OBXA51

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I added the bags to my soft top order, but still unsure what to do with them when they’re not installed. I don’t see me meticulously loading them in the trunk every time (especially considering it interferes with dropping the soft top).

wondering if something like this Jeep door storage rack would work, or if I could just build something similar for a fraction of the cost and line it with some rubber foam.

EDIT: Fixed link.
Wait, you cannot store the doors in the back of a 4-door and put the soft top down?
Sponsored

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, you cannot store the doors in the back of a 4-door and put the soft top down?
There was a dealer showroom video on here that showed the doors in the trunk and the soft top *almost* all of the way down, but definitely not all the way down. Looked not good in my opinion. I imagine it has to be a giant pain to get them in and out of the trunk with a soft top since it doesn't open up in the back the same way the hardtop's glass panel lifts up.

I didn't find that surprising or disappointing. I never expected full soft top functionality with the trunk jam packed to max capacity with 4 doors.

OBXA51

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope, it can't be raised or lowered with the doors in the back
There was a dealer showroom video on here that showed the doors in the trunk and the soft top *almost* all of the way down, but definitely not all the way down. Looked not good in my opinion. I imagine it has to be a giant pain to get them in and out of the trunk with a soft top since it doesn't open up in the back the same way the hardtop's glass panel lifts up.

I didn't find that surprising or disappointing. I never expected full soft top functionality with the trunk jam packed to max capacity with 4 doors.
Just saved myself the cost of buying the bags then. Guess I'll have to fab up a rack to store them on, and not on the bed in the spare room

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saved myself the cost of buying the bags then. Guess I'll have to fab up a rack to store them on, and not on the bed in the spare room
I still bought the bags - the grab handles should definitely help with install/removal, plus having a layer to protect them even as I move them in and our of whatever rack I configure seemed like a solid idea. They're on my build sheet at $350, which isn't nothing, but in the grand scheme of things thought it was something that would be worth it to protect a sizeable investment.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base