Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I imagine a lot has to do with technique and individual strength. The 2 doors are heavy and some need help. Nothing wrong with asking for help.

I have no problem with my 2 doors though, and I'm not overly big or strong. I just stand on the inside of the door, one hand on the inside handle and the other hand under the door in the slot. I don't have a problem seeing the hinges while I set the door on. If light is an issue, do it outside during the day. There is plenty of light to see the hinges. Let go of the doors gradually to make sure they aren't going anywhere.

Use the alignment pin provided. Maybe some of the issues come from not using it?
Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Morning everyone,

I took the front doors off this morning for the first time in my 1.5 years of ownership. Iā€™m embarrassed by that fact but it is what it is. Good news is that it was very easy to do.

I wanted to let yā€™all know that my passenger side lower door bolt was very loose when I went to remove it. I put the 13mm on it and got no resistance. I was able to easily remove with my hand. The other 3 bolts on both doors were secure. Just a heads up that folks may want to check their door bolts for security.

Im addicted to doors off driving now! Cheers!
Nice Buff.

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was at the 4201/49 TESTS, 84-88.
Best job I ever had....SAC will be BACK!!!
Youā€™re a bit olderā€¦I mean wiser than I. My dad was in the 644th at K.I. Sawyer in the lates 80s then the 596th/96th in the early 90s. I was fortunate enough to be in the 96th myself out of the BUFF schoolhouse to kickstart my career.

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Youā€™re a bit olderā€¦I mean wiser than I. My dad was in the 644th at K.I. Sawyer in the lates 80s then the 596th/96th in the early 90s. I was fortunate enough to be in the 96th myself out of the BUFF schoolhouse to kickstart my career.
I was TDY to KI for some "special testing" in Sep/Oct 88...nice place...wouldn't wanna be there in winter!!!
Friend of mine, Rich Ehmer, from Barksdale (well, originally from NY), was an AC there/then.
Pic is "Mission Planning at KI Siberia".

ehmer_mission_plan.jpg

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was TDY to KI for some "special testing" in Sep/Oct 88...nice place...wouldn't wanna be there in winter!!!
Friend of mine, Rich Ehmer, from Barksdale (well, originally from NY), was an AC there/then.
Pic is "Mission Planning at KI Siberia".

Ford Bronco Door removal PSA: check for loose door bolts ehmer_mission_plan
Love it. Nothing like the camaraderie of a squadron

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of things...

(1) bolt tightening: not too tight - but they do tend to back off if not tightened enough - I've been trying to find a small, simple torque adapter to get it to a good torque - most are too big or the torque range not helpful or too small (for bicycles) or too expensive... if you know one, send it...

(2) door bags: I bought door bags but have more trouble taking the doors off with bags on - don't have as good a grip on the handle and grip areas - hard to put bag on after removal, so I'm not sure what I'll do in that regard.

(3) door edge protection: I lost the provided rubber things and they fell off while installing a couple of times - took a small bit of door trim and permanently installed it on that angled part of door that is vulnerable to getting chipped while installing. I just leave it there - it actually looks pretty good.

(4) ??? but why do it ??? - more open air - fun - freedom - but, when off-road, it's just easier to hop in and out to check lines and move small obstacles, and so forth. I frequently only take off driver door.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Door removal PSA: check for loose door bolts ehmer_mission_plan

Thems fightin words! In all seriousness to each to their own. My fight now is the wife wonā€™t let me remove the rear doors because ā€œkidsā€. So Iā€™m rocking two on/two off. That does look weird but I love it.
Did that for 5 years in my JK...

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just remember to tighten the HELL out of them, otherwise, you will hear the dreaded CLICK CLICK CLICK that indicates the doors have not been sufficiently anchored.
Can't stress this enough! I even go back a day or two later to snug them.

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine is basically a toy as well. I'm at the age where comfort rules appearance/fashion (Not wearing elastic pants YET"). Granted if you can have both it's a bonus.
Mine was supposed to be a toy but my MBZ sedan got too boring and I first left it sitting for 5 months, to the point the battery died and I needed new tires on it so it's sitting for the rest of summer while I drive with the top off. It's over a 100 degrees out but with the AC on full blast and wind on the highways, it's perfect.
Although I really like the look with the doors off, it brings too much attention and I didn't like that, and particularly didn't want to worry about what to wear to go on a drive, since everyone can see down to your shoes, and I am beyond that point of my life as well.

BF Bronco

Base
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took my doors off for a week at the beach which was great, but now my top bolt on my drivers side door wont stay in tight and keeps backing out and making this horrible creaking noise. Anyone else seen this issue?

WoodsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Shelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco ā€˜22
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Morning everyone,

I took the front doors off this morning for the first time in my 1.5 years of ownership. Iā€™m embarrassed by that fact but it is what it is. Good news is that it was very easy to do.

I wanted to let yā€™all know that my passenger side lower door bolt was very loose when I went to remove it. I put the 13mm on it and got no resistance. I was able to easily remove with my hand. The other 3 bolts on both doors were secure. Just a heads up that folks may want to check their door bolts for security.

I had to have a dent/scratch fixed and they removed both passenger doors at the dealership to fix & a few weeks later one of my passenger back door bolts literally fell out!

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you ever do decide to remove the entire top, youā€™ll be instantly hooked on the vehicle appearance alone. They look so darn cool with the tops off. Fortunately for me, my Bronco is a toy and not a daily driver. My roof comes off at the end of spring and goes back on about mid fall. I actually get a tad depressed when putting the top back on.

So much this!!

Key is also having a good plan on what to do with the doors once they're off. I went cheap and just hang them on the wall to get them off the garage floor...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my-garage-setup-for-doors-and-hardtop.75335/

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Morning everyone,

I take my doors off when the weather permits. When you open and close the door and hear that clicking sound, then it's time to tighten them. When they are tight they are quiet. At least this has been my experience so far with them off and on probably 20 times.
Sponsored