First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't really care as long as I don't have to keep dragging her car out of the snow.
You know you are going t want t drive it. You know you will want to test those Buttons you don’t need (but secretly wish you had on your vehicle). You know you will have vehicle envy (because you secretly want hers)

You know you will have to do the right thing and come out of the closet, you know you want to come out. Be honest with everyone and with yourself.

Oh and you want to tell everyone you want to drive the wife’s Bronco too while you’re at it.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need? No. Nice to have? Yes. Personally, be satisfied with limited slip, but not happening. Tech... When a computer thinks it's better than you...

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If someone gets a Badlands before me could you please put it in Baja mode and 2H then drive it on the street and let me know if anything Bad happens. 😎 p.s. Thank You in Advance 😉

Reactions: abe

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought more about it and No we don't NEED the ability to tweak the settings in a computer controlled car.

My wife's car has nothing tweak able. You punch the gas when you need to go faster, and it will think about doing it. My car (basically the same) has a Sport mode... I turn on that (Goat) and it's a totally different car.

Sure we don't need GOATS... But we also don't really need variable timed cams, fuel injection, etc, etc... For those who don't think you need GOAT.... Fine...put your bronco in ECO mode and never touch that dial...I DARE YOU.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know you are going t want t drive it. You know you will want to test those Buttons you don’t need (but secretly wish you had on your vehicle). You know you will have vehicle envy (because you secretly want hers)

You know you will have to do the right thing and come out of the closet, you know you want to come out. Be honest with everyone and with yourself.

Oh and you want to tell everyone you want to drive the wife’s Bronco too while you’re at it.
Eh, the used F-250 I hope to get when truck prices settle down won't have them anyway.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, even the most skilled driver can’t change the shift points or steering response. A skilled driver could push the buttons to lock the differentials and shift into 4 low.
Uhhh ... pretty much every automatic transmission these days has a "manumatic" mode. Not to mention you can just modulate the throttle to force or deny shifting.

See these little plus and minus buttons? They do stuff. Including allowing you to manumatically shift.
dsc09287-1594681681.jpg

Hell, my 21 year old VW can do this. ffs

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhhh ... pretty much every automatic transmission these days has a "manumatic" mode. Not to mention you can just modulate the throttle to force or deny shifting.

See these little plus and minus buttons? They do stuff. Including allowing you to manumatically shift.
dsc09287-1594681681.jpg

Hell, my 21 year old VW can do this. ffs
Again and still, there are still other things that the goat modes so that you can't control manually. Do you NEED them? No, not really, but your original statement is still incorrect. That said, it's in every Bronco, whether you "need" it or not, so why are we even having this discussion? If you don't want to use it in your Bronco, then don't lol. 🤣

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy it or don’t buy but don’t whine about what someone else wants. Why should you even care they are spending their money or are they using your money to get what they want. I know it’s something you can’t have or understand. Either way please stop
Sponsored