First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, it’s a body on frame SUV. What does that have to do with anything anyways?
There’s been a dumb debate around here over if it’s a car or truck. My comment was an attempt at humor. Explaining jokes means I failed, or you’re not ready for this high level of comedy.
It is not a debate at all. If you go look at the EPA MPG website, you will see that Ford submitted the certified (Ford internal) data as a truck under the subcatogory of an SUV. Since Ford builds the darn things, I would guess they know into what catagory it falls. It is a truck.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not a debate at all. If you go look at the EPA MPG website, you will see that Ford submitted the certified (Ford internal) data as a truck under the subcatogory of an SUV. Since Ford builds the darn things, I would guess they know into what catagory it falls. It is a truck.

FOR A GOV'T DOCUMENT, for cripes sake!!!!

The Gov't can't even determine what a boy or girl is anymore!!!

....and don't even get me going on "otherkin".

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s clearly because covid and what’s going on in the world. Once demand supply goes back up car values are going to drop faster than you can imagine.
For most cars, I strongly agree.

Trucks though, not so sure.
I've been following Super Dutys for a long time now. Long before covid.
They have been hot and getting hotter for a very long time.
I'd love it if they cooled off though.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, and I don’t care what stupid classification the EPA put it in. It is not a truck, trucks have beds and tailgates, it’s an SUV. Unless the classification for a truck is essentially:

1) Has 4 wheels
2) Has a tow rating

In that case every manufacturer makes a “truck.”

Last edited:

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's crazy. When I took my Basesquatch to carmax with 1500 miles on it, they offered 44,000.
*heads over to Dallas carmax

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just because there’s a definitive answer does not mean there’s not a debate. It’s been brought up and discussed back and forth through many comments a few times on B6G.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For most cars, I strongly agree.

Trucks though, not so sure.
I've been following Super Dutys for a long time now. Long before covid.
They have been hot and getting hotter for a very long time.
I'd love it if they cooled off though.
Lol I did mean demand kinda, I guess I meant to say supply but was just saying demand for only new cars since used cars are all lost people can get. I don’t follow the super duty’s so I can’t speak to that. Just saying that values will plummet soon unless manufacturers use this opportunity to raise car prices through the roof.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because there’s a definitive answer does not mean there’s not a debate. It’s been brought up and discussed back and forth through many comments a few times on B6G.
Classification is idiotic and based on design of frame etc. There’s tons of SUV’s classified as “light trucks” but I doubt anyone here would call them a truck. Minivans are classified as light duty trucks, any of you driving a minivan and calling it a truck? GTFO. Everyone knows what an actual truck is…they’re big, heavy and made to tow and haul goods in their bed. My avatar is a truck, the Wrangler it’s based off is not.

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2022 Badlands Sasquatch 2 Door Lux manual with very low miles. I’ve been thinking about parting ways because I really should have purchased a 4-door and can put in a new order and get what I want in 2023. Carmax gives me the same run around about bringing it in etc. I called a few local dealers (one of which said they weren’t interested and another said the car was not desirable because it is a manual !!!!) and have been offered sticker, which doesn’t cover the taxes I paid on the vehicle (I paid MSRP). I’m not sure where all of the crazy numbers are coming from. Maybe I live in a bad area.
Ford Bronco Carmax offer for 2.7, 4 door, soft top, basesquatch 923F5DB1-7C5E-49B6-ABD4-75A0C7E9CD28

[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm selling my mom's 2005 Kia Spectra with 55k miles and good tires for $2200. Carmax offered me $2600 over the internet. That same car 2 years ago would have been worth $800.
It's crazy out there.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol 5-10 years? Not a chance. Cars are not good investments.
While in general, 100% true. In the current supply chain constrained market, used car prices are out of wack. My 3 5 year old Focus, on trade in, brought me every penny I paid for it.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I reserved mine so long ago I thought that I could not go wrong- sell it for a profit or keep it if I like it. I really expected to sell it, actually. I did not think it would take almost 2 years to get it but I love my 2 door Basesquatch and I'm keeping it. I love it way more than I though I would. When you order something without sitting in it, driving it, checking for comfort, etc. you just don't know. I not only love the looks but it's super comfy as well, handles great and it's fun to drive. So the sell part is definitely off the table for me. Hopefully it holds its value over time.
Sponsored