First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did this just this past week, but I didn't trust it at interstate speed for the trip I needed to make, so using some scrap 1x1 aluminum angle I fabbed up a couple quick hold downs for the rear roof section. Used factory roof bolts and some random spacers I had in the garage.
Ford Bronco Drove w/ Front Hard Top Panels Only 20240523_143920
Ford Bronco Drove w/ Front Hard Top Panels Only 20240523_143931
Ford Bronco Drove w/ Front Hard Top Panels Only 20240523_143943
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Waiting to hear anyone with a 2dr thatā€™s tried this šŸ¤”
I do it all the time with my 2 door. Ran it for weeks at a time with no issues.

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door, just did roundtrip to Miami and back through the everglades. 650 miles of everything from highway to 2 lane to dirt from 35 mph and up to 80mph with just the 2 front panels. Those suckers never moved a bit. I will be running her like this until December I think!

Ford Bronco Drove w/ Front Hard Top Panels Only IMG_8465_Original

Last edited:

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also did that this past weekend while at the beach. Liked it like that and will do it often. I also had my front doors off at the same time. Didnā€™t hit 80 though, lol, but I donā€™t see a reason not to do this as the pull down latches are engaged.
Ford Bronco Drove w/ Front Hard Top Panels Only IMG_8465_Original
Looking good, VB FTW and liking your bumper lights. How in the world does your buddy w/the Rubi keep all those duck on the dash from flying out at freeway speeds?šŸ˜Ž

KyleD

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weā€™re running the mid panel, but yes it doesnā€™t have all the attachment points so I agree with your point.
Reviving this with a different angle: Fabricating a part to make this a more secure / safe configuration.

I'm currently running with this setup (4dr with front and mid panels but no rear cap). I love it. You get the sun protection without the flapping of the bimini top.

BUT, the midpanel is only attached with 2 of the 5 attachment points. The 2 j-hooks on the front end are connected but the 3 latches in the back are loose. 80+MPH is a good test and the bungee to the car seat connections is a good idea, but I'd feel better with those remaining attachment points connected to something firm.

Anyone know someone who could fabricate a part that would sit on top of the rollbar to replicate the 3 attachment points the rear clamshell provides? I would think the 2 boltholes the rear clamshell uses on top of the rollbar could be repurposed to secure this fabricated part.

Thanks, Kyle

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reviving this with a different angle: Fabricating a part to make this a more secure / safe configuration.

I'm currently running with this setup (4dr with front and mid panels but no rear cap). I love it. You get the sun protection without the flapping of the bimini top.

BUT, the midpanel is only attached with 2 of the 5 attachment points. The 2 j-hooks on the front end are connected but the 3 latches in the back are loose. 80+MPH is a good test and the bungee to the car seat connections is a good idea, but I'd feel better with those remaining attachment points connected to something firm.

Anyone know someone who could fabricate a part that would sit on top of the rollbar to replicate the 3 attachment points the rear clamshell provides? I would think the 2 boltholes the rear clamshell uses on top of the rollbar could be repurposed to secure this fabricated part.

Thanks, Kyle

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg
The 2 side ones would be more than enough, and I thought about making some brackets. But those j-hooks are badass, and unless weā€™re going to run 50+mph backwards. I see no reason for anything.
Itā€™s also attached to the front panels which have lots of their own attachments, so thereā€™s also that.
Sponsored