Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you're not towing, or towing light and just need a four pin connector, then accessories catalog or aftermarket is the way to go.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't even go to a mechanic. If all you'll use it for is a bike rack. Do it yourself!

I'm sure aftermarket will have these pretty quickly. Probably starting in the $100-$150 range.

It's literally 4 bolts. Do it yourself and save a couple hundred from having a mechanic do it.

Edit: looking at you @Wanted33 šŸ˜. I don't get why you guys spend 600 bucks on this if all you want it for is a bike rack. That seems crazy to me. Now go remove it from your build so I can get it! ;)
@EvlNvrDys

You know brother, I have been thinking about just that. And no chit, this thread has helped me see the light. I paid less than 100 bucks for the hitch on my Jeep. And, I'm betting the aftermarket one for the Bronco will be close to the same price. So, Imma gonna drop the factory one 'cause I really don't need the wiring. The next owner can worry about that. So, you my friend can have my factory one. I know, I know, I'm just that kind of guy. :cool:

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

At a 3,500-lb tow capacity, won't all Bronco owners be "towing light"?
If you have an electrically braked trailer - even at 3500lbs - youā€™ll need that 7-pin that only comes in the tow package (and the accessory catalog brake controller).

e.g., Airstream Basecamp 16 or 16x with 3,500 GVWR and Nev-R-Adjust Brakes will need the factory tow package 7-pin.

Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just today woke up and said to myself the tow package is bugging me should I or should I not cancel it? so I called my Dealer and they told me of all the sins I have that one thing could speed up my Bronco Build date is Tow package delete so I did it! all gone!
and after thinking about it I took the one off my jeep (and threw it away)when I installed an aftermarket bumber with a built in hitch and the light wiring was easy to do myself and anyway at $595.00 it will never be a problem to get it added later.

OP
OP

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just today woke up and said to myself the tow package is bugging me should I or should I not cancel it? so I called my Dealer and they told me of all the sins I have that one thing could speed up my Bronco Build date is Tow package delete so I did it! all gone!
and after thinking about it I took the one off my jeep (and threw it away)when I installed an aftermarket bumber with a built in hitch and the light wiring was easy to do myself and anyway at $595.00 it will never be a problem to get it added later.
What's the rest of your build?

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the rest of your build?
2DR / 2.7 / MIC / Lux / TOW / Iconic silver / Sasquatch / MGV / Keyless / Roof Rack / Paint protection / Top and Door Bags / headliner / Res 7/14 / ordered 1/25

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I officially deleted the tow package from my order today. Only restraint I was willing to compromise on. šŸ¤ž

OP
OP

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I officially deleted the tow package from my order today. Only restraint I was willing to compromise on. šŸ¤ž
Ditto.
4dr/BL/2.7/MIC/Lux/MGV

Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I deleted the tow package Monday and today I changed my mind I woke up and it was bothering me that I caved in on Monday so I call my Dealer Walker Ford here in Clearwater Fl. My Bronco Rep. Athena (she has been awesome very knowledgeable and easy to work with) and was happy to change my order back to include the Tow Package the reason I changed it back was because I really don't want to say or think I wish I had it in the future the told me at the dealer they could install one, I looked on line and thought about how easy for me to install it and it all came back to factory install and 7 pin plug that made me deicide to change it back so hopefully it wont delay my order!

engine7design

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would something like that be able to handle a small utility trailer?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered tow as I want the factory wiring installed for my boat trailer. My Tacoma will tow either boat, and likely better than the Bronco due to wheelbase, but I want what I want.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know if it will have a 7 pin plug?

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I deleted the tow package Monday and today I changed my mind I woke up and it was bothering me that I caved in on Monday so I call my Dealer Walker Ford here in Clearwater Fl. My Bronco Rep. Athena (she has been awesome very knowledgeable and easy to work with) and was happy to change my order back to include the Tow Package the reason I changed it back was because I really don't want to say or think I wish I had it in the future the told me at the dealer they could install one, I looked on line and thought about how easy for me to install it and it all came back to factory install and 7 pin plug that made me deicide to change it back so hopefully it wont delay my order!
Are you sure about the 7 pin plug?
Sponsored