BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He doesn’t like having the top down but puts up with it around town / low speed at the beach. Otherwise prefers one of the other cars.

80BCFED6-8926-40A4-87DD-FDA0E1764D9B.jpeg
Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably not what you are asking but I'll be building my pal a ramp that I can extend out the back onto the ground for him to climb up. He'll be almost 11 when I take delivery and he's been with me on every single outdoor adventure I've had in the last decade. We've climbed icy mountains, canoed through states, and been on backpacking adventures. He would be a mess if he ever found me packing my gear and he didn't get to go. I'm happy to oblige. Last year at 8pm every night he would go stand by the back of my SUV (when dispersed camping) until I lift him in. He gets out every hour to check on me and every hour I have to hoist him back in. Hopefully he can get the hang of a ramp.
I'll be getting the Heninger Twist Step. I've had one on all my SUVs and it works great... fits into the tow hitch and twists under the car when not in use. Much wider than a ramp, more stable for my 180 lb Great Danes, and I can also stand on it to reach the roof racks!
https://twistep.com

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not too long ago, Elon Musk was on the JRE and was speaking about how advanced modern day air bags are.

He said you basically don’t have to wear a seatbelt they’re so good.

He spoke about Tesla’s airbags, but also modern airbags in general. I’m not sure how advanced Ford’s airbags are or how good they’ll be in the Bronco, but maybe someone else more knowledgeable than me on the subject can add to that.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, but I bet the Jeep rides is what your dog lived for. I didn’t know any better either.

I have never tried the products yet. But I plan on either getting a barrier, and maybe a harness similar to what’s in the picture, or both. I know my boy is safe in the crate, but I want him to enjoy the ride with me. I just drive extra cautious.

That’s my 7 month old Pyrenees/Golden tearing up Tahoe snow! :)

Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort 80BCFED6-8926-40A4-87DD-FDA0E1764D9B

Theres nothing like a dogs happy face❤

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll be getting the Heninger Twist Step. I've had one on all my SUVs and it works great... fits into the tow hitch and twists under the car when not in use. Much wider than a ramp, more stable for my 180 lb Great Danes, and I can also stand on it to reach the roof racks!
That’s really cool, bookmarked that in case I ever get a bigger dog. Current little guy would take one look at that and be like “neat, now pick me up”

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, I'm still getting over the "s" at the end of 180lb Great Danes...meaning you have more than one...

I think you have a GVWR problem if you take them to get food. On the other hand, you don't need a winch as they can probably pull the Bronco out of anything!

Gotta post a pic of them - they must be awesome!

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're going to harness your dog I suggest looking into CPS approved harnesses.

https://www.centerforpetsafety.org/test-results/harnesses/cps-approved-harnesses/
My wife is an engineer for child safety seats and would laugh at the performance requirements to earn their seal.

Basically as long as the webbing / stitching doesn't have a gross failure and your dog doesn't travel 3 FEET during a sled test it will get a seal. There is no federal standard for pet safety, so I suppose something is better than nothing, but note there is no injury criteria for the safety of your pet, no G measurement or force measurements.

More importantly, just like kids, is if the product is being used as intended. So buy a harness that your dog is comfortable in and is installed correctly.

EDIT: Also note there is no mention of the test protocol (how many Gs), just that it's at a NHTSA certified facility!

Last edited:

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not too long ago, Elon Musk was on the JRE and was speaking about how advanced modern day air bags are.

He said you basically don’t have to wear a seatbelt they’re so good.

He spoke about Tesla’s airbags, but also modern airbags in general. I’m not sure how advanced Ford’s airbags are or how good they’ll be in the Bronco, but maybe someone else more knowledgeable than me on the subject can add to that.
Not sure I'd go that route...and have a hard time believing Tiger would have survived depending only on airbags. At least until we get the foam filling safety system from Demolition Man ;)

Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort 1614350614671

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife is an engineer for child safety seats and would laugh at the performance requirements to earn their seal.

Basically as long as the webbing / stitching doesn't have a gross failure and your dog doesn't travel 3 FEET during a sled test it will get a seal. There is no federal standard for pet safety, so I suppose something is better than nothing, but note there is no injury criteria for the safety of your pet, no G measurement or force measurements.

More importantly, just like kids, is if the product is being used as intended. So buy a harness that your dog is comfortable in and is installed correctly.
I mean have you watched other companies get tested? Some do EXTREMELY poor. Just something to keep in mind I guess 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean have you watched other companies get tested? Some do EXTREMELY poor. Just something to keep in mind I guess 🤷‍♂️
My point was what does poor mean? Like here - yes the dog doesn't become a projectile. I'd say that's good. But he's so rigidly strapped in, that had it been a real dog his organs are going to slam around and his neck will slam forward. And like any good critic - I'm not proposing a solution or say I know best. But I do know F*Delta_T = M*Delta_V. The mass and change in speed are going to be constant for a crash test. So the only way to reduce the F is to increase Delta_T.

Last edited:

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My point was what does poor mean? Like here - yes the dog doesn't become a projectile. I'd say that's good. But he's so rigidly strapped in, that had it been a real dog his organs are going to slam around and his neck will slam forward. And like any good critic - I'm not proposing a solution or say I know best. But I do now F*Delta_T = M*Delta_V. The mass and change in speed are going to be constant for a crash test. So the only way to reduce the F is to increase Delta_T.

Poor is broken chest straps, broken clips or mounting components, and ejections. I figured that was clear but I figured wrong.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Poor is broken chest straps, broken clips or mounting components, and ejections. I figured that was clear but I figured wrong.
I figured that's what you meant, but my point is if your measuring stick is ONLY gross failures, then you're not really measuring anything.

It should be gross failures AND some sort of injury criteria. If I tied up my dog with a noose it would past these tests.