dealer that it has been built and is in transit to the dealership. During the wait, I made arrangements for another vehicle and am loving it, so I am on the fence whether I want to take delivery of the Bronco at this point.

I ordered the vehicle with full intentions on buying the Bronco and enjoying the heck out of it, and my order was in no way intended to flip the vehicle and make a greedy buck due to supply shortages; however, my situation has changed and I am just exploring options. If anyone has any insight, I would look forward to hearing it. Thanks in advance.
If you can get it at MSRP I'd buy it and then sell it to Carmax. I've been reading they are giving 10k over MSRP.
Sponsored