First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question for those that might know.... We are down to 1 vehicle (being a 04 Camry) because our F150 decided to start idling/ jump into neutral while traveling @ 50 mph down the road! NOT GOOD! (F150 in the shop) I reserved in late 2020 and ordered Jan 2021 ( yeah yeah yeah I know lots of people ahead of me).

"My dealer" (Famous words, I got it) {small town dealer} suggested several months ago that my order should be the next Bronco for their dealership. Over the past 2 weeks, I have emailed the sales person several times (several times, because they didn't answer me) asking if they have received any updates OR if they knew if they had any allocations coming. The only response I received stated: "I am still waiting for an answer."

Are the allocations readily available to the dealerships? Should it take days for a dealership to find this information out? I know they want the sale but we can't hold out forever! I don't want to buy another vehicle to get an email the next day saying Bronco is on the way! Just wondering if there is any way to find out some type of information???? (yes.... I know, me and 60,000 other people). But something is fixing to down in this household for sure! Carpooling is NOT getting it!
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, dealerships are typically informed of new allocation numbers monthly, but scheduling previews are typically weekly.

OP
OP
maxey143

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. They used to pre pandemic. Now it's a game of bronco bingo. My dealer was supposed to get 17 a month. They only got 50 since November. I started the year 37th in line. I'm now 9th. Many behind me were scheduled ahead of me. Depends on what you ordered.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd suggest you take a look at this as a best-case, worst-case scenario.
If you don't have a VIN yet:

Best case:
- No scheduling this week.
- Optimistic: scheduling next week.
- VERY optimistic: you get scheduled during the next available round.
- That puts your production date probably in August at the earliest.
- Optimistic: it gets built when its projected build date would be.
- Optimistic: your Bronco gets shipped within 1 standard deviation of mean after mix. That may be Aug/Sept.
- Optimistic: your shipping time is the minimum-to-average of what everyone's seen so far (~1 month).

That puts it in Sept/Oct. time frame.

Worst case:
- MY2023, everything pushed to 2023 or later.

So best case? Can you survive the status quo to Sept/Oct? If no, what would you need to do to get you to Sept/Oct comfortably? Maybe that's a costly repair for the F150, but it'll get you there.

Worst case? Can you scale the solution above as far out as 2023? Will that repair hold until you can let go of the F150?

Sponsored
OP
OP
maxey143

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd suggest you take a look at this as a best-case, worst-case scenario.
If you don't have a VIN yet:

Best case:
- No scheduling this week.
- Optimistic: scheduling next week.
- VERY optimistic: you get scheduled during the next available round.
- That puts your production date probably in August at the earliest.
- Optimistic: it gets built when its projected build date would be.
- Optimistic: your Bronco gets shipped within 1 standard deviation of mean after mix. That may be Aug/Sept.
- Optimistic: your shipping time is the minimum-to-average of what everyone's seen so far (~1 month).

That puts it in Sept/Oct. time frame.

Worst case:
- MY2023, everything pushed to 2023 or later.

So best case? Can you survive the status quo to Sept/Oct? If no, what would you need to do to get you to Sept/Oct comfortably? Maybe that's a costly repair for the F150, but it'll get you there.

Worst case? Can you scale the solution above as far out as 2023? Will that repair hold until you can let go of the F150?
I conjectured up a similar scenario. I am just curious if the dealer is being forthcoming???

Last edited:
OP
OP
maxey143

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally found a little information from my dealer.... My sales person was never forthcoming with any information (not sure if they actually had the information to offer or if they were deliberately withholding????), So I decided to call the sales manager. I was able to find out this small dealer has 25 Bronco's ordered. 2 have been produced waiting on chips and 2 are currently scheduled. None of those are mine! :cry: . Remaining 21 are clear builds ( in Never, Never Land). (Not good news for me, I was hoping for mine to be the only "clear build" {fat chance!!!}) Sales Manager said he did not have the specific number of monthly allocations for his dealer. But he would have the owner call me back. Probably not going to happen, (Not holding my breath)!
Soooooo as: negativezero ☝ so wisely pointed out I have a major decision to make, since I clearly AND PROBABLY WILL NOT GET a 2022 Bronco and WILL be pushed to 2023 coming at best IF ALL THE STARS LINE UP-RIGHT, in JAN 2023. 🤧😷🤒😭😢😡🤬 ( so many emotions none of them good) So off to ponder over another Vehicle to buy! @Ford This has been such a wonderful experience! 🤥🤥🤥🥴
Sponsored