Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m finally pulling the trigger on a new Bronco. Very Excited! I just ordered an Outer Banks SAS with Lux, Tow, Modular Bumper, Dual Tops and Aux Switches In Cactus Gray! What’s the thought on Dual tops? I was thinking Summer, Winter swaps…I live in Las Vegas so I’m thinking it’s a great idea..any thoughts?
Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Minnesota and bought a soft top off the lot. Even though I park inside I was nervous about how the soft top would handle the winter snow and cold. I was extremely pleased with how it performed and it even has me thinking I’d only get a soft top when I order another Bronco some day.

If I lived in Vegas I would 100% not get a hard top.

Just my opinion, good luck with your order!

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The factory soft top is awful, in design and price. Go with the hardtop and aftermarket Bestop for a soft top. I'm so glad through years of the ford f-ups during bronco rollout that I didn't get the dual tops. Been a Jeep owner for over 15 years, so not my first rodeo.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have had both. A soft top 4 door and now a hard top 2 door. I like the ease of pulling the windows out of the soft top and running around. I also like the fact I could open just the front section with out much issue and close it when needed. I didn't like the look with it all the way open siting on the back just piled up.

The hard top has two removable panels that pop right out or right back in. Finding a place to store them if you want to keep them with you can be a pain. I wish the back windows would pop out like on the soft top for a more open air feeling with the top on.

If I were to order one now knowing what I like and don't like it would be the hard top. In the winter it keeps the heat better, in the summer it keeps the AC in better. The road noise is cut way down with the hard top.

I have a hoist in my garage and can have it off in about ten minutes, and the hoist will keep it up against the ceiling so it is stored that way.

I had to figure out how to store the soft top when I took it completely off. I don't have it anymore so I don't know of any lifts for it.

If I were in Vegas I would run just a hard top with a Jtops sun shade to keep my head from frying in the sun. Here in TN I have run a few months with doors and top off, when it get hot I use the AC on max it helps.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One more note to add…

I have a 7 and 10 year old. I was really worried about the climate in the back with a soft top for both winter and summer. Neither of them have ever complained about the temperature in the Bronco.

Frankly, I am down right impressed with how great the A/C and Heat keep up. Another reason I’m considering the only a soft top on my next Bronco.

Does the soft top have it quarks, yes, but overall for what it is I am extremely satisfied…as a Minnesotan would tell you…you ‘betcha.

Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The factory soft top is awful, in design and price. Go with the hardtop and aftermarket Bestop for a soft top. I'm so glad through years of the ford f-ups during bronco rollout that I didn't get the dual tops. Been a Jeep owner for over 15 years, so not my first rodeo.
Northern Minnesota and I did the exact same thing. I'm really glad I never got the hardtop now because I don't think I'd ever really want to swap them out. I used to do that back in the day with my 90s YJ.

I love being able to just throw the factory soft top back. Personally I'm a fan.

I did buy a hot head headliner for an extra layer in the winter this year, though I never really needed it.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Northern Minnesota and I did the exact same thing. I'm really glad I never got the hardtop now because I don't think I'd ever really want to swap them out. I used to do that back in the day with my 90s YJ.

I love being able to just throw the factory soft top back. Personally I'm a fan.

I did buy a hot head headliner for an extra layer in the winter this year, though I never really needed it.
Lower Great Lakes snow belt and only issue with factory softtop is noise volume. I did order dual tops but gave up the painted modular in order to get it built.

As far as cost of factory soft? it is included as standard offering at base msrp but has a listed valuation of about $695. What else can you buy for that?

OP
OP
Moose737

Moose737

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was it a pain keeping both tops around? I hate to buy either top and wish I had the other. The soft top is obviously included and a hard top is $1800..but both tops are $2545. I figured I could sell one nor the other if I wanted to. I’m not that concerned about noise..I have a truck now. I just see so much talk about tops. Is anyone Happy happy both tops?

OP
OP
Moose737

Moose737

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BTW, Thanks for all the responses!

Race Red Badlands

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my soft top for about a year before buying a hard top in April. My plan was to swap the tops out in winter/summer, but I like the hard top so much more that I’ll never be putting the soft top back on. My recommendation would be to just go with a hardtop, and buy a Top Lift Pro to make taking it on and off easier.

Sponsored

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m finally pulling the trigger on a new Bronco. Very Excited! I just ordered an Outer Banks SAS with Lux, Tow, Modular Bumper, Dual Tops and Aux Switches In Cactus Gray! What’s the thought on Dual tops? I was thinking Summer, Winter swaps…I live in Las Vegas so I’m thinking it’s a great idea..any thoughts?
I think the dual tops where you are makes sense. That sun is going to bake that soft top if it’s on 365 days a year. We are one year into one of our soft tops-not as black as it used to be and it is garage kept. That being said buddy of mine has hard top and does not like it since it take two to remove. I’d have that hard top on in the summer when it is 110 outside.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 4dr hard top Jtops that was given to me, but I have a 4 dr soft top. Is there a way to make the hard top model work with the soft top bronco? @JTopsUSA
Sponsored