Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The biggest Toyota feature that I appreciate is the SafetySense tech that are standard in most models, including base. Looks like you only get some of those things when you pay for the mid-package on a Bronco. Keyless entry seems like something you don't have to pay extra for either.
Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What you say is true however, my 6 man team operating across a border in let’s just call it “an unfriendly country” had a Land Cruiser crap out on us. We bought/borrowed a farmer’s beat up Russian sedan for $200 American (that’s anout Eleventy Billion dollars in local currency, and hightailed it out of there. (Full disclosure: our other Land Cruiser was great and never failed us).
Sometimes you have a bad day.
All equipment eventually has issues.
And Im sure there is probably someone somewhere that has an Alfa Romeo that actually made the entire commute without throwing out one error code on the dash. But I'm going to focus on what happens most of the time, not a one off rarity

:)

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The biggest Toyota feature that I appreciate is the SafetySense tech that are standard in most models, including base. Looks like you only get some of those things when you pay for the mid-package on a Bronco. Keyless entry seems like something you don't have to pay extra for either.
Yeah that includes radar cruise, it's standard even on crappy Corolla. Bronco requires lux pack to get radar cruise, so you're close to 50k or more if you want to take it easy in stop and go freeways in a bronco

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What you say is true however, my 6 man team operating across a border in let’s just call it “an unfriendly country” had a Land Cruiser crap out on us. We bought/borrowed a farmer’s beat up Russian sedan for $200 American (that’s anout Eleventy Billion dollars in local currency, and hightailed it out of there. (Full disclosure: our other Land Cruiser was great and never failed us).
Sometimes you have a bad day.
All equipment eventually has issues.
You are right any machine can fail and ..... there are exceptions to every rule, some only serve to prove it.;)

And thanks for serving the nation in a capacity that requires hightailing it out of tight situations! (y)

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you should go down to the outer banks. $40,450 for the two door and it already has the auto, the mid package, and the body color trim I like. The two door comes with a hardtop already so I don’t need to worry about that and the high package at $1200 lets you get the 12” screen, sound deadening materials, 360 camera, and forward sensing system. $41,650 for all that Seems like a decent deal ( just need to replace those terrible steps)

As for other vehicles, I’d consider a bronco sport or a next gen ranger and save a considerable amount, or go with a next gen edge st (if there is a next gen), bullitt or mach 1 Mustang, or a Mach E for a similar price to the bronco.

it’s really down to the bronco and the ranger though. I’ve really liked the renders I’ve seen of the next gen ranger and i would use a truck bed way more than I’d ever use a removable roof or 4x4, but the bronco just looks so damn awesome that makes it a tough decision.

Sponsored

BobN

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison Diesel, 1942 Ford GPW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I don't but a Bronco, I would buy a Colorado ZR2, and maybe get the Bison package. I saw a Bison locally last week at invoice, and I almost did it, but I've been waiting for B&P to come out on the Bronco.

The Bison has everything off road that the Bronco does, except sway bar disconnect. And, it tows 5k lbs.
Some of the Bisons have a diesel. That's what I have a 2020 ZR2 Bison diesel. It listed for 58K and I paid about 54 for it. It is a hoot to drive and I love it. Downside is that I only have 887lbs of payload! Yet it will tow 5000lbs. I've added to it, Warn winch, AEV transmission skid, ditch lights and rear bumper lights, camper shell, etc.

Was in the market for a Rubicon Gladiator but no diesel available. And I wanted a diesel. Now that I have a diesel, well, I can move on. LOL. I'm not in a hurry to buy the Bronco but I'm looking forward to getting one after the first year or so. I'm thinking I will be in the market again in 2023 or 2024. Hard to say. COVID has really cut back on my driving so I barely have 7000 miles on my one-year-old truck. As far as which Bronco, I'm leaning toward the Badlands.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should really consider the Black Diamond for what you are doing - That is the model I am getting and it's capabilities will exceed my uses I'm sure. No rock crawling for me, but a ton of getting to great outdoor spots to climb, fish, backcountry ski, etc. I want something that can handle bad fire roads, driving on the beach, and crappy snow conditions, but still be fun to drive everywhere else. I think the BD is a bargain at it's price and will be way more fun to drive than a 4Runner (I shopped them hard this year and was not impressed). My other requirement is the manual which you can't get with the 4Runner. As for Toyota reliability, ANY car would be reliable with 20 year old tech.
What about badlands?

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not as much sticker shock, as others have posted, it's about balancing perceived value with wants and needs.

Your right about the Sport not getting much attention, before the reveal the Bronco Sport forum was pretty dead. When I saw it at the reveal, I thought it may be good for my wife as a replacement for her Subaru Forester, she looked at it and said she would like to test drive one.

Once the Bronco Sport test videos came out, I think we all gave it more respect, so yes, I will be looking at one for me, as I consider all the options. Not saying in any way, shape or form, the Bronco is out for me, but as and engineer I tend to make rational, practical decisions, once all the information is in, not emotional decisions.
Looking at the invoice pricing on the Sport it appears a Granger/Stephans deal would put a Badlands w/Badlands package around 35K. If I'm wrong someone please correct. It would be very tempting at that price. Just wish it had the 2.3EB.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think your looking at the wrong trim to be honest. You plan to do 5% off road then why are you even looking at the badlands or the TRD Pro and to be honest I prefer going with a lower trim level Bronco over a 5th gen 4runner even if it was a TRD pro and this is coming from someone that was close to pulling the trigger on the 4runner before the bronco unveil. The 4runner has way less options and VERY dated technology. The 4runner is a very capable vehicle and very reliable but the car has not been refreshed in what 10 years now? I really think you should consider a lower trim I am confused why a person that only does 5% off roading needs a badlands you will probably never use the disconnecting sway bar in your life if you truly only do 5% off roading. I think the trims you should be cross shopping based off of your post is the 4runner Off Road vs the Bronco Black Diamond and just the price difference from Badlands to Black Diamond saves you around $8000 for your options you want to add.
Gotta also think, does everyone who gets a raptor use it to its full potential? Sometimes it’s nice to have nicer things and if the package you want comes with something you won’t use necessarily, does that make you not want your package ?

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotta also think, does everyone who gets a raptor use it to its full potential? Sometimes it’s nice to have nicer things and if the package you want comes with something you won’t use necessarily, does that make you not want your package ?
I never don't want my package. Always glad its there..

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think you should go down to the outer banks. $40,450 for the two door and it already has the auto, the mid package, and the body color trim I like.
I looked at the Outer Banks, after I add the options I want, including the Lux package, it is only $3K less then the Badlands. For that I loose the Front & Rear Locker and the sway bar disconnect.

Could I convince myself the rear locker is enough, maybe. But on the Outer Banks, only the Rear Locker is an option so by the time I pay for that and some decent 17" A/T tires and wheels, to replace the 18" wheels, now I'm back over the price of the Badlands ?‍♂

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the mix of Bronco heritage and modern technology the 6th gen Bronco is bringing to market. But after seeing the survey pricing, like many of you, I have started to reevaluate my Bronco purchase, this thread helped to put things into perspective.
Let's Be Honest About Our Intended Use
My use will be 95% daily driver and 5% off-the-beaten-track trail riding, which will be the most serious off-roading I will ever do, further, I never plan to take the roof or doors off as my wife sunburns way too fast for that. Based on the survey pricing, which still did not include a number of the options I wanted, along with a bunch of accessories, my Bronco Badlands quickly headed towards $60K.

I'm concerned Ford thinks they can quickly cash-in on the Bronco hype and popularity with proud pricing, like the Jeep. Although unlikely, some Ford market analysis are concerned about a Ford bankruptcy. Is Ford so worried about their financial condition that Ford is going to end up doing what every Wall Street driven company has to do to survive, show immediate quarterly results vs more long term growth prospects? Is Ford trying to get whole all at once with Bronco pricing to alleviate these concerns?
Well North7, I'd be sad to see you go, but sort of understand your perspective although I'm going to offer some pushback. Your mind may be made up, so this may be for other readers in a similar situation.

Yes, off road vehicles are expensive. Why? Well, normal automotive parts and the materials and metals they're made of are normally made to be only as strong as required to pass regulation, unless you're talking luxury and German luxury in particular since they tend to over-engineer certain parts or use materials beyond necessary to give a feeling of robustness and luxury.

Off road vehicles are engineered to take a beating, sort of like how sports cars are engineered to handle, fast, and run hot. Both applications are very expensive in comparison to a typical also-ran vehicle. You're going to have the extra costs passed down to the consumer.

If you don't plan to get an off road vehicle dirty, it will indeed feel like overkill because it would be. Defies logic to pay all that extra coin for something that won't ever be used. Sort of like buying a 911 and never driving over 75 mph or never taking it to a proper track.

Basically in either application, the purchase was made for cosmetics, not application. What makes off road vehicles a bit different is the buy in cost of actually using it. Going to a national or state park is cheap. Camping can be expensive to get started, but it's cheap. Track time and the tires you run through is expensive as hell, so it's understandable to not actually try it. Plus track driving takes training and the training costs money. You won't learn by watching YouTube videos. Video games can help you learn some things, but you don't have the feel of weight transfer or speed.

Off road driving is very accessible as long as you don't let pride or peer pressure push you too far.

So, another point is that Bronco has a variety of trims, so there are street spec Broncos to have, but if you want to go for the true "warrior" look, you're going to pay for it. Even the old ass boring 4 Runner TRD Pro can't be found for less than $52K on average. A Rubicon is the same, etc unless you're driving junk or something used.

So, For those who don't want to dive in and get dirty, yes, move on to something less potent. But, if you want to try getting out yonder, seeing the world as God created and all of it's beauty, then step up to a Badlands and take your ass out to the Badlands.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah that includes radar cruise, it's standard even on crappy Corolla. Bronco requires lux pack to get radar cruise, so you're close to 50k or more if you want to take it easy in stop and go freeways in a bronco
From my research into a new 4Runner, the particular version they used in the 4Runner is pretty bad and won't bring the car to a stop, i.e. doesn't work in stop and go traffic. I don't have direct experience though.

And regarding the person you were quoting, you do need to get one of the premium trims (including TRD Pro or Limited) to get push button start and smart access.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a long time Toyota owner, I love the reliability of the brand. My taco has been great and before that my FJ was a tank!
With that being said Toyota has gone stale, Tacoma has saturated the market, tundra hasn’t changed in years, the technology is tired...
Love the brand but basically it bores me

I’m ready for something new and refreshed like the Bronco..

I don’t fault anyone for jumpin ship to another brand, there are plenty of great quality vehicles out there..

but as I’ve said in past threads, the Bronco for me means more as it’s a family nostalgia thing for me...

good luck to everyone deciding what’s best for them..
I've had only Toyota for 30 years. They're stuck on their successes. My tundra is great, but barely fits in the garage and gets 17 mpg on good tanks.! Taco was great, tho rough. Have you sat in one? Horrid and they didn't change it other than a power seat. Position is the problem. Ditto 4 runner. I'll miss the reliability but trading for Fun! Oh, wife has Rav and it's great for what it is :a very efficient driver.
Sponsored