First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ranger, Mustang, Focus RS all have downpipes and custom tuning. Need it for the Bronco! Eventually I’d like to dump the Ford Performance tune even though it’s good. Just want some more. Another 100 hp and tq would be nice.
Its 2024, should have cracked the code (ecu) by now. Hell, the good parts aren’t available to begin with (stainless steel clutch/brake lines for example), what the hell is going on?

all the manufacturers are mum about development on their downpipes as well, while the V6’s got theirs already, wtf?!
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe one day, I’ve stopped concerning myself with it. The downpipe seems to be a no go for some reason and Juggernaut is the only company actively working on a custom tune, (still developing software according to their website)
I can buy a stage 3 turbo, but can’t do anything but look at it and pretend.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The consensus I've heard is that the 2.3L doesn't really benefit from the downpipe like the 2.7L even with tuning.

Ranger, Mustang, and Focus RS all have one thing in common--the 2.3L is the only turbo engine for each model.

I think it's just a business move and not a conspiracy. However, I would love to see a ridiculously aggro 2.3L that sounds like a diesel truck.
...not sure I'd want to daily drive it or how many others would.

I mean, it makes more HP and Tq than Ford's old Boss 302 V8 (69-70) with the FP tune. Significantly less HP than the Coyote when it debuted, but only 5lb-ft less Tq.

It's pretty awesome and I would like a V8, but not because I think it'll do anything significant. I can agree on better sounds coming out of a V8, but most other complaints seem to just want to make it a faster freeway queen.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The consensus I've heard is that the 2.3L doesn't really benefit from the downpipe like the 2.7L even with tuning.

Ranger, Mustang, and Focus RS all have one thing in common--the 2.3L is the only turbo engine for each model.

I think it's just a business move and not a conspiracy. However, I would love to see a ridiculously aggro 2.3L that sounds like a diesel truck.
...not sure I'd want to daily drive it or how many others would.

I mean, it makes more HP and Tq than Ford's old Boss 302 V8 (69-70) with the FP tune. Significantly less HP than the Coyote when it debuted, but only 5lb-ft less Tq.

It's pretty awesome and I would like a V8, but not because I think it'll do anything significant. I can agree on better sounds coming out of a V8, but most other complaints seem to just want to make it a faster freeway queen.
I love how downpipes sound and the slight gas smell. Even if the gains are minimal, still want one

Juggernaut is making a tune huh, gonna look into them now

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do they know the gains are minimal if nobody makes one?
Well if the company is both good and honest, first they pen (CAD?) a design, then prototype it and then test it. If the results aren't good enough to sell enough at a profit they aren't going to make it. They will keep their results secret because they have competitors.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if the company is both good and honest, first they pen (CAD?) a design, then prototype it and then test it. If the results aren't good enough to sell enough at a profit they aren't going to make it. They will keep their results secret because they have competitors.
People buy fart cans for their 4bangers all the time, whats minimal gains and less turbo lag with this?

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would guess there's more to be gained upgrading the single cat on a 2.3 than there is upgrading two cats on a 2.7 but my guess probably isn't worth much.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would guess there's more to be gained upgrading the single cat on a 2.3 than there is upgrading two cats on a 2.7 but my guess probably isn't worth much.
Wonder what it’d cost the shop next door to fabricate a hfc for me?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A downpipe is necessary with a stage 3 turbo and tune. 3” all the way back from the turbo would gain more hp and torque. I could understand if no one made a bigger turbo for the 2.3, but CRP does

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A downpipe is necessary with a stage 3 turbo and tune. 3” all the way back from the turbo would gain more hp and torque. I could understand if no one made a bigger turbo for the 2.3, but CRP does
We got the turbo, Juggs is working on a tune, and we got the other essentials (cai, intercooler/charge pipes, bov, etc.., plus the fart cans), so again, why no downpipe, especially when the problematic 2.7 and the Braptors are getting love?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We got the turbo, Juggs is working on a tune, and we got the other essentials (cai, intercooler/charge pipes, bov, etc.., plus the fart cans), so again, why no downpipe, especially when the problematic 2.7 and the Braptors are getting love?
I just wish I had a in with someone who has the capability of making one, I would pay for it no matter the price

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wish I had a in with someone who has the capability of making one, I would pay for it no matter the price
No guarantees about it, also could find a shop

someone here had a custom downpipe made
Sponsored