Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, I'm still getting over the "s" at the end of 180lb Great Danes...meaning you have more than one...

I think you have a GVWR problem if you take them to get food. On the other hand, you don't need a winch as they can probably pull the Bronco out of anything!

Gotta post a pic of them - they must be awesome!
LOL... I used to have three. Just lost my Atticus last month. He was 11 years old. They eat raw, so a food run usually entails my SUV piled with meat from Sam's or venison from a local deer processing place. Will post pics in a sec!
Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Urban-Chaos and Y Wreak Havoc (aka Chaos and Havoc) will be my sidekicks in the Bronco... Great Dane siblings 1.5 and 9 months old. I've traveled from coast-to-coast with my pups, but have never done any trails or off-roading. Looking forward to some new adventures!
Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort Park
Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort IMG_9004.JPG
Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort IMG_8671.JPG

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always crate at the minimum size that's appropriate. Malinois, GSD, Beauceron and a Vallhund all go camping. I'd be interested in hearing more about harnesses given the constraints of the 2dr but just haven't read enough about their safety. After years of working dogs there are enough testimonials for crates when things are at their worst but I have almost no exposure to these harnesses under the same circumstances. Looking forward to learning more.

I've used Impact https://www.impactdogcrates.com/
and Gunner https://gunner.com/ <<check their safety page with rollovers, ejections etc.

Mal camping pic :)

Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort 1614369450654

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

an impact crate is realistically the safest if your main concern is a bad accident. https://www.impactdogcrates.com/.
If i expected to have my dogs in the car for say a cross country drive spending hours on end in the car i would probably invest in that. but since my dogs are only in the car 1-2 times a week that's a lot of $$$ to spend and they take up a lot of space. I plan on getting them harnesses for the bronco.
they make ziplines, i might try to make my own set up once i figure out where i can tie a zipline to in the Bronco. the biggest issue with having a dog loose in the car during an accident is the dog getting loose after wards and running off.
a back seat hammock has always kept them pretty secure in my civic hatchback but there's less space for them to move around in that car.

Jersey2607

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2, Volvo C70
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two of my girl Luna (Husky/American Eskimo mix) and two of my boy Myers (GSD)
Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort BABC0C36-865E-4F1B-9FBD-4ADD23ED2601_1_105_c
Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort 6D7B4293-9A4A-4800-A343-253E282A519E
Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort 2D0D30C0-2F23-42F2-943E-96A9CC868C8B
Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort 8877FDA9-F551-465A-AF7D-F1BA4C200821_1_105_c

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I’ll be camping and running trails with a 75 pound dog In my 2 door Badlands. What ideas are out there for safety and comfort for my buddy?
We recently got both our kids harness's and seatbelts. The original seatbelts I got were horrible but our friends mom suggested these ones on Amazon and they are much better. My kids are 105 lbs and a little over 70 lbs.

Screenshot 2022-07-02 061402.png
Sponsored