Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It never ceases to amaze me how effective that tinfoil picture tactic is.

Let's think about this. People literally have no greater fear than being considered uncool. So the only thing they have to do to suppress discussion is to show a picture of tinfoil.
Your greatest fear is being considered uncool?

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the article, that's a good one. My fear is that Ford's CEO may follow through with his suggestion of deploying this before it's required.
I've never heard anyone call something written by the Washington Post "good." But hey, to each their own.

OP
OP

Muffin Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We're certainly impressed by your confidence - such that you don't want anyone to say anything positive

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can see all kinds of issues with a passive sensor. If they try sampling the air in the vehicle it could easily pick up your drunk companions when you're the sober designated driver. So you're trying to get people home and have your car lock up and refuse to move. Not a good situation. If they trying looking at things like steering or braking inputs it could also generate false alarms. Last year I borrowed my sons Ford Ranger and was driving on I-40 between Kingman AZ and Flagstaff pulling a cargo trailer. The road is so bad I was dodging large potholes for much of that section. The Ranger kept popping up a message on the display asking if I was drowsy. It must have sensed all the erratic motion trying to keep from destroying my trailer in the huge holes. That was only annoying but if it was connected to something that would disable the vehicle it would be a big problem.

If it's not passive then it will be intrusive and I doubt most people will tolerate it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Muffin Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uh oh, that's what I was afraid of. It sounds like Ford has already deployed this.

Great points, though, thanks !

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP, the problem isn’t necessarily your point of view, it’s that you’re presenting arguments with definitive claims without any evidence. If you really want to convince people, attach links to your articles so we can reference what you’re saying. You keep saying that Farley has “incredibly bad judgment” but have yet to provide proof or examples of his poor judgment. Your posts read like a high school paper where someone tries to convince the reader that their perspective is correct “because I said so” and anyone who questions you is gaslighting.

If there is any gaslighting going on here it isn’t coming from the other commenters.

Let’s see some proof behind your point.

OP
OP

Muffin Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not trying to convince anyone.

It sounds like you're going to the extreme of ignoring MLRey's points. You're implying that this is a lesson we have to learn the hard way.

I don't doubt your belief that this is an unfortunate lesson that some can only learn the hard way. However, your belief that this has to be learned the hard way is not actually relevant to this thread. I'm just trying to opt out, and I don't care what they think of my choice.

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some wild replies. I'd like to believe we can all agree drunk driving is a heinous crime that is absolutely preventable.
But it's not 100% preventable Probably not even 50% for decades. There are literally decades of cars they won't retrofit. I'll bet good money there will be a defeat mechanism on the market before this half cocked idea hits the streets. Add to that there will be non drinkers that will blow the test "to get their buddy home" or some nonsense. It's like people never study history or even pay attention to human behavior. Mandated seat belts. Excellent idea. Thousands still don't use them. Mandated gun laws. More mass shootings than when I was a kid and everyone owned a gun. The list is endless. You cannot mandate human behavior. Covid ring a bell?
I'm 39 years sober. I get it. I remember many times waking up in my driveway or even my house not remembering how I got there. Against all logic and rational thinking I did what I knew was wrong. The only thing that stops you is you.
Depending on the government to be mankind's nanny has proven to be the wrong course of action throughout history.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

No problem just get a pet raccoon 🤣🤣🤣
Like I said in my other post. Or to quote Ian Malcolm. Life will find a way
BTW raccoons make terrible pets. Based on family experience I can assure you, you will come to regret it. Cute little buggers though.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP, the problem isn’t necessarily your point of view, it’s that you’re presenting arguments with definitive claims without any evidence. If you really want to convince people, attach links to your articles so we can reference what you’re saying. You keep saying that Farley has “incredibly bad judgment” but have yet to provide proof or examples of his poor judgment. Your posts read like a high school paper where someone tries to convince the reader that their perspective is correct “because I said so” and anyone who questions you is gaslighting.

If there is any gaslighting going on here it isn’t coming from the other commenters.

Let’s see some proof behind your point.
I think Grainger is proof that Farley has bad judgement.
If you want a link try Bronco6g forum.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think Grainger is proof that Farley has bad judgement.
If you want a link try Bronco6g forum.
That’s a good forum recommendation. May have to check them out once I’m done here. Send me the link please.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.