John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Overly complicated with a lot of gadgetry and a death-wish on mountain passes. Its at least good for a chuckle thinking about an owner getting pissed when nobody wants to use their winch on that land barge to get them out.
Sponsored

burntomaro

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Out of curiosity - what is the primary gripe with the Silverado. The refresh is really nice and smooth, drives well and seems competitive.
I love the styling of the Silverado/Sierra and they are great trucks. Not knocking them at all, more the people in charge because when they did the refresh, they did absolutely nothing with the interior. How are you going to do a complete redesign and not touch the interior.

Now the new redesigned interiors look great but that was a complete backfire not putting that interior at launch.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Imagine the carnage when these super heavy Electric vehicles start having crashes with 3500 to 5000 lb passenger cars. It’s not going to be pretty.
"i'M wOrRiEd AbOuT rOaD mAiNtEnAnCe AnD oThEr PeOpLe'S sAfEtY" *hops in crew cab diesel one-ton that rarely if ever gets used to its design intent due to the 4" lift and mudders, then hits the special mode on the chip he installed to roll coal past the first Leaf he sees. "Suck it losers!"*

Not saying this is you specifically, but bemoaning increased weight in passenger vehicles as an argument against EVs in general is pretty weak. The 9000lb Hummer EV is a significant outlier, and I never heard the same people wringing their hands over the curb weight of the Power Wagon when it was revived.

rusty603

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"i'M wOrRiEd AbOuT rOaD mAiNtEnAnCe AnD oThEr PeOpLe'S sAfEtY" *hops in crew cab diesel one-ton that rarely if ever gets used to its design intent due to the 4" lift and mudders, then hits the special mode on the chip he installed to roll coal past the first Leaf he sees. "Suck it losers!"*

Not saying this is you specifically, but bemoaning increased weight in passenger vehicles as an argument against EVs in general is pretty weak. The 9000lb Hummer EV is a significant outlier, and I never heard the same people wringing their hands over the curb weight of the Power Wagon when it was revived.
I couldn't agree more. Some people are just so hesitant to something different they will try to find the bad. There are plenty of vehicles on the road that weigh more than a Hummer EV (18-wheelers) and people seem ok with those rolling down the road.

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hummer looks like it would feel like driving an giant IKEA cart.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Towards the end of the video, he forded a hub-deep stream. Did I see steam rising out of the LandRover's wheel wells? Sure looked like it! Couldn't have been dust.

Imagine fleeing a disaster (floods, hurricanes, wildfires) and you want to make 250+ miles to safety...in a 9000-lb EV. Imagine people lining up and clogging exit ramps waiting for their 2-3 hour turn at a charging station.
I'm not a fan of EVs, either for myself, or our national vehicle fleet needs. I wonder which came first: the suspect science, the ideology, or the corporate exploitation?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was interesting that they used the tow hitch to pull the Hummer given there were some questions about the strength of the cross member
Only when pushed on with a 12" drop hitch. It's fine when used in direct tension, as designed.

Imagine the carnage when these super heavy Electric vehicles start having crashes with 3500 to 5000 lb passenger cars. It’s not going to be pretty.
Hummer EV buyers pleasure themselves to the thought of this exact scenario.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't agree more. Some people are just so hesitant to something different they will try to find the bad. There are plenty of vehicles on the road that weigh more than a Hummer EV (18-wheelers) and people seem ok with those rolling down the road.
I'm totally down for some EV offroading. Looking forward to the logistics getting worked out. This Hummer is a hard NO, though. I don't have enough Ed Hardy in my wardrobe to rate driving a Hummer.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Towards the end of the video, he forded a hub-deep stream. Did I see steam rising out of the LandRover's wheel wells? Sure looked like it! Couldn't have been dust.
That's no Land Rover - it's a GM product, so of course they overheated the brakes on the descent before crossing that stream. 😁 A LR can use engine braking to save the discs.

It does indeed look like the brakes were hot, though even moderate braking can heat up the discs enough to cause a little bit of steam so maybe no big deal? I wonder if the EV Hummer has any sort of hill descent control that uses the electric motor to control your speed, so you're not just stuck overheating / warping your brake rotors once you overdo the regenerative "braking" and the standard disc brakes... maybe this is a sign they don't.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's no Land Rover - it's a GM product, so of course they overheated the brakes on the descent before crossing that stream. 😁
I wonder if the EV Hummer has any sort of hill descent control that uses the electric motor to control your speed, so you're not just stuck overheating / warping your brake rotors once you overdo the regenerative "braking" and the standard disc brakes... maybe this is a sign they don't.
Land Rover/Hummer?? :cry:Ooops! My bad.

That struck me as a lot of steam. I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of that.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok you had credit until you compared a hummer to a tractor trailer. Not sure anyone is ok with semi trailers but they are a necessary evil since that is how most freight is moved in this country.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
9000 lb. Mall Crawler.
But I am saving the environment... LOL. Clean Coal Technology for the Future, it's for the children!
Sponsored