First Edition
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not sure I understand the post--I do know that with the Hummer I do not receive the Fed Tax Credit. GM and I believe Telsa have met their quota for the Fed program. As for the roads, fair point.
Hope this helps.
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not seen the Hummer in person but the Rivian is sweet. Forgot which channel but it smoked a Tesla S in the 1/4 mile. 800 hp, adjustable ride height... looks promising. I'll be waiting for the next generation or so before jumping in. The technology is changing so fast I couldn't imagine having a $100k+ piece of outdated technology in 2-3 years.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GM is in no way owned by China or any Chinese interests. They've had a joint venture in China (SAIC) in China since the '90s. Tons of companies do that. And nothing in that article is secret lol

FWIW I wish all American business interests would pull out of China. Partnerships, manufacturing. Everything. But until then, GM isn't doing anything suspect.
This isn't true. One thing that many car companies do with their Chinese counter parts is to not share their latest technology with them. As part of their Chinese bailout they handed over everything

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn't true. One thing that many car companies do with their Chinese counter parts is to not share their latest technology with them. As part of their Chinese bailout they handed over everything
Source please. And which statement wasn't true.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not sure I understand the post--I do know that with the Hummer I do not receive the Fed Tax Credit. GM and I believe Telsa have met their quota for the Fed program. As for the roads, fair point.
Hope this helps.
Interesting, perhaps they should have revived the Hummer brand to loophole that shit.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not gonna watch that video but both of those articles support my statements and contradict yours.
The articles were more in addition to the video and in no way support your statement

GTUnit

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still waiting for my EV3x and hopefully bump to EV1 but who knows. The Hummer is huge. Parking that thing in smaller lots will be a chore but I would still prefer the comfort over a Bronco as a daily.

Sponsored

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How has @Cheshire not already commented in this thread that he's taken delivery of two Hummer taxpayer-specials, and that your build is not optimized for the platform????

I think this new hummer is great. Not only can GM soak the taxpayers for another $1.5 billion dollars in tax credits to help sell these 37% tax-bracket-mobiles, but these >9,000 lb behemoths will really help solve the crumbling infrastructure of freeways and bridges in the US. Namely, helping to destroy them.

Every American should be proud to help folks get these on the roads and also inspire the next vehicle abandonment cycle for current Tesla owners. Oh Prius, we hardly knew thee before being cast aside for the Tesla.... And now this. African battery "recycling" pits will be getting a workout!
Thanks Karen.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I was lucky to pick up my Bronco 1st Edition at the end of October--very pleased with it.
However, I picked up my Hummer EV1 on Friday and must say that it is a special vehicle. It is a beast that drives like a Bentley with features galore. GM did a great job! According to my onboard systems, I am getting about 350 miles per charge.
Overall, both are great options with an edge to the HEV1.
Enjoy!

20220308_180326.jpg

20220308_180427.jpg

20220311_192322.jpg

20220311_192230.jpg
I have some questions, if you have the time.
  1. What is the shortest-configuration height you can drive it into a garage?
  2. What is the width, including mirrors, fenders, etc.?
  3. What vehicle is hiding under that car cover? I bet that's even more interesting than the 2 you featured.
I've had a res. in for a Hummer EV 3x since Oct '20. I have concerns about it - not the least being that the EV1 exceeds the GVWL of 4 tons for the road around Saratoga Lake. And it might not fit in my garage. But if you had to part ways with one of yours, which would it be?
Sponsored