First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While in general, 100% true. In the current supply chain constrained market, used car prices are out of wack. My 3 5 year old Focus, on trade in, brought me every penny I paid for it.
Yeah, so did my 2 year old challenger lol. I turned a 2 year old car into a 8K more expensive Mojave Gladiator (sticker) for what I owed on my Challenger after paying on it for 2 years. Only paying 38K for a 56K truck. Itā€™s unreal but Iā€™m fully aware itā€™s an anomaly lol.
Sponsored

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is not a debate at all. If you go look at the EPA MPG website, you will see that Ford submitted the certified (Ford internal) data as a truck under the subcatogory of an SUV. Since Ford builds the darn things, I would guess they know into what catagory it falls. It is a truck.
šŸ¤” Sounds like Ford knows exactly what it isā€¦

Ford Bronco Carmax offer for 2.7, 4 door, soft top, basesquatch 7766C841-80B3-45AB-AEA5-DEB5A87E594F

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just means we may not see depreciation on these for 5 to 10 years = good car investment
You need to get a grip on life. In 3 years they will be worth 1/2 MSRP, and if they aren't then as a nation this will be the least of your financial issues.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to get a grip on life. In 3 years they will be worth 1/2 MSRP, and if they aren't then as a nation this will be the least of your financial issues.
Iā€™m not sure about 50%. I bought a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th anniversary model in 2013 and itā€™s worth 50% after all this time. If the Bronco follows the Jeep resale model it will be more like 60-70% after the 3 years.

Still a bad investment but these kind of toys tend to hold their value a little better than the normal market trend.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not sure about 50%. I bought a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th anniversary model in 2013 and itā€™s worth 50% after all this time. If the Bronco follows the Jeep resale model it will be more like 60-70% after the 3 years.

Still a bad investment but these kind of toys tend to hold their value a little better than the normal market trend.
No it won't. There will be many on the market and folks will have moved on. Again if we are back to normal. If we are not back then folks will not have the money. Average vehicles do not hold their value. The average Bronco will be part of this.

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No it won't. There will be many on the market and folks will have moved on. Again if we are back to normal. If we are not back then folks will not have the money. Average vehicles do not hold their value. The average Bronco will be part of this.
So you donā€™t think a Bronco will hold its value as well as a Wrangler?

In 2019 before all this crazy pricing started, a 2017 Wrangler Rubicon that was say $45k when new, was worth a lot more than $22500.00. Hell even some TJ Rubicons were going for close to $20k in 2019. A 2017 Rubicon was probably worth closer to $35k.

Mustang GTā€™s are in the same league on resale. After 3 years they were still holding around 65% of their MSRP. My father lost one in a garage fire and value was almost 70% 2-3 years later.

You might be totally right but one would hope the Bronco made it into this same club because of the success of the design.

Last edited:

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 years ago, you and I would both be crying from laughter at that comment.

Seeing how high mileage 10 year old trucks are selling these days .....
I'd never call them a GOOD investment, but I think a strong argument could be made that you are not just pissing your money away on new vehicles .... currently.

I look at what they want for 2 to 5 yo trucks and I think the buyers must be insane to not just drop literally a couple grand more and get a brand new one.
Have you checked out the prices they are asking for new vehicles? Itā€™s all relative. Most everything I have priced out is over sticker. Sometimes way over.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picked up my Bronco Friday, and have it in the body shop for the next few days for a small scratch it had on delivery. They loaned me an absolute bare bones Ford Escape. Feels so cheap and slow and low tech. The info screen is literally the size of a credit card. Itā€™s hilarious. MSRP is $27,000 and the dealer has a $10,000 ADM plus some stupid stuff like nitrogen in the tires, bringing the price to almost $39,000. Itā€™s such a joke.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you checked out the prices they are asking for new vehicles? Itā€™s all relative. Most everything I have priced out is over sticker. Sometimes way over.

Most of these adm's are easily worked around .... find a different dealer.
Many dealers will go msrp or axz plan for an ordered vehicle.
Last I checked, the wait on a Super Duty was a few months, far less than
I can only speak towards Super Dutys.
Yes, I've seen ADM's.
I've also seen dealers that sell at MSRP and dealers that will let you order a custom build for MSRP or any of the plans.
The ADM thing baffles me , as I have found it very easy to find them without.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Perhaps anecdotal, but I received a CarMax offer yesterday on my '22 WildTrak, 2.7, MIC, only option was a WildTrak graphic, with ~250 miles, and no mods.

They offered $66k.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Richardson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runner trd off road
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Toyota just offered me 60k for it.... I think I'm going to sell...

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota just offered me 60k for it.... I think I'm going to sell...
What Toyota dealership and what Carmax were you dealing with? Driveway just offered me 51k for a 4door base - no options.

OP
OP

Richardson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runner trd off road
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What Toyota dealership and what Carmax were you dealing with? Driveway just offered me 51k for a 4door base - no options.
The Carmax is in Plano Texas and the Toyota is Toyota of Richardson.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of these adm's are easily worked around .... find a different dealer.
Many dealers will go msrp or axz plan for an ordered vehicle.
Last I checked, the wait on a Super Duty was a few months, far less than

I can only speak towards Super Dutys.
Yes, I've seen ADM's.
I've also seen dealers that sell at MSRP and dealers that will let you order a custom build for MSRP or any of the plans.
The ADM thing baffles me , as I have found it very easy to find them without.
Yah I guess it just depends what a person is looking for. Supply and demand, plus advantageous dealers. Just not working for me. Glad it is for you.

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Word to the wiseā€¦use carvana. Their offers are more generous.
I figured people would be interest to hear current market conditions for a base product. I have a 2022, 507 mile, 4 door, carb gray, basesquatch. I don't think carmax takes the accessories into account but I have the mod bumper and aux switches. They offered 57k to buy it, which I thought was incredible but also did not motivate me to think about selling. I don't think you can get a cooler vehicle for cheaper than the base sasquatch at 43k. I know Carmax would probably try to sell for 65k, which sounds crazy as well, but It seems like a lot of Bronco holder are not willing to sell even for a crazy profit so the market may continue to hold strong?

Ford Bronco Carmax offer for 2.7, 4 door, soft top, basesquatch 7766C841-80B3-45AB-AEA5-DEB5A87E594F
Sponsored