First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe an e-Bronco (with 200-500 mile range) is not the ultimate solution for a week of off roading non-stop out of civilizations infrastructure, but - how often and how many people actually are going to use it that way?
In California and other western states, lots of people go out nearly every weekend. Plenty of gas stations in the desert and mountains, not so many charging stations, and itā€™ll take a half-tank of gas or charge just to get out there.

As an aside, Iā€™m loading up metal stocks. If the masses are right, weā€™re going to need lots of metal to reach our great electric utopia.
Sponsored

savethewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd Gen Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hybrid or bust. Something similar to the Jeep 4XE (first 30 miles are all electric).

Sponsored

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am still a gas can kind of guy. Run out of gas? A simple siphon and a willing host and your on the road again. Long off road camp trip? Spare gas container strapped out back gives you another 5 or so gallons. Major grid failure due to hackers? Can still fill up at a station with a back up generator. Hybrid maybe, but electric only? I still want to be able to jump in my vehicle and drive 1000 miles with only a few gas stops. Maybe some day they will have 10 minute charging stations, maybe?

Gimpy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am in. I would buy in a heartbeat! I was going to get a MachE but with my issues getting my Bronco decided to hold off and see if it really shows up early December.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I never thought I'd be interested in electric, but gotta admit I ran the B & P on the Mach e and the F150 Lightning is interesting. Paraphrasing Rachael Maddow (not my hero but right on here) Ford did it right, instead of making an e vehicle and trying to convince people they want it Ford took a vehicle people want and made it electric.

That said, for a personal multi use vehicle, hybrid makes more sense. The hybrid Maverick at $21K proves Ford can make an affordable hybrid.

Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am still a gas can kind of guy. Run out of gas? A simple siphon and a willing host and your on the road again. Long off road camp trip? Spare gas container strapped out back gives you another 5 or so gallons. Major grid failure due to hackers? Can still fill up at a station with a back up generator. Hybrid maybe, but electric only? I still want to be able to jump in my vehicle and drive 1000 miles with only a few gas stops. Maybe some day they will have 10 minute charging stations, maybe?
I completely agree, the infrastructure just isn't here yet. For around town, sure, but not for adventures literally through the middle of nowhere.

I have a Lightning on reserve to replace our around town vehicle (although I've been thinking about the 19k Maverick more, lately) but I'm more excited for my manual transmission Badlands with all its moving parts and less automated driving experience.

Maybe a plug-in hybrid would be the best of both worlds if the weight can be trimmed (as noted by another member).

On another note: do NOT remove physical knobs, dials, or buttons.

Last edited:

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm honestly suprised the bronco sport didn't come out as electric or hybrid. I'd consider an electric but imo the technology isn't quite there. After so many years you need to change out the battery on a tesla or if it fails you're looking at 6k to fix. In my eyes all that money I'm "saving" on gas would be going towards a new battery.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To play devil's advocate though, show me any vehicle that isn't a semi that has 1000 mile range. it would take a typical Jeep 8-10 5 gallon jerry cans to make 1000 miles.

Seems an abnormally high bar to set just to be able to say yes to something.
My range in my F150 has topped 800 miles once or twice...with a 36 gallon tank though....

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as range is comparable, i think it would be a blast
Sponsored