wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oct 20th is the unveil date of the new Hummer. Will the Hummer (or variant) sway any of you if released prior to Bronco. Ford is taking a big risk by dragging its feet allowing Jeep/Toyota and Hummer some catch up time...

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Hummer H3 Alpha (the one with v8) with just over 304K. I love it, and it's been a great vehicle. I also have a 4Runner TRD Pro. I have never owned a Wrangler though for various reasons. I would consider a new Hummer EV (the SUV, not pick up version). The profile looks like a modernized H3, which I always thought had better proportions than the stubby H2. However, the price might get stupid and definitely will start where a loaded Bronco leaves off. I also think that GM needs to rethink their marketing of their Blazer. They ought hire Jussie Smollett to tell everyone it is just like the modern version of a K5 and keep repeating it. I bet Kim Foxx would buy one.

Ford Bronco Electric HUMMER EV vs. Bronco 2022-hummer-ev-suv-profile_100754201_h

Last edited:

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am one of the folks who could be swayed by the new Hummer SUV version, but I expect the price to be in the "not worth it to me" category. I like the tow capacity, and it does appear that it will have removable roof panels. I'm really unlikely to switch, but the Hummer is about the only other vehicle I have much interest in.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man, I hate to say it but I am going to preorder/reserve a Hummer EV tonight. I am a little pissed about multiple Ford fumbles and want to keep options open. If they botch this launch, I could be swayed. I have owned one GM vehicle in my life and it had so many quality issues and Walmart level material quality issues that I hated every moment of it. That being said, the Ford dealers make me feel like they still think it is the 80s and they have power to manipulate the sale price of a unit. My dealer appears to be ok, but the more I hear the less I feel comfortable with the process the manufacturer is supporting.
I am interested to see what they bring to the table tonight, but if the price rumors are correct there is no way in hell I am reserving one.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interested to see what they bring to the table tonight, but if the price rumors are correct there is no way in hell I am reserving one.
same. if they have prices along the lines of the cyber truck i’ll be interested.

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should of just taken the H3 Adventure series and turned out a hybrid version with T tops would be killer

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t know anything about it but it sounds stupid, so, no.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its going to be cool. The hummer is an underutilized brand. The h2 and h3 were garbage , but if they can bring it back it seems like they are going after rivian and tesla

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could/Should be a game-changer.