Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this goes like the 50th Anniversary 2015 Mustang release no the FE won't be built first. When the 2015 mustang was released there were 1965 limited edition 50th anniversary Mustangs. They were not built first, they were mixed in with the regular mustangs. I ordered one of those 1965 50th anniversary mustangs, and dealer stock mustangs showed up at dealerships before mine was built. So I expect the FE to be mixed in with all the other Broncos
There's a difference between "first" and "limited" however.

Anyway...the whole thing is moot. No one here can do anything more then speculate.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's a difference between "first" and "limited" however.

Anyway...the whole thing is moot. No one here can do anything more then speculate.
I would rather them build a couple thousand of anything to get the bugs worked out before they got to me. I envision trains and trucks rolling with a mixture of models, including FE. Delivery time for anything near the plant will be much shorter than the west coast probably. Like you say, we don't know for sure.

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They didn't open orders back up. They sent out an email saying they would do 7000 due to demand. In that very same email, they explicitly said reservations were full.
In other words, it was strictly damage control vs telling a bunch of people hey we know you reserved one but we had interns in charge of the reveal and oversold them. You were number 3543 you don't get one sorry.

There's an entire thread on it here somewhere
...or enough dealers whined and moaned that they don't get to have any FE's to sale. So Ford caved and are going to make another 3500 for the dealers. But, again, who knows.:unsure:

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's your take on it. Like I said, a third grader on day two of elementary school programming can make a counter. The cynical approach is "they screwed up and are trying to cover their butts." The logical approach is, "Damn, we had way more responses than what we though, including much more demand for First Edition models! Gone in two hours! Let's double the allotment and add even more to the profit bottom line."

I actually thought I saw that FE orders were opened up and available, but since I wasn't in the market for that model, I can't say for certain. The e-mail you reference wasn't sent to all reservation holders--I never got one. Maybe it only went to FE owners and only after-the-fact. Regardless, without inside information, speculating on why Ford opened up more FE orders is just one person's opinion. But if you look at the history of Ford and similar models, they've done the same thing many times in the past. So, either they've been constantly screwing up counting orders or it's been carefully-planned marketing all along.
My bet would be that they want Ford dealers to have an opportunity to have a FE on the show room floor for sale and to show off. I bet the dealer network receives an allocation of FEs.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to see them built last just to see the screeching. It would be funnier than when everybody thought build and price wouldn't be here until December.

Sponsored

Cmeyers186

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't care when they build my FE. In fact, I prefer they do it later rather than first to make sure the inevitable little bugs get worked out!

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's anyone's guess, but to me, First Edition means first out the door. Maybe not all 7,000 (now that they doubled those), but maybe the original 3,500, then a chunk of other models before they get around to the other 3,500. Depending on how well initial production goes, 3,500 might require 3 or 4 weeks to produce.
Does not mean first out. Not possible to make just one model and keep model specific parts coming in without having shortages.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me, First Edition means what it says - First...out the door. As long as the "commodities" supply chain keeps up with production, they should be on the road before most, if not all, of the other trims. Doesn't bother me a bit who gets theirs first, as long as I get mine. Gives me a chance to see one or more of them IRL so I can drool in anticipation...

Hammey

Badlands
First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 1970 Corvette. and a Beagle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People who pay $60k for the FE will have less of a problem with it than you seem to. ;)

To the overall thread... I believe Ford specifically said the FE would be built first and the theory is that is why there are only 4 colors and 1 interior option. To pump them out fast.
I would love to have that Lightning Blue Color option!! :cool:

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think its a safe bet that the FE won't be "first", mannequins will be the first built. Look at Bronco Sport, FE's are still being built with regular Sports (even stock units) already on the ground.

It is still possible that FE's could be the first of the sold orders, but I doubt even that, I'm betting some FE's could be not built until mid year based on Ford's track record (look at 50th Mustangs)

Sponsored

Ken87BroncoII

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-350 XLT Crew
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All 7000 are reveal night reservations. They didn't sell another 3500 after reveal night. They oversold on reveal night before they managed to shut it down.
Actually, my 2D FE reservation is date-stamped 7/14. I must have gotten kicked out of the website 30 times on the night of 7/13 while trying to make my reservation. I was successful around 8 AM on 7/14. Perhaps I'll get #7000!

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, my 2D FE reservation is date-stamped 7/14. I must have gotten kicked out of the website 30 times on the night of 7/13 while trying to make my reservation. I was successful around 8 AM on 7/14. Perhaps I'll get #7000!
That's interesting, they must have had a system issue reopen the FE's, I was 9pm on the 13th and FE was already sold out. I had thought they had an issue with not putting a limit, now I"m wondering if in the process of getting the website running they restarted the count at 0 on FE's causing the doubling of production.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Considering ford is blaming supply chain issues for all of their delays...I would say NO. Best chance of getting an early bronco is bone stock base.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's anyone's guess, but to me, First Edition means first out the door. Maybe not all 7,000 (now that they doubled those), but maybe the original 3,500, then a chunk of other models before they get around to the other 3,500. Depending on how well initial production goes, 3,500 might require 3 or 4 weeks to produce.
There isn't really much difference between a first edition and the wildtrak/badlands squatch. Different colors, badges and decals. LOL

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would guess not necessarily so, but likely? We're only talking 7000 units after all. But at the same time, Ford would need to iron out production issues with running different trims down the same line..?
Thoughts?
Unless you voluntarily delay your delivery (e.g. waiting for black mod top), your FE will be one of the first built, according the recent Q&A:

”Will orders be built in the order that reservations were received? Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. Due to the high number of Bronco two-door and four-door reservations, deliveries will extend into the 2022 calendar year.”

Since ALL FE reservations were early (they sold out pretty fast), those reservations will also be filled early. So... maybe not actually FIRST, but definitely early.
Sponsored