Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runner trd off road
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I figured people would be interest to hear current market conditions for a base product. I have a 2022, 507 mile, 4 door, carb gray, basesquatch. I don't think carmax takes the accessories into account but I have the mod bumper and aux switches. They offered 57k to buy it, which I thought was incredible but also did not motivate me to think about selling. I don't think you can get a cooler vehicle for cheaper than the base sasquatch at 43k. I know Carmax would probably try to sell for 65k, which sounds crazy as well, but It seems like a lot of Bronco holder are not willing to sell even for a crazy profit so the market may continue to hold strong?

IMG_3582.jpeg
Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, market is crazy. Friend of a friend just sold a 2021 low options four door badlands to car max for $65k.

I think it did have the mid package and automatic. Idk what MSRP was on that one but could not be much over $50k back in 2021.

Was a really low mileage example. I think somewhere just over 1000 miles.

Guy bought it at a dealer markup and still only lost a few thousand even after taxes were paid.

splytsecond

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so crazy looking at their current inventory/prices not sure how they're making much buying it at that price

1 base 4 door - 56k
1 basequatch 4 door - 62k
1 bigbend 4 door 55k
1 black diamond 4 door - 60k
1 outer banks 4 door - 56k
2 4 door badlands - 62k and 64k

1 base 2 door - 50k
1 basequatch 2 door listed as a obx - 54k
1 first edition 2 door 94k.. wow.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they make offers online or do you have to take it to them for an appraisal?

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they make offers online or do you have to take it to them for an appraisal?
Depends on the vehicle but for the Broncos they want you to take them in.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Selling my 2D, 2.3 automatic Big Bend for $85K

On second thought, nope, it’s worth more.
Never mind 😎

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just means we may not see depreciation on these for 5 to 10 years = good car investment
Lol 5-10 years? Not a chance. Cars are not good investments.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of curiosity, I check what carvana would offer for my OBX, Lux, non-sas, hardtop....$43k was their offer.
Squatch would have probably bumped it $10k.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Carmax only makes 2k per average sale. It’s a churn and burn volume model to offer very competitive pricing to scale inventory…and to buy/sell quickly by having no haggle pricing on both ends.

Not surprised by these numbers floating around here given those margins. Although out of all places I’m surprised carmax ‘gets it’. To have a no haggle price from carmax at these premiums seems like a no brainer if you’re looking to sell.

Maybe their algorithms / business model play to our favor since it doesn’t really factor a pricing “cool off”. They seem to be offering practically late 2021 premiums, based off prior sales that are skewed up from initial production flippers. A more sensible dealer would probably dial back these premiums today

But carmax probably sells these so quickly and their offers are only valid for a short time, that it doesn’t matter and the market won’t move against them. Ie they could offer you 55k and be highly confident someone will quickly buy for 57/58 for an easily accessible, no haggle, ready to own bronco…If that is not the case, and their broncos for sale are sitting…then I would chalk this up to a flawed algorithm or at least a model too focused on historical data, making this truly a top dollar offer.

The way I am thinking about it is if you were to look at bronco transactions and take premiums over sticker and graph it out, it would obviously be a curve down, forecasted with continued decline. Where we fall today is in the middle of that curve. Carmax is either inaccurately overly focused on historical data and located further back in the curve…or accurately looking only a short period out on the curve since they buy/sell so quickly…whereas a traditional dealer is thinking about lower resale much further out on the curve and may not be willing to offer as much. But either way, carmax is favorable. May be able to say the same for other like business models

Personally I’m not selling. Nor do I work at carmax lol

Last edited:

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Prices are way out of control and these dealers are seriously gouging. My gf wanted to look at the Bronco Sport and the dealer near me in Watchung, NJ had a 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands on his showroom floor for $47k. I told the sale manager they were out of their minds gouging like that and we left.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, market is crazy. Friend of a friend just sold a 2021 low options four door badlands to car max for $65k.

I think it did have the mid package and automatic. Idk what MSRP was on that one but could not be much over $50k back in 2021.

Was a really low mileage example. I think somewhere just over 1000 miles.

Guy bought it at a dealer markup and still only lost a few thousand even after taxes were paid.
Wait, so sticker was low 50's, your friend buys it off the lot with a small ADM, sold it for 65k and lost money? Not very business savvy I am guessing.

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wait, so sticker was low 50's, your friend buys it off the lot with a small ADM, sold it for 65k and lost money? Not very business savvy I am guessing.
he must have gotten that extra special double warranty, lo jack system and the “desert protection package”for an additional $7k
Sponsored