Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, thank for the notes on how to put a broken one back together. I gave it half a try and almost had it all figured out, but not quite.

I haven't seen the part number on here, but one of the links had it: ML3Z-2B623-AA and that's what's on my parts box with the old broken one in it.

I let my son-in-law drive it and as I was about to explain how to release the parking brake he just tore it right out of there. I'm surprised this isn't more common than it seems to be.

From now on, the first thing I will tell anybody I let drive it will be "DON'T DESTROY MY PARKING BRAKE!!" Then I'll calmly explain how to work it. ;)
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Received my new switch that the dealer had ordered and shipped to me and installed it this evening, finally. Once I got the new one in, I dug into the old one and found that it's pretty straightforward and I actually had all of the parts still to get the old one back up and working perfectly. I thought perhaps if anyone else has this issue in the future, and as long as you retain the small parts, it's possible to do a self repair and possibly not need a replacement.
After my previous reply I grabbed my box of parts and followed these instructions and now I have a second working parking brake switch. It all went back together just like how you explained it, including the "small puzzle" comment.

Thanks for doing this.

psychlops

Badlands
First Name
psychlops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this post. The guy who changed my oil came to park my car and snapped the switch off right in front of me. No idea why anyone would pull that switch so hard. Anyway, I checked all the pieces and none were actually broken and simply took the pieces out and put them back together per your instructions and all is good.

Thanks for posting!

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone have a link for a replacement E brake switch assembly
Has anyone considered relocating the E brake switch to a more convenient location? I regularly use it to avoid parking paul / auto transmission issues, especially while parking on an incline. It’s just way too inconvenient to stretch down there to engage and release it all the time, , and I would think something, more like what is done on other cars, i.e. on the center console somewhere would be a much more logical place to place this switch

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone considered relocating the E brake switch to a more convenient location?
I would like to find a way to change it to a handle that you pull to apply the brake, like every other car that I have owned. E-brake toggle switches are one of the dumber ideas that the car manufacturers have recently come up with.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally agree!!!!!

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone considered relocating the E brake switch to a more convenient location? I regularly use it to avoid parking paul / auto transmission issues, especially while parking on an incline. It’s just way too inconvenient to stretch down there to engage and release it all the time, , and I would think something, more like what is done on other cars, i.e. on the center console somewhere would be a much more logical place to place this switch
Relocating (or adding a different type of switch) would fix this really bad UX design. People have been trained for over a century to yank hard on that brake to park...
Sponsored