First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crating is probably the safest way for a dog. My first two Goldens I just put a dog bed in the back of the suv and got lucky I never hit anything. Now I’m crating but my Pyrenees. I know I’m going to experiment with a sturdy net partition for him and maybe a security device hooked onto the back of his harness to give him more freedom.
Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Used to carry 3 German shepherds in my 11' JKUR, each with their own tether. Only have 1 now, but will be getting another, will continue to use tethers.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am also considering investing in a seat saver. Several companies make them
I am not pushing this one it is just an example.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/delux...MIvJ6O1sSG7wIVCPHACh2ZhwwAEAQYAiABEgJjD_D_BwE
Another recommendation for a "hammock" for the back seat. I bought this one 6 years ago and it is still holding up really well. Keeps the furballs from falling down into the footwells.
https://www.amazon.com/Petego-Seat-Protector-Hammock-X-Large/dp/B006FXDBSY

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’ll be camping and running trails with a 75 pound dog In my 2 door Badlands. What ideas are out there for safety and comfort for my buddy?
I have a 12 yr old Frenchie
A 4 yr old basset hound
A 1 yr old LAZY pitbull

I'll be getting a work out with getting them in and out.

But I need a good harness for them.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a 120 lb baby and I will probably do a harness and fold the seats down. He is probably going to hate it lol

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Crating is probably the safest way for a dog. My first two Goldens I just put a dog bed in the back of the suv and got lucky I never hit anything. Now I’m crating but my Pyrenees. I know I’m going to experiment with a sturdy net partition for him and maybe a security device hooked onto the back of his harness to give him more freedom.
I have a Pyr/Akbash mix, so far I've just been throwing caution into the wind and thossing him in the cab of the truck with the seats folded flat (definitely too large to attempt to sit on the seats). Even more sketchy- when I was in my jeep with the top off I would just keep his leash on around my arm so he couldn't jump out to chase horses, sheep, a leaf, a smell in the air... you know how they are. Anyway, now I feel like a dick that I didn't even know these harnesses and nets exist. With the harness do they have to be attached to a seatbelt? Or can you attach to a tie down hook? And what is this security device you speak of?

PS. this thread would be a lot cuter if everyone would include a photo of the dog they speak of.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Pyr/Akbash mix, so far I've just been throwing caution into the wind and thossing him in the cab of the truck with the seats folded flat (definitely too large to attempt to sit on the seats). Even more sketchy- when I was in my jeep with the top off I would just keep his leash on around my arm so he couldn't jump out to chase horses, sheep, a leaf, a smell in the air... you know how they are. Anyway, now I feel like a dick that I didn't even know these harnesses and nets exist. With the harness do they have to be attached to a seatbelt? Or can you attach to a tie down hook? And what is this security device you speak of?

PS. this thread would be a lot cuter if everyone would include a photo of the dog they speak of.
Yeah, but I bet the Jeep rides is what your dog lived for. I didn’t know any better either.

I have never tried the products yet. But I plan on either getting a barrier, and maybe a harness similar to what’s in the picture, or both. I know my boy is safe in the crate, but I want him to enjoy the ride with me. I just drive extra cautious.

That’s my 7 month old Pyrenees/Golden tearing up Tahoe snow! :)

92B889CF-153D-41F0-91D9-A3388DE249A5.jpeg

2DF36F27-18E8-4105-8FF9-C5E9F1FDE764.jpeg

1F1E6C13-202D-47C0-9091-46C82825CE6E.jpeg

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think @JAGSarge may have a good idea, he did start the four legged partner post

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Dog safety and comfort BB1A0FAF-C5FF-4397-8B4D-AD2534DCA29A

65 pounder here. Hopefully they have one of those cargo net soft tops so he can ride with me with no hard top
He’s a beauty, try to catch up to those nails, he’ll love you for it. I use a full body rappelling harness and a chain hoist to trim nails and weigh our Bullmastiffs. I’ll probably use it in the Bronco also.

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Frenchie who loves sticking her head out the window when we are stopped at traffic lights. She doesn't stray too far away from me, so I'm not overly concerned about her jumping out, but she's also a Frenchie, so she is a meathead, and when my Bronco arrives and the doors come off, I am concerned about her staying in the vehicle. I bought this recently, and hope it will do the trick

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07X836SW9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored