First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I must be weird but I drive a 2 door wrangler lifted on 35s and it’s easy to drive 80mph on the highway no problems, steering feels fine
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford WAS planning a Bronco truck but shelved the plan since it would cut into Ranger sales more than Gladiator sales...Now, if Ford would put the 7 speed in for the handshaker faithful , it would do well to steal some more sales from Gladiator. They already have FX4, but hopefully the 2024 redesign adds more off road flair.
I'm going to wager it was really a fun dream but always DOA concept. FCA has no midsized truck offerings, so the Gladiator can fill that role. A Bronco truck would basically be a reskinned Ranger with how much commonality there is. It wouldn't be worth their time to develop and engineer new body and tooling when they can just upgrade a Ranger with more off-road goodies.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't driven the Gladiator, but was a passenger in and drove a friend's JKU 4-door Rubicon from Chicago to Chattanooga and back. 85mph some stretches. It was no car in terms of pavement quality, but it was not a handful to drive either.

Bronco should be better with IFS, but it's still a hopped up ladder frame vehicle, with relatively high unsprung weight and squirmy tire diameter. That's not the ticket to pavement performance either. When I test drove the Bronco on pavement, it was ok, but nothing to write home about.
Hey Indio22,
I have to disagree with your opinion. The difference in highway driving is huge.
The Jeeps wander like crazy at 70mph. You constantly have to adjust the steering wheel to keep in going in a straight line, and I underline constantly. If you did not, you would end up in the ditch in due course.
I drove my Bronco through Nevada at 105mph and it tracked in a straight line with no needed input from the steering wheel to keep it going in the direction I wanted it to. Night and day difference.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must be weird but I drive a 2 door wrangler lifted on 35s and it’s easy to drive 80mph on the highway no problems, steering feels fine
I would suggest that you drive a Bronco 2 dr on 35's and then tell me what you think.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A Bronco truck would basically be a reskinned Ranger with how much commonality there is. It wouldn't be worth their time to develop and engineer new body and tooling when they can just upgrade a Ranger with more off-road goodies.
Why spend the money and resources to make the Ranger look like a Bronco, when you could spend the same money and resouces to make the Ranger look like THIS? Am I right?!

Ford Bronco I Rented a Gladiator...My thoughts vs Bronco D67D1D07-0EB1-4093-944A-BA48CE1BBBE3

OOOOH! So exciting! 😝

Sponsored

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would suggest that you drive a Bronco 2 dr on 35's and then tell me what you think.
I drive a 4 door Sasquatch bronco as well. I still don’t think the Jeep drives bad.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Solid front axle. Nothing more needs to be said. You will never have the same ride/steering when comparing solid front axle vs ifs. Nature of the beast. Impossible comparison

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive a 4 door Sasquatch bronco as well. I still don’t think the Jeep drives bad.
Ah, glad to read you have a Bronco as well. And pleased to know that your Jeep is unique in its ability to track straight. Enjoy both!

Arisdocjk

Outer Banks
First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a gladiator Mojave, wrangler Sahara, and outer banks with the Sasquatch package. The Mojave is the best highway ride of the three. It is our trip vehicle. Louisiana to Colorado, no problem doing 80 on the interstate. Now, I agave upgraded the track bar, draglink, and steering stabilizer. Also added geo-correction brackets to improve caster. I think a Jeep can be upgraded to ride as good as the Bronco.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now, I gave upgraded the track bar, draglink, and steering stabilizer. Also added geo-correction brackets to improve caster. I think a Jeep can be upgraded to ride as good as the Bronco.
Exactly the point

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you were considering a Gladiator, you need to look at Ranger.
I was considering the Gladiator since you can remove the roof and I don't really care for the Ranger's styling, even the redesign coming out in the next year or so.

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I rented a Gladiator this week for work. Figured it would be fun to drive and an opportunity to compare it to my Bronco after 3 months of ownership and 4,500 miles.

This isn't meant to trigger the Jeep folks, because the Jeep brand deserves a ton of credit for continuously offering the Wrangler and its variants as an interesting alternative to boring vehicles for decades.

With that said, I'm not joking when I say I would have returned this thing and grabbed a different vehicle if I had the time. The driving characteristics of a Gladiator vs. a Bronco are literally night and day, and being in the Gladiator gave me a whole new level of appreciation for the Bronco's road manners.

Gladiator steering at 75MPH is like giving vague suggestions as to what direction the truck should go. As a driver who represents the majority of buyers (someone who uses the vehicle as a daily driver and goes off road occasionally), I can confidently say I would have sold a Gladiator almost immediately. I'm glad they exist and think they look great, just surprised at the wildly unrefined on-road characteristics!

Ford Bronco I Rented a Gladiator...My thoughts vs Bronco D67D1D07-0EB1-4093-944A-BA48CE1BBBE3
My buddy who has a gladiator visited me recently, picked him up from his hotel and about 10 minutes into the drive, he said "wow night and day, this thing is comfortable"

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was considering the Gladiator since you can remove the roof and I don't really care for the Ranger's styling, even the redesign coming out in the next year or so.
Styling is subjective....to each their own.

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I rented and drove a convertible sport Gladiator just prior to my reservation in 2020 just to be sure I was correct in my gut for wanting the Bronco. As a 6'2, slightly meat/potato/Cheeto/Girl Scout cookie enhanced individual, it was average for my comfort level...and the 4x shifter was in a poor spot for me. My knee would lean against that creating a tight feeling in the truck. Agree with OP, road manners are definitely better for the Bronco (even with 35's versus stock Jeep tires on the Sport), just minor wind noise from the roof bars. TX has some beefy wind at times and my old TJ would like to wander on the highway in high winds. The 2 door Bronco seems to hold its own somewhat better in windy conditions due to added weight I am assuming.

I am fortunate to have a PU and the Bronco but if I was in a situation where I could only have the one box checked, the Glad Rubi could be a viable solution...and is to many folks.

Renting that Gladiator was money well spent to confirm the Bronco was the correct choice for me, even before I/we could see, sit, touch or drive one.

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Bronco Eddie Bauer, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know I am not the only one(even if its a small group) that would love to see a bronco with a bed seeing how many gladiators I see out. I am still hoping for bronco with a bed one day
I kinda feel like that's what the Ranger was brought back for?
Sponsored