First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh boy someone has no clue as to how this works.
Oh no?? How does it work say in south Florida where I live and a hurricane comes in and you have to evacuate? I buy a generator to charge my electric car while stuck on the highway?? Maybe you’re not familiar with how a electric car charges it’s batteries. When I lived in Ohio a friend of mine could barely drive her Tesla 1.5hrs to my house in the winter without the vehicle needing charged, but please enlighten.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh no?? How does it work say in south Florida where I live and a hurricane comes in and you have to evacuate? I buy a generator to charge my electric car while stuck on the highway?? Maybe you’re not familiar with how a electric car charges it’s batteries. When I lived in Ohio a friend of mine could barely drive her Tesla 1.5hrs to my house in the winter without the vehicle needing charged, but please enlighten.
EVs are so popular in MN, that they just implemented a new rule requiring dealers to put vehicles on their lots that nobody wants, and they can't sell.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So if your not actively moving in a BEV, you are not drawing much power from the battery-this same stupid argument people are using when stuck in the cold-testing has show an Tesla can warm a car for almost 48 hours to 65 degrees without running out of power.

without having any idea what type of Tesla your friend has-yes there is some impact when it’s cold (battery pack is kept at certain temp to prolong battery life), but using rough math-driving 1.5 hours is roughly 150-200 miles in range. If you keep your Tesla plugged in overnight that should help with range issues to a point due to the power coming in can run climate control for the battery.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if your not actively moving in a BEV, you are not drawing much power from the battery-this same stupid argument people are using when stuck in the cold-testing has show an Tesla can warm a car for almost 48 hours to 65 degrees without running out of power.

without having any idea what type of Tesla your friend has-yes there is some impact when it’s cold (battery pack is kept at certain temp to prolong battery life), but using rough math-driving 1.5 hours is roughly 150-200 miles in range. If you keep your Tesla plugged in overnight that should help with range issues to a point due to the power coming in can run climate control for the battery.
Props to you for fighting the good fight in this thread. There's so many misconceptions (not to mention outright trolling) about EVs out there that I grow tired of having to debunk them at every corner. I had a '21 MME that I sold in June to make way for my Lightning which I got last month. 17k fantastic miles with the MME, and I look forward to a lot more than that with the Lightning.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Props to you for fighting the good fight in this thread. There's so many misconceptions (not to mention outright trolling) about EVs out there that I grow tired of having to debunk them at every corner. I had a '21 MME that I sold in June to make way for my Lightning which I got last month. 17k fantastic miles with the MME, and I look forward to a lot more than that with the Lightning.
Yeah, while I get that EVs aren’t for every situation, there is so much stupidity out there that it annoys the crap out of me.

Driving/using an EV can work for large amount of people and the tech and battery recharging issues are getting better and better as time goes on.

I wouldn’t mind a PHEV or Electric Bronco, but I’m not also wheeling mine every weekend either-mine is just a cool daily driver that the top comes off on.

Sponsored

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is no right or wrong answer to a persons preference. Get an electric car…cool. Don’t….that’s cool too. All good either way.

I’m still waiting for my cyber truck that I ordered a year before the bronco. Let’s go Elon.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stupid question, what’s a “MME?”

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stupid question, what’s a “MME?”
No, definitely not a stupid question. MME = Mustang Mach E. Sorry, I've just gotten used to abbreviating it that way on those forums.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, definitely not a stupid question. MME = Mustang Mach E. Sorry, I've just gotten used to abbreviating it that way on those forums.
My favorite car has always been the Mustang, I’ve had several. If I love the Bronco, I’ll keep it and buy a MME once they come out with a solid state battery. Thanks!

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EV’s are still for early adopters, but they will eventually become mainstream. You can’t beat the performance and versatility (frunk). In a few years, charging times will drop like a rock and driving range will greatly improve. My Bronco and new Expedition will probably be our last ICE vehicles.
My Bronco is my last new vehicle, I will never purchase a BEV.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Bronco is my last new vehicle, I will never purchase a BEV.
Why? In the grand scheme of things gas vehicles will be eventually forced off the road except in very limited service.

Don’t be afraid of change.

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronc5280

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shevrolegs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Electric Vehicles are a scam and are terrible for the environment. The batteries cant be recycled efficiently and there are not enough rare earth elements to produce them in scale. Batteries suffer capacity and charging issues in cold and heat making them worthless in places with actual seasons. They are a fire risk that should never be parked in your attached home garage. Among many many many other under reported issues.

I will do everything in my ability to never own an electric vehicle and I will mock and make fun of anyone who is foolish enough to own one.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah- I’d consider one. 2 door Outerbanks to zip around town. Never thought I’d say that but times are a changing.
Changing only because we allow it.
Sponsored